ADVERTISEMENT

Just Zion

Wifey got me two tickets in SF for Pelicans/Warriors for my birthday. Now that's a good present.
Zion could beat the Warriors single handedly. Lol I kid I kid, but the Warriors are so bad this year due to all the injuries. Once they get Curry and Thompson back to go along with Wiggins, they will be back in the mix next year.

Zion could beat the Warriors single handedly. Lol I kid I kid, but the Warriors are so bad this year due to all the injuries. Once they get Curry and Thompson back to go along with Wiggins, they will be back in the mix next year.
They should get a top ten draft pick too

Reactions: sheyduke
They should get a top ten draft pick too
That too. I forgot about that! They could maybe get Cole Anthony and call themselves the splash amigos, because with a rookie Cole Anthony in that line up nobody will be beating the Warriors next season. I would even go a step further and say that Cole is already better than Stephen Curry:D

What’s a good comparison playing in the NBA right now? I know, nobody’s close, we’ve never seen a player like him, so don’t come at me with the bs, but just for fun id say Giannis.

Hahahaha. I get to see my (non-Dukie) friend tonight who continues to say Zion will not translate in the NBA and will be a bench player at best. Meanwhile Zion posts bigger and bigger numbers. Silly haters, always gonna hate even when faced with facts.

Reactions: Quavarius
Hahahaha. I get to see my (non-Dukie) friend tonight who continues to say Zion will not translate in the NBA and will be a bench player at best. Meanwhile Zion posts bigger and bigger numbers. Silly haters, always gonna hate even when faced with facts.
Like even though Matthew Hurt didn’t even touch the guy as the video evidence proved wasn’t even close, they still claim that we got away with one? Those kinds of ignored facts?

Reactions: AlanInNJ
I keep going back to the week of his announcement, all the factors that led him to change his mind on Clemson, UNC, etc. RJ's influence, the Coach K effect, the Brotherhood. Man we won the darn lottery there. Now all of Zion's future awesomeness will evoke images of the Duke brand. Zion will be at our games sometimes. He can recruit for us. Just an amazing turn of events.

We may have finally gotten our Jordan.

I keep going back to the week of his announcement, all the factors that led him to change his mind on Clemson, UNC, etc. RJ's influence, the Coach K effect, the Brotherhood. Man we won the darn lottery there. Now all of Zion's future awesomeness will evoke images of the Duke brand. Zion will be at our games sometimes. He can recruit for us. Just an amazing turn of events.

We may have finally gotten our Jordan.
I still think we got our Jordan a long time ago: Cherokee Parks.

Reactions: DukeDenver
Alone is worth getting NBA pass. So much fun to watch.

He is killing it tonight vs Portland:

31 points
9 rebounds
5 assists
11-14 ft

Several Highlight dunks and a couple real nice assists...almost impossible to guard.

Go Zion!!!

Totally agree!

Zion alone (and well Duke South) has made me an NBA fan this year. I bought the league pass just for the Pelicans once Zion returned and it was only $60. Worth the money with as many NBA games there are. To see him, JJ, Frank, Brandon, and Jahlil on the same team is awesome.

Even convinced the wife on a possible trip down to NOLA to see them play maybe in early April.

Is there a certain amount of games he has to play to be considered for ROY?

Man I just want him to have a long and healthy career so bad.

Him and Morant are so good for the NBA. Both appear to be great and down to earth kids who just want to go out and play and have fun. Think the NBA has found their superstars for the future.

Reactions: Mpm277
Good interview by Stephen A. On the subject. I think a player is INELIGIBLE once he plays 82 games so Zion could win but may be difficult. I like Ja but Zion is on a different level all things considered imho.

How much friggin attention do you want Little to get?! Didnt Gary Trent just give him a Duke Hoodie? Seems to me, he is getting more attention than he deserves

Last edited:
“My momma said” If the pelicans make the playoffs Zion will win it.

Zion Watch:

Oklahoma City Thunder @ NO pelicans tonight at 8PM.

Fox Sports New Orleans

NO (22-31) is 0-3 against OKC (32-23) this seasons. This will be the Pelicans first game vs OKC with Zion.

NO is -2.5.

Go Pelicans!

Reactions: jwill133
If this was an average rookie class, Zion probably could win rookie of the year playing 35 or so games, he's that dominant.

However, this class is special, and Ja Morant is super special. He's leading the Memphis Blue Devils to the playoffs in the West, no one thought Memphis had playoff hopes. Ja is gonna win this thing, no shame on Zion's part.

Zion and Ja are gonna be 2 of the main faces of the NBA for a very long time.

Zion at it again. 31 points in 27 min with a little over 5 min left and a 1 point lead over OKC.

Reactions: skysdad
Zion getting off again. 31 points with the Pelicans leading the Thunder by 1 with about 6 minutes left in the game. JJ has 18. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT