ADVERTISEMENT

HUGE admission from UNC's Justin Jackson

I give him credit for speaking the truth. It was a classy thing to do. Jackson receiving the honor underscores UNC's dominance in the ACC media corps, particularly in the state of NC.....

OFC

I like Justin Jackson he seems like a good kid. Was he the most deserving - I do not know. My homerism is inclined to pick Luke.

But the kid was hugely important on a Championship team.

Reactions: Dattier and Mac9192
I give him credit for speaking the truth. It was a classy thing to do. Jackson receiving the honor underscores UNC's dominance in the ACC media corps, particularly in the state of NC.....

OFC

Their fans seem to not get that HUGE advantage they have when it comes to the media in NC/ACC. K hasn't won COY in 17 years. I think he's won it only 5 times and Dean won it 8 times.

Can someone provide the final vote tally and the stats for both Jackson/Kennard

Can someone provide the final vote tally and the stats for both Jackson/Kennard
Stats were much closer than the vote tally if I remember correctly. What was more outrageous was how far Luke was from winning, not the fact he didn't win.

I may be getting some things confused but If I remember right, Luke didn't even finish second and he also did not receive a vote....

Right??

Stats were much closer than the vote tally if I remember correctly. What was more outrageous was how far Luke was from winning, not the fact he didn't win.
That was my biggest issue. It wasn't so much that Luke didn't win as it was that the voting was so onesided with JJ winning in a landslide. I can't remember for sure exactly how many votes Luke received but I want to say that it was somewhere around like only 4-6 votes.

From the article posted:
"Jackson received 24 of a possible 53 votes from ACC coaches and media members to win, well ahead of Wake Forest forward John Collins (15). Kennard was fourth, receiving five votes."

Reactions: Quavarius
From the article posted:
"Jackson received 24 of a possible 53 votes from ACC coaches and media members to win, well ahead of Wake Forest forward John Collins (15). Kennard was fourth, receiving five votes."

Thanks. I just skimmed the headlines

Justin Jackson is a pretty good kid. I thought Luke very well could have won it as well, but I'll never pretend Jackson wasn't deserving. He was the best player on the best team. Like it or not, that will always carry some weight.

I don't think anyone should go as far as "Luke definitely deserved it".

It could have been any of the Jackson, Collins, and Kennard group.

I think Jackson was deserving, but there is no question there is some UNC bias in the traditional ACC media. Once upon a time Shane Battier had to share the award with Joe Forte for God's sake.

I think Jackson was deserving, but there is no question there is some UNC bias in the traditional ACC media. Once upon a time Shane Battier had to share the award with Joe Forte for God's sake.

Exactly.....

OFC

Justin Jackson is a pretty good kid. I thought Luke very well could have won it as well, but I'll never pretend Jackson wasn't deserving. He was the best player on the best team. Like it or not, that will always carry some weight.

True and the year green won it for va tech was a complete joke too

Reactions: hart2chesson
I thought the admission would be that he's 1. A closet Duke fan or 2. He didn't attend classes while at UNC or 3. Both 1 and 2

Reactions: hart2chesson
Really hard not to like Jackson.

While you never totally forget about the rivalry, you just find it impossible to not wish this kind of young man well regardless of the jersey he wears.

Really hard not to like Jackson.

While you never totally forget about the rivalry, you just find it impossible to not wish this kind of young man well regardless of the jersey he wears.
I think the kid is genuinely a nice guy. And, I like him a lot better now that he is not at UNC. I think his comment and Luke's reply show a lot of humility and maturity on their part. Certainly more than I displayed at their age.

Reactions: Mac9192 and Dattier
I was talking to a buddy of mine last night that's a UNC fan and I asked him if he had heard about Jackson's tweet and he said he had and he said he agreed with Jackson's tweet then I asked him who he thought should've won and he said he thought Luke should've won it which didn't really surprise me too much ecause he's one of the rare UNC fans that you can have a rational conversation with as a Duke fan.

I was talking to a buddy of mine last night that's a UNC fan and I asked him if he had heard about Jackson's tweet and he said he had and he said he agreed with Jackson's tweet then I asked him who he thought should've won and he said he thought Luke should've won it which didn't really surprise me too much ecause he's one of the rare UNC fans that you can have a rational conversation with as a Duke fan.
I honestly didn't think one existed. I have never met one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT