ADVERTISEMENT

Let's talk Portland State...

Showenuff

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Nov 21, 2006
Another great experience for our guards. These guys throw on a full court press constantly. Canda is a damn good player and ol' Ryan Edwards #44 is 7'1" and 290 pounds. We need all our ducks in a row to win out in this tourney , potentially we could end up playing PSU, Texas and then Florida.

Reactions: timo0402
Another great experience for our guards. These guys throw on a full court press constantly. Canda is a damn good player and ol' Ryan Edwards #44 is 7'1" and 290 pounds. We need all our ducks in a row to win out in this tourney , potentially we could end up playing PSU, Texas and then Florida.

What we know today and what we know five days from now could be a lot different. A great test early on for this young team.

I hope this PK80 becomes an annual birthday present to Phil Knight. The only other thing I’d like to see is the winners of the opposing brackets playing each other.

PSU has won some good games this season, UC Riverside and Utah St. They also beat Portland. They won’t go down without a fight for sure. Something tells me the press won’t be an issue with Tre. I just don’t want to see him try to get too loose trying to beat it.

@Showenuff mentioned laying Florida and Texas, I just get this feeling Butler then Gonzaga gets through. But Florida would be an awesome matchup athlete for athlete.

Hope we are a bit more focused for this one.
I need to see Gary's shot return or I'm pulling for Alex to replace him.

Hope we are a bit more focused for this one.
I need to see Gary's shot return or I'm pulling for Alex to replace him.
Yikes...i don’t see Alex replacing him nor do i want too, and that’s not a slight on Alex, who has really surprised me. Gary will be fine, he’s just in a little shooting slump.

Shooting slumps are, unfortunately, part of the game. Gary is in one right now. He’s not really a worry for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: hart2chesson
Gary does enough to effect the game positively to where I don’t think his minutes are in jeopardy.

That’s actually a quality I’ve loved about this team. If the three isn’t falling, they’re still dominant.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Anyone else feel a little weird we are “honoring” a shoe guy when there so many our people we could recognize...not sure his influence on college athletics has been all tha wholesome?

Dude, Portland is a city.

Reactions: DukefanKY
Anyone else feel a little weird we are “honoring” a shoe guy when there so many our people we could recognize...not sure his influence on college athletics has been all tha wholesome?

Wholesome? Meh. Lucrative? Absolutely.

I will say some of these kids who could probably never afford the shoes and clothes they are getting, are getting them and getting them customized and frequently. There is something to be said about that.

Nothing against Portland State but do you guys think Goldwire, O'Connell, Delaurier, Bolden and Vrank could beat them? I think it would be close.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT