ADVERTISEMENT

Fellow Braves Fans.....

Three game series for our boys vs the Cubs at Wrigley begins this afternoon. First pitch for all three games is 2:20 EST.

Today marks the return of Braves ace starter Max Fried. Seems his first start in FOREVER!! Good luck Max!! OFC

Reactions: smashmouth5
boom smile GIF

Welcome back Maximus.
Russell Crowe Gladiator GIF by MOODMAN
Getting Max back is better than any pitcher that was available at the trade deadline. What an addition to the best team in baseball.
Guys did Fried look good or what??? Getting Max back with this lineup, and current pitching staff (good not great), should hopefully carry us a LONG WAY!! OFC

Well this was a day for Dansby and the Cubs. You could almost feel it after the embarrassment we laid on him and his new team yesterday. Swanson hit a mammoth shot into the left- center bleachers in the 1st, staking the Cubbies to a 4-0 lead. Another Cub went long, and suddenly it was 5-0.

Still in typical Braves fashion, we battled back. Final was 8-6 Chicago. I would love to win the finale in Wrigley tomorrow. OFC

Strider hopefully stops the bleeding tonite in Pittsburgh, after losing 2 of 3 in Chicago. Top 3rd, 0-0.

OFC

Meh. Lost to Pirates 7-5, Strider blew up in 3rd and thankfully got yanked. In fact Braves got down 6-zip. Of course we came back,made a game of it and squandered chances to go ahead. Pittsburgh prevailed, 7-6. NL EAST lead down to an even 10 games over Philly.

Game 2 tonite in the Steel City, and we can tie our longest losing streak at 4 (both since the All-Star break) with an L. We've really staggered around 2nd half @ 10-11. Sorry I know we're 70-40, but we don't need a total collapse...OFC

Reactions: BOOGIEMAN1914
Feel good comeback win 8-6 over Pirates last nite. Veteran Kevin Pillar delivered the game tying hit, and Orlando Arcia the game winning two run double. Nailbiter about to make this old fart keel over!!!! OFC

• Haha
And they returned the favor...lol
They sure did Boog, as our pitching continues to suck. Snit is leaving starters in too long! Only our hitting is keeping us in games!!

Well on to New York tonite and the despised Mets. They're having an awful year, but would love to bust our chops. Btw, Phillies have cut our lead to 9.5 games. OFC

Nothing better to come out if a mini slump then playing the Mets! Only team in history to get walked 9+ times and have 7+ hits and not score a run.

Who else but the Mets?!

Reactions: hart2chesson
Well we took three out of four from the Mets on the road. Nice comfort food. Blew an early 3-0 lead last nite on ESPN, and let them come back.

We made it close with a rally of our own, but still lost 7-6. Jury out on Chirinos as a starting pitcher. The pitching was much better in New York, but is still a concern.

I guess larger question is, Have the Braves played their best baseball this year? Can they dial it back to June once the playoffs begin? Let's hope we get that mojo back. Perhaps this comfortable lead has lulled us to sleep somewhat in the 2nd half, and we'll flip the switch again in October.

Yankees in town tonite, begins a three game series @ Truist. Side notes: Olson continues to pulverize the ball, 43 homers, 100+ ribbies, Riley having a great year (at bat and in field), theres not an easy out in our line-up.

OFC

Well we took three out of four from the Mets on the road. Nice comfort food. Blew an early 3-0 lead last nite on ESPN, and let them come back.

We made it close with a rally of our own, but still lost 7-6. Jury out on Chirinos as a starting pitcher. The pitching was much better in New York, but is still a concern.

I guess larger question is, Have the Braves played their best baseball this year? Can they dial it back to June once the playoffs begin? Let's hope we get that mojo back. Perhaps this comfortable lead has lulled us to sleep somewhat in the 2nd half, and we'll flip the switch again in October.

Yankees in town tonite, begins a three game series @ Truist. Side notes: Olson continues to pulverize the ball, 43 homers, 100+ ribbies, Riley having a great year (at bat and in field), theres not an easy out in our line-up.

OFC
I thought Chirinos was Ok....McHugh came in and just floundered imo...def need a starter maybe or just our guys back healthy...

I thought Chirinos was Ok....McHugh came in and just floundered imo...def need a starter maybe or just our guys back healthy...
I’d be willing to bet that Chirinos and McHugh both aren’t on the postseason roster. They’ve been rough. Honestly that’s the only 2 guys that when they’re on the mound I’m concerned with.

As for next year I don’t see Charlie coming back. Wright will be back, hopefully at 100% and back to his normal self. The 5th spot is up for grabs. A lot of good pitchers will be out there as free agents. Could go that route or stay in house and bring up Soroka or Aj.

A lot of money coming off the books this year. Plus they’ve said they want to increase payroll every year. Hopefully they extend Max first and foremost. Then find a LF.

I’d be willing to bet that Chirinos and McHugh both aren’t on the postseason roster. They’ve been rough. Honestly that’s the only 2 guys that when they’re on the mound I’m concerned with.

As for next year I don’t see Charlie coming back. Wright will be back, hopefully at 100% and back to his normal self. The 5th spot is up for grabs. A lot of good pitchers will be out there as free agents. Could go that route or stay in house and bring up Soroka or Aj.

A lot of money coming off the books this year. Plus they’ve said they want to increase payroll every year. Hopefully they extend Max first and foremost. Then find a LF.
Agree about Chirinos and McHugh

Good stuff Duke!! Soroka by the way, is killing it at Gwinnett, so hopefully he's just about ready!!

OFC

Nice workmanlike 5-0 whipping of the Yankees!! Get your brooms out boys as we go for the sweep tonite.

How 'bout Brice Elder finally reverting back to 1st half of season pitching form? Ha,ha- Phillies 12.5 games back!!! OFC

Chavez was throwing a bit from the mound b4 today's game...hopefully soon...holding on to this 2-0 for the sweep...bottom of the 8th, let's get some insurance

Growing up, the Yankees it seemed were always winning. My Braves were perennially awful. Took until my golden years but a SWEEP IS SWEET!!!!

OFC

Team Challenge GIF by CBS

Suddenly the Braves are a pitching juggernaut!!! Three shutout wins in a row for the first time in years. This is great, because our starting pitching outside of Fried and Strider has been well, meh.

4-0 win over Giants last nite at home (we did it w/o a long ball, surprise!!), and Strider whiffed 10 in seven innings of one hit ball!!! Bats have only been good for about a dozen or so runs (really low for us), last three games. They'll come back to life, no worries.

Important thing is tremendous outings this week, back-to-back, for Morton and Elder. Keep it up boys!!

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT