ADVERTISEMENT

Fellow Braves Fans.....

Now that's more like it!! We jumped on the Brewers early and held on with great bullpen work. Arcia went long, and Riley continued his sizzling tear with yet another dinger!!! 6-4 Braves, and 11.5 games up on the Phillies and Fish.

OFC

Well, unfortunately back to our staggering ways (3-5), since the All-Star break. Milwaukee nipped us 4-3 in Beer Town in a game with a raucous crowd and playoff feel.

Some young kid (Frelich????was that his name?) had the game of his life in his FIRST EVER MLB game. He had like 3 hits, the winning RBI, and robbed us of two extra base hits in RF. You couldn't help but feel happy for the guy, but honestly this was like, straight out of fiction!!

Good news?? Riley hit ANOTHER DINGER, that's six HRs in last five games!! Austin has homered in 5 straight games! Thanks Phillies,Fish: BOTH LOST, we stay 11.5 games up.

OFC

Reactions: smashmouth5
Well, unfortunately back to our staggering ways (3-5), since the All-Star break. Milwaukee nipped us 4-3 in Beer Town in a game with a raucous crowd and playoff feel.

Some young kid (Frelich????was that his name?) had the game of his life in his FIRST EVER MLB game. He had like 3 hits, the winning RBI, and robbed us of two extra base hits in RF. You couldn't help but feel happy for the guy, but honestly this was like, straight out of fiction!!

Good news?? Riley hit ANOTHER DINGER, that's six HRs in last five games!! Austin has homered in 5 straight games! Thanks Phillies,Fish: BOTH LOST, we stay 11.5 games up.

OFC
Kid couldn’t do anything wrong yesterday. Elder vs ex Brave Julio Tehran today. Hopefully Elder settles back in and they win the series.

Fun fact, Frelick’s sister Francesca is the catcher on the Duke women’s softball team.

Kid couldn’t do anything wrong yesterday. Elder vs ex Brave Julio Tehran today. Hopefully Elder settles back in and they win the series.

Fun fact, Frelick’s sister Francesca is the catcher on the Duke women’s softball team.
937, good call Elder pitched well and had too. Tehran pitched well also. However Ozzie had the decisive blow with the three run homer in the 8th. What a series, feels good to win two out of three in Beer Town!!

Yep smash, it's nice to get another arm as we start to gear up for the stretch run. Soroka has come SO FAR, but isn't quite there yet. We will see him again this year I feel sure!! OFC

Yep smash, it's nice to get another arm as we start to gear up for the stretch run. Soroka has come SO FAR, but isn't quite there yet. We will see him again this year I feel sure!! OFC
Can never have too many bullpen arms. Especially right now with all the injuries. The Hernandez kid that made his debut in the bullpen today looked terrific. Struck out the side.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Can never have too many bullpen arms. Especially right now with all the injuries. The Hernandez kid that made his debut in the bullpen today looked terrific. Struck out the side.
He sure did!!! Important sequence too! OFC

I’m not sure if it was the rain delay or what but they seem to just be going through the motions tonight. Have dropped some games against some teams that just aren’t on their level lately. I know it’s a long season and they can’t win them all, but man it’s been a struggle for them the last 10 days or so it seems. I’d love for a big trade for a starting pitcher or a left fielder to liven up the team a bit.

As a type that Joe Jimenez struck out the side. Glad he’s coming around lately. The bullpen needs that!

Good to see Smith-Shawver perform well. Loads of potential, and we probably rushed him up the ladder too quick initially. I was not familiar with De Aliva, and you can't have enough pitching! Hope the young man keeps it up!! OFC

Reactions: smashmouth5
I’m not sure if it was the rain delay or what but they seem to just be going through the motions tonight. Have dropped some games against some teams that just aren’t on their level lately. I know it’s a long season and they can’t win them all, but man it’s been a struggle for them the last 10 days or so it seems. I’d love for a big trade for a starting pitcher or a left fielder to liven up the team a bit.

As a type that Joe Jimenez struck out the side. Glad he’s coming around lately. The bullpen needs that!
937, agreed. I have noticed the inconsistency and lack of sharpness. I think this team has probably gotten a little too comfortable with the double digit games lead in the NL EAST.

As we all know it's somewhat of a natural trend in sports, but you don't want to see it the rest of the 2nd half. Braves are only 4-6 since All-Star Break. Frankly that sucks for the talent on this team. Bad habits become often ingrained, and we need to get back to work.

Last nite was more of same as you noted, a 7-1 hammering in Fenway. Charlie Morton looked bad on the hill, and we squandered early scoring opportunities. Still like @BOOGIEMAN1914 noted, we maintain the big lead in the division.

They ought to fire every one of these umpires . Been a while since I seen some bs like this in baseball.
Ipster, umps were awful. No excuses though. I think we got about as much as we put into it last nite, which was very little.

OFC

Ipster, umps were awful. No excuses though. I think we got about as much as we put into it last nite, which was very little.

OFC
Awful for both sides, but that 1st inning was big. We’re on cruise mode . I’d rather get back hot at the end of the year though!

Weirdly I like it though. Can’t nobody maintain the winning baseball mentality all through out 150 60 70 games, whatever it is , playing damn near every day, all across the country. And then keep it into the playoffs. There is a life outside of baseball too. And you’re asking for 11 or 12 guys ALL to have their mind right on any given night! Tough. I hear the “they’re making millions, they’re doing what they love to do and getting paid” And then I put myself in my own shoes and think of something I love to do, and some days, I don’t want to Fn go to the titty bar, and blow 1k dollars !!! Some days I just don’t feel like it 😂

• Haha
Weirdly I like it though. Can’t nobody maintain the winning baseball mentality all through out 150 60 70 games, whatever it is , playing damn near every day, all across the country. And then keep it into the playoffs. There is a life outside of baseball too. And you’re asking for 11 or 12 guys ALL to have their mind right on any given night! Tough. I hear the “they’re making millions, they’re doing what they love to do and getting paid” And then I put myself in my own shoes and think of something I love to do, and some days, I don’t want to Fn go to the titty bar, and blow 1k dollars !!! Some days I just don’t feel like it 😂
Ipster I hear you, they're not robots. However you have to love the competitive fires which burn inside a Spencer Strider. That guy gave it his awl last nite. You could see the self-punishment he experienced in the dugout last nite when the 2 run dinger put the Red Sox ahead to stay(Strider was no doubt blaming himself, and he pitched a helluva game).

Call me an old fart (which I am), but these guys should try carrying a lunch pail and working in intense summer heat. No excuse for not giving 100% for a few hours playing ball a nite/day (for millions $$$). Braves swept and outscored 12-4 in a hitters park over the 2 games in Fenway.

OFC

Reactions: IFaZe
Ipster I hear you, they're not robots. However you have to love the competitive fires which burn inside a Spencer Strider. That guy gave it his awl last nite. You could see the self-punishment he experienced in the dugout last nite when the 2 run dinger put the Red Sox ahead to stay(Strider was no doubt blaming himself, and he pitched a helluva game).

Call me an old fart (which I am), but these guys should try carrying a lunch pail and working in intense summer heat. No excuse for not giving 100% for a few hours playing ball a nite/day (for millions $$$). Braves swept and outscored 12-4 in a hitters park over the 2 games in Fenway.

OFC
I feel you. Spencer’s in his honeymoon faze of his career, and also an extremely rare player. Think he’s got the most Ks ever in a players first couple years, or some record. Also only plays once a week or so lol. I get it but yea. Mannnn if he ever can develop a pitch to get a ground ball he could become one of the GOAT!

I feel you. Spencer’s in his honeymoon faze of his career, and also an extremely rare player. Think he’s got the most Ks ever in a players first couple years, or some record. Also only plays once a week or so lol. I get it but yea. Mannnn if he ever can develop a pitch to get a ground ball he could become one of the GOAT!
Amen, spot on Ipster! Spencer needs a good change-up to go with fastball and slider. Yes, potentially could be ONE OF BEST!!

OFC

Braves cruise!!! 11-5 over Brewers, and go for sweep tomorrow. We hit Milwaukee for six in the first, and breezed. Ozuna hit two homers, Rosario and Acuna also hit blasts. Brice Elder gave up only one run in seven innings! Chop on, and bring brooms tomorrow! OFC

Beavis And Butthead Comedy GIF by Paramount+

Yeah sweep, but the bullpen, geesh
Boog, hopefully we bring a solid arm in right here at the deadline!!! Bats are back, 29 runs in the three games this weekend.

I concede the bullpen, other than Iglesias, Jimenez- pretty much sucks right now. Minter, Chavez, and Anderson on IL, Matzek's been out entire year! Watch for a big trade or two next 24 hours! OFC

Reactions: BOOGIEMAN1914
Braves bats silenced (outside of an Olson HR) to 4 hits by Angels pitching. They were definitely the better team last nite, beating us 4-1 @ Truist.

Trade deadline is at 6pm EST today. Going to be an interesting day. OFC

Got em back tonight...Money Mike with two solo shots and Arcia w/ a 2 Run bomb....Strider was Strider...Braves win 5-1

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT