ADVERTISEMENT

Fellow Braves Fans.....

Braves bullpen scares me for this postseason!
And it continued to falter @ the Marlins this weekend. Frankly was not surprised after clinching the East to see our implosion. The letdown was bound to happen.

However, the pen and our starting pitching staff better sharpen up. Some guys may endanger their status for the playoffs.

Also, losing can become a nasty habit, and I would hate to see us stagger into the playoffs. Here's the scary part: With our three game slide this weekend, the Dodgers swept Seattle. They're only 4.5 games behind us for best record in NL.Best record gives you home field advantage THROUGHOUT NLCS.

OFC

Reactions: BOOGIEMAN1914
skid over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And lost a heartbreaker yesterday. Fortunately the Dodgers lost, and we kept a three game lead for home field in NLCS.

However, we have lost five out of our last six. The Phillies took two out of three from us, and we will probably see them again in playoffs. Is our BEST BASEBALL behind us this year, or do we flip the power switch on in October??? OFC

Reactions: BOOGIEMAN1914
And lost a heartbreaker yesterday. Fortunately the Dodgers lost, and we kept a three game lead for home field in NLCS.

However, we have lost five out of our last six. The Phillies took two out of three from us, and we will probably see them again in playoffs. Is our BEST BASEBALL behind us this year, or do we flip the power switch on in October??? OFC
Sounds o too familiar to duke for my liking

• Wow
Reactions: hart2chesson
Sounds o too familiar to duke for my liking
We'll see ipster. I don't want to go staggering into the playoffs. I am not sure we can flip the switch again.

I have lost confidence in Morton and Elder. I feel we can only count on Fried and Strider in starting rotation. Maybe Charlie can put it together for the playoffs. One last go around as he turns 40 soon. OFC

Vegas still has the Braves as a pretty solid favorite. That tells me there is nothing going on that lowers their confidence and who knows more than them? With that said, GO BRAVOS!!!!

We'll see ipster. I don't want to go staggering into the playoffs. I am not sure we can flip the switch again.

I have lost confidence in Morton and Elder. I feel we can only count on Fried and Strider in starting rotation. Maybe Charlie can put it together for the playoffs. One last go around as he turns 40 soon. OFC
I got confidence in Morton strider and max. I have absolutely no confidence in our bullpen! 0. For a couple years now, yea our STATS say “we have one of the top bullpens” But if you’ve actually watched the games, you can’t possibly think that. It’s OK. But it’s finger nail biting after finger nail biting over and over again , with a lot of luck, here and there, in my eyes anyway.

If this team had a weakness, its the bullpen. In the lineup, maybe speed, mid of the lineup, double play candidates.. But hey this years been awesome. I’m enjoying every bit of it. I’m nit picking.

If this team had a weakness, its the bullpen. In the lineup, maybe speed, mid of the lineup, double play candidates.. But hey this years been awesome. I’m enjoying every bit of it. I’m nit picking.
It's been truly a REMARKABLE YEAR, and I am not shoveling dirt on my guys yet. We enjoy a terrific line-up with NO EASY OUTS, and that gives us a chance to win ANY GAME even if we're down 5-zip! Nice to get back in the WIN column last nite, 10-3 over the Nationals.

Olson went long for #53, and Ozzie hit one out as well. Fried was Fried: Seven k's in six innings, 3 hits, One ER. and only One BB. As Boog said, "Flip The Switch!!!" OFC

Well a costly 9-6 win over the Nats. Super happy for Acuna on his 40th dinger, but starting pitcher Charlie Morton left after ONE INNING. The diagnosis was right index finger pain.

Hmmm. This comes on the heels of news before the game, starting ace MAX FRIED is on the IL for two weeks with a blister on his left hand. Suddenly, we're down to two legit starting pitchers. Not good with the Phillies likely looming in the playoffs.

Split yesterday and we won our 100th game! Anybody here think they can pitch? Somehow we have to come up with a makeshift rotation for the NLDS. Morton is out, but hopefully Fried is ready. OFC

Split yesterday and we won our 100th game! Anybody here think they can pitch? Somehow we have to come up with a makeshift rotation for the NLDS. Morton is out, but hopefully Fried is ready. OFC
There are so many days off in the NLDS. If Fried is healthy, IF, then him and Strider could both pitch twice in that series. I’d feel comfortable with that.

There are so many days off in the NLDS. If Fried is healthy, IF, then him and Strider could both pitch twice in that series. I’d feel comfortable with that.
I would feel VERY "comfortable" with that scenario 937. I hope also Elder can come up with a quality start in the NLDS. I have a feeling it's going to be the Phillies, and we'll need all the starting pitching we can get.

Also, no nites off for our bats, especially if we are up against Philadelphia. OFC

Reactions: Duke937
I know this Braves team has a flair for the dramatic, and seems to love coming from behind to win. However I would love to see us jump on the DESPICABLE Phillies early tonite, and coast behind Spencer Strider on the hill!!!

OFC

I really don't understand the batting order change. Snit swapped Riley and Albies. It may seem like a minor thing, "but if it ain't broke..."

GAME TWO becomes a MUST WIN or we're toast. If Braves lose this series to Philly, does Snit become Bobby Cox II???? One career WS win and multiples of NL EAST flags only with awesome talent??? OFC

I think this is our 4th postseason series against the Phillies and we've never won a series in the playoffs when matched up with them.

Yeaaaaa hart, I don’t much get tinkering with a damn thing, with arguably one of the best lineups of all time in the regular season. I think he over thought it. Have we even had a donut this season? A shut out? We didn’t bring the intensity either. There looked to be a whole lot of nonchalantness. Greedy at bats . They better get their heads out of their ass, because the Phillies are not playing around!

Yeaaaaa hart, I don’t much get tinkering with a damn thing, with arguably one of the best lineups of all time in the regular season. I think he over thought it. Have we even had a donut this season? A shut out? We didn’t bring the intensity either. There looked to be a whole lot of nonchalantness. Greedy at bats . They better get their heads out of their ass, because the Phillies are not playing around!
Definitely a case of "overthinking" ipster. The thing is, will Snit go back to our regular batting order tonite? He can be STUBBORN AS HELL!!

Your analysis looks to be spot on, as Harper, Turner and those guys are playing for keeps. I feel confident in Max tonite. I think our ability to hit will decide the game.

OFC

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Making it even more of an odd move, is the fact that Ozzie absolutely KILLS left handed pitching. He doesn’t get many opportunities from the right side of the plate. Why are you moving him down in the order now? Against a damn lefty?!
Amen 937!! Thank you!! "Ozzie absolutely KILLS left handed pitching." His eyes light up when he sees the lefties, since he hits for better power and average from the RIGHT side of dish!! Coaches are so into analytics, and Snitker is "out in left field" (bad pun intended),on this one. OFC

I blame snit. You tinker with the lineup after a week layoff. If we lose this game, and miraculously win 3 straight, that’ll take so much out of us for the Dodgers, and I don’t feel good about that either. We got to win this !

We just look like absolute horse! I mean lazy approach by Michael Harris to 2nd in the first inning, lazy throw home in the 5th. Acuna misjudging the ball. All followed by home run swing after home run swing throughout the lineup . I saw 1 player choke up on the bat , and that was Olsen. I’m going to bed, done pissed me off.

I’m really glad Duke basketball is almost here to help ease this. It’s not over yet, but boy are they playing like it is. Still trying to have some faith over here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT