ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle filipowski

ioliva

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Jul 30, 2009
Twitter

Apparently his brother is online saying his gf groomed him into a sick version of Mormonism and doesn’t speak to his family anymore.

From my phone
GRHAQvMWMAALULz

Dang Flip , she’s not even that hot lol. Sorry just glad to see him drafted but dang at 28 she must have that kardashian good. No athlete involved with one last long 😂 run Flip.

Reactions: christophero
In all my years of being a Duke fan, I've never seen anyone like Flip. The kid could go from all rec league to all american. In the same game.
I hope he has a really good pro career.
Agree Mac . He’s young he will figure it out .

Reactions: Mac9192
How do you do it? It always tells me to insert via link
Long hold the picture until it gives you options. Click "view image" then (forgive me for not knowing what it is called) click the 3 lines where it gives you the option to "share" then it copies the link. Here, click the image icon, select, clipboard, then paste and then insert.

Long hold the picture until it gives you options. Click "view image" then (forgive me for not knowing what it is called) click the 3 lines where it gives you the option to "share" then it copies the link. Here, click the image icon, select, clipboard, then paste and then insert
Man this is really bothering me because I’m pretty tech savvy but holding picture does absolutely nothing for me. I can click the 3 dots but all it does is bring up an option to insert links and shows what media is approved to be on this forum. Anyone else know why I can’t do what shey is trying to guide me through?

This is so bizarre to me because Flip seems like a free spirit, his own person. I am reminded of an "Andy Griffith Show" episode when Barney Fife called women "treacherous commodities." Seemed funny in my youth. Its not.

As my late dad would say:"Flip lost his head over a little..............." Flip is thoroughly wrapped up,and this sounds like the ultimate ESPN documentary. Behind the scenes at Duke this past year sounds like it was a soap opera for Scheyer.

OFC

This is so bizarre to me because Flip seems like a free spirit, his own person. I am reminded of an "Andy Griffith Show" episode when Barney Fife called women "treacherous commodities." Seemed funny in my youth. Its not.

As my late dad would say:"Flip lost his head over a little..............." Flip is thoroughly wrapped up,and this sounds like the ultimate ESPN documentary. Behind the scenes at Duke this past year sounds like it was a soap opera for Scheyer.

OFC
I was thinking the same thing haha. It's a miracle Jon got this team to the elite eight. There was so much drama, and I'm sure we don't know all of it. I hope Flip's family can reconcile. I can't even imagine not talking to my dad and sister.

Last edited:
Lighten up Will,we're concerned about one of our own. This is a much publicized and novel situation. Folks arent going to muzzle.

OFC
I didn't mean to offend, Hart. It's just that Flip possibly knows as much about his relationships as we do. Several have mentioned the "toxic" girlfriend, but I can tell you from a combined eighty years of experience in the mental health field, between me and my wife, that there are such things as "toxic" family relationships as well. And, like all of you, I hope the best for "one of our own."
OFC

The mom specifically mentioned that Kyle was still in high school when they started dating. She was 24. So yeah, gonna side with the family on this one. Sounds like she took advantage of him.

The mom specifically mentioned that Kyle was still in high school when they started dating. She was 24. So yeah, gonna side with the family on this one. Sounds like she took advantage of him.
My long-time hunting buddy's phrase for this: "another victim of the crease." Not the first. Certainly not the last.
OFC:)

• Haha
This coming out made me think of Mark's father's comments. About it not being a good environment for his son. Wonder if this factored in. How involved was she with the team? I know she relocated to the area. She strikes me as very helicoptery.

Last edited:
Man this is really bothering me because I’m pretty tech savvy but holding picture does absolutely nothing for me. I can click the 3 dots but all it does is bring up an option to insert links and shows what media is approved to be on this forum. Anyone else know why I can’t do what shey is trying to guide me through?
Ghost posted that iolivia. I have the same issue and I am not tech savvy at all.

• Sad
Reactions: ioliva
Call me crazy but shouldn’t the parents had put their foot down then ? When he was in high school dating an adult woman ?

Call me crazy but shouldn’t the parents had put their foot down then ? When he was in high school dating an adult woman ?
Apparently she re-entered his life when he turned 18. It seems very calculated. I hope Kyle gets away from this woman. They likely broke off family ties once he no longer lived at home. Kyle seemed very nervous on NBA interviews according to reports, so it doesn't sound like he is that comfortable with talking about it. If Kyle is happy then okay; but they seemed like a close knit family so breaking off all ties seems like a red flag to me. The brother also implied there is more to the story. Kyle certainly did not seem happy this past season. I imagine more of the story will come out soon.

Last edited:
Apparently she re-entered his life when he turned 18. It seems very calculated. I hope Kyle gets away from this woman. They likely broke off family ties once he no longer lived at home. Kyle seemed very nervous on NBA interviews according to reports, so it doesn't sound like he is that comfortable with talking about it. If Kyle is happy then okay; but they seemed like a close knit family so breaking off all ties seems like a red flag to me. The brother also implied there is more to the story. Kyle certainly did not seem happy this past season. I imagine more of the story will come out soon.
I know Tatum has already taken to his defense . It’s his life I hope he lives it to the best he wants . Maybe the kid simply did not want his personal buisness put out there .

There's lots of stuff in players' personal lives that bother me but I can't judge them because I don't know them or their families.

Players having babies out of wedlock with more than one partner. Players having things with women who obviously are in it for the fame. Players who have affairs with their teammates' girlfriends.

I'm an old guy and I don't understand any of this but I'm not going to judge what I don't understand.

I just read that. It's on X/twitter. This is getting ugly. Saying it was covered up and Duke did nothing to help Kyle. Not sure I agree, Kyle was 18 when he came to Duke. I mean, Daniel F. pretty much says Scheyer has burned down the program in 2 years.

Daniel flip just ripped scheyer on twitter Daniel flip
Pretty pathetic post from Daniel. Sounds like Daniel is pissed off and honking off at everyone who didn't do things his way. What is Scheyer supposed to do? Stop Kyle from dating someone Daniel doesn't like? Fix things for Daniel, the way Daniel wants?

Social media is not the place to be airing family grievances and Kyle is a big boy, he can make his own decisions.

Daniel is just coming off as a whiner who isn't getting his whopper, his way, now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT