ADVERTISEMENT

Kahlil Whitney leaving Kentucky

I haven't watched them play much this year, but I think he was starting to begin the year. I mean he was a top 15 recruit right?

Reactions: Quavarius
He was bringing nothing to the table, That doesn't mean a lot though, Nick Richards brought nothing for 2 years and this year the light bulb has clicked on. Whitney will be a good player for someone

Kind of a weird time for him to decide to leave now considering there’s only about a month and a half left in the regular season and a little over 2 months left in the season including the postseason.

Kind of a weird time for him to decide to leave now considering there’s only about a month and a half left in the regular season and a little over 2 months left in the season including the postseason.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking. The timing is odd. Wonder if there are other things going on?

Yeah that’s what I was thinking. The timing is odd. Wonder if there are other things going on?
Yeah ya can’t help but wonder if him deciding to leave now has to do with more than just lack of playing time because it seems like if he decided to leave because of lack of playing time then he would’ve left after the first semester so that he’d be eligible to play second semester of next season wherever he ends up transferring to if that’s what his plan is, now if he plans on entering the NBA Draft or just going to the G League or overseas then the timing of him leaving won’t matter.

The word is he's going back home to Chicago. DePaul or Illinois are in the running. It's coming down to assistants, Ron 'Chin' Coleman or Timmy Anderson to fight for Whitney.

UK was never a good fit/choice.

I don’t keep up with how Kentucky players do individually.. I see this kid was ranked 11th nationally out of high school.. why was he not able to produce? Is he just not as good as his ranking (i.e. Chase Jeter) or is it a personality thing (i.e. Taylor King)..

Tim Anderson was an assistant at Seton Hall when his dad Kelly played there and is now w DePaul. Kahlil played at Roselle Catholic in NJ but is from Chicago so that all kinda makes sense..on another note, does anyone remember his dad Kelly?? Had a good career at Hall but blew it off the court and did some time. Time flies when these guys start having kids playing college ball

Reactions: jamsession3
All the UK fans saying he’s just not good enough to play there. But say if AOC were to transfer from Duke they would all be saying how K pushed him out to make room for the next class. I can already see it. That is truly an idiotic fan base.

You know it. It’s always the kid fault when he doesn’t produce and then they give Cal all the credit when a top recruit does produce and star in the league.

Wouldn't be surprised to see hof coach roy williams petition the UNCNCAA to let him transfer to unc cheater u and be able to play as early as the NCSU under a new hardship rule for teams that are struggling . OFC

Reactions: FearTheBeard
And Zion is fat and won’t make it in the NBA.
That’s the stuff that makes me really laugh. They’ll be all over a recruit and talk about how he’s the best in the class and then as soon as he commits to Duke it’s “well he’s not that good anyway. He’s overrated”. Every year it happens

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
That’s the stuff that makes me really laugh. They’ll be all over a recruit and talk about how he’s the best in the class and then as soon as he commits to Duke it’s “well he’s not that good anyway. He’s overrated”. Every year it happens

They are doing that tonight about how bad their team is, and saying that next year is their strongest class in a long time, then other members are reminding that they said that abou this class last year!!

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

That’s how every fan base is lol.

As far as Whitney goes the kid was a freak athlete coming in to UK but just couldn’t seem to catch on. Maybe it was the speed of the game who knows. What I can say is he is a pretty good kid and even when his time went down on the court he was still up cheering on his teammates. Awesome kid and I hope he kills it no matter where he goes.

Luke Kennard would have never got off the bench at KY.Lucky for him he realized that he was not good enough to play there even though it broke his and his parents heart when he settled for us

Reactions: FearTheBeard
College basketball is so meh this year that i can’t even tell who is good.

Reactions: Mpm277
All the UK fans saying he’s just not good enough to play there. But say if AOC were to transfer from Duke they would all be saying how K pushed him out to make room for the next class. I can already see it. That is truly an idiotic fan base.
He is not producing right now, but kids develop at different paces. N Richards didn't do anything for 2 years but is now 1 of the most consistent players on the team. He will be fine!

that can’t be true because Kensucky doesn’t recruit over their players!!!!!
It is the nature of the beast UK is considered a OAD university. many kids see themselves as failures if they are not done in 1 year. TBF every coach would recruit over their players, or I haven't seen the coach that says, Joe I would love to have you on my team but you are too good and would take Jim's minutes, can't have that ;)

He is not producing right now, but kids develop at different paces. N Richards didn't do anything for 2 years but is now 1 of the most consistent players on the team. He will be fine!
I would like to believe you but it’s not encouraging to see that his production has actually declined each year since he was a freshman. I hope he figures it out though.

I would like to believe you but it’s not encouraging to see that his production has actually declined each year since he was a freshman. I hope he figures it out though.
I am not following you. If you are talking about Whitney, he is a freshmen. If you are talking about N Richards that is not even debatable he has improved leaps and bounds

I am not following you. If you are talking about Whitney, he is a freshmen. If you are talking about N Richards that is not even debatable he has improved leaps and bounds
Lol my bad. I thought you were trying to say AOC would be fine. But yeah Whitney has a lot of potential and he’ll put it together eventually.

Reactions: JC CATS
College basketball is so meh this year that i can’t even tell who is good.
This is so true. I don't know if it's Zion hangover or what, but man i just haven't been this disinterested in years and years. Still follow the teams and watch the games, but man it isn't the same this year. To be fair, I have a way more going on right now in my life than usual so I'm sure that's a big factor as well.

i really thought Maxey would be a lot more productive, and he has had some great games. I guess maybe I should have said I thought he would be more consistent. He has some serious talent, but sometimes just doesn’t seem to be there. Every team has those I guess from time to time

Reactions: JC CATS
UK fans when a guy leaves UK: "Kid just couldn't cut it for Cal, Cal demands a lot, hope he doesn't come back to beat us in the future."

UK fans when a guy leaves Duke: "Here we go, that Rat-Face recruited over someone again! Why would anyone ever go to that sissy program, K's word means nothing, he will lie right to their face."

i really thought Maxey would be a lot more productive, and he has had some great games. I guess maybe I should have said I thought he would be more consistent. He has some serious talent, but sometimes just doesn’t seem to be there. Every team has those I guess from time to time
I am with you. Seems like he shows up for big games MSU, UL, etc, but isn't they for Alabama etc.

Reactions: DukefanKY
That’s how every fan base is lol.

As far as Whitney goes the kid was a freak athlete coming in to UK but just couldn’t seem to catch on. Maybe it was the speed of the game who knows. What I can say is he is a pretty good kid and even when his time went down on the court he was still up cheering on his teammates. Awesome kid and I hope he kills it no matter where he goes.
Just because he is a freak athlete doesnt always translate to being a fundamentally sound basketball player. He probably coasted on talent and when he met up with similar athletes, he didn't have the fundamentals to succeed. He wasn't the first and wont be the last.

Reactions: Scotty00
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT