ADVERTISEMENT

Jaylen Blakes commits

Nice pick up. Won't give us as much as Goldwire would have this year but a nice piece for the future. Welcome. We now have someone at every position in this class if you include Theo.

Last edited:
Reactions: hart2chesson
Hope he takes his ranking personally and plays with a chip on his shoulder! Welcome young man.

Hope he will be here 4 years. Perhaps start in years 3 and 4. Maybe a senior captain?

Game
Why is this kid ranked so low? I’ve heard and read a lot of positive things about him. Apparently he can ball
My guess based on clips is he's good but doesn't really have an elite skill. No knock he looks like a really good solid guard. Multiyear guy if he is willing to wait his turn. Probably underrated.

Last edited:
Let me be the first. I think he’ll transfer.

Much too early too call that . I will have to observe his body his body language both on the court, on the bench and warm ups. That's the only way we are gonna know about any potential transfer. Say if Banchero does a massive 360 dunk over bacot or Mark Williams blocks a caleb love shot into the upper deck at Cameron and he or anyone else on the bench just clapps and doesn't flip off the bench or try to hold the whole bench back or picks up Coach K with a lot of emotion they are gone. That's the only way we are gonna know if he transfers. We should know by the 1st conference game. :) OFC

Great pick up. Hope this kid develops and eventually gets his shot at contributing.

I hope he doesn’t have a 20 pt scoring game next season cause he’ll probably declare for the draft

Solid build, 6'8" wingspan, solid perimeter shot, tough on D, loves playing D and was one of his HS coach's all time favorite players. Multi year starter for Blair Academy, scored 27 in state championship as a junior.
This kid has underrated written all over him. Let's hope he is Jose Alvarado part 2.

He's already got better NBA measurables than Steward. He's a nice pick up but we might want to pump the brakes a little ha. They are all underrated when we get them. This kid look like he might be though.

Last edited:
Reactions: timritterus
Welcome to the Brotherhood! I personally hope this kid balls out and surprises some folks.

I'm sure his ranking will improve based on his signing with Duke.

I like the way Coach K has constructed this team. A month ago I wouldn't have guessed he would be able to put the pieces together so nicely.

Reactions: christophero
Nice pick up. Won't give us as much as Goldwire would have this year but a nice piece for the future. Welcome. We now have someone at every position in this class if you include Theo.
Do not agree at all that Goldwire would have given us more this year than Blakes is capable of giving. Goldwire was a defensive pest only. He was a below average distributor and shooter. I do not expect to see him doing a lot at Oklahoma. Had he stayed, Goldwire would definitely have been behind Blakes by the time we reached the ACC schedule. Very glad and relieved to get Blakes. OFC

Do not agree at all that Goldwire would have given us more this year than Blakes is capable of giving. Goldwire was a defensive pest only. He was a below average distributor and shooter. I do not expect to see him doing a lot at Oklahoma. Had he stayed, Goldwire would definitely have been behind Blakes by the time we reached the ACC schedule. Very glad and relieved to get Blakes. OFC
probably wouldn't have Blakes if Goldy was still here...i think Blakes has a higher upside...we'll see

If he is athletic as Nelson, he is way underrated. Hopefully, he is one of those team first, unselfish, no flash kind of guys who go underrated and dont look as good on the travel circuit.

He's out of the top 100 for a reason. Great pick up for the future; but we should expect too much right away. Maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised. At least he won't be expected to do too much.

Reactions: jnastasi

It’s absolutely absurd to think a first team all acc defensive guard would be behind a true freshman non top 100 guard. 4 assists per game was very respectable. I don’t get all the hate for Jordan. Guess people don’t realize he wasn’t even nationally rated coming out of hs. We lost a really important piece in challenging for an ncaa title.

Reactions: sheyduke
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT