ADVERTISEMENT

Just crazy...and sad

Yes but I think with the schools paying it will be more of a contract with stipulations. Next up you’ll have professional teams having to buy out players contracts in order to draft them . This is a joke as a whole . I agree players should be compensated. However some are going to be making more than bench players in professional sports .

I knew when the NIL began it was coming with 'extras'. Welcome to 2024. I'm very concern if checks and balances will make sense, even exist. HS rankings will be compromised soon.

Reactions: sheyduke
Money is the root of all evil....and as soon as it hit College sports that was the end of a good thing. What a shame...I think the unintended consequences of the whole "pay the players" movement will be to kill the golden goose. I hope I'm wrong.

College sports have one foot in the grave, and the other on a banana peel. NIL may keep a player or two at a college, but the negatives that come with this far outweigh any positive.

Like @denverexpat said, money is the root of all evil.

Last edited:
Reactions: hart2chesson
Before NIL, we know players were probably getting paid under the table, been given $200 handshakes, and given passes in class. But now? College sports have one foot in the grave, and the other on a banana peel.

NIL may keep a player or two at a college, but the negatives that come with this far outweigh any positive.

Like @denverexpat said, money is the root of all evil.
They have been "getting passes in class" in AFAM, and illegal admission at Unc before turn of century. The "$200 handshakes" are a tick on the rump to Rams Clubbers. OFC

I wonder if there will soon be bidding wars for high school recruits. Or NIL for high school sports. Doubtful as the revenue isn't there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT