ADVERTISEMENT

Fellow Braves Fans.....

We lost. We have to lose SOMETIME. Still 57-28, eight games up on Fish. Let's start another streak tonite, and take two out of three from Cleveland. OFC
Hit the ball hard last night....just kept hitting them at people. How about Kolby Allard? Last 2 starts has shown why he was a 1st round pick.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Hit the ball hard last night....just kept hitting them at people. How about Kolby Allard? Last 2 starts has shown why he was a 1st round pick.
He's definitely looked promising.We did hit the ball well. I never think this team is out of a game. Something how we're even stronger without Freddie and Dansby,(At least W-L % at this stage of season).OFC

Reactions: smashmouth5
Shook it off and had 18 hits. Did I see the Braves now have an 8 game lead on the NL?
Looked good, jumped on Cleveland's arse early with a four run first inning!! Yes eight games up- should be more, but Fish are doing well. (Too bad, they're swimming upstream). OFC

I hate games on Apple TV. This guy just said the Braves didn't know what they were getting with Sean Murphy. Yep, the best GM in baseball was just throwing darts at a wall when he traded for him and gave him a long contract. C'mon Man.

I hate games on Apple TV. This guy just said the Braves didn't know what they were getting with Sean Murphy. Yep, the best GM in baseball was just throwing darts at a wall when he traded for him and gave him a long contract. C'mon Man.
That's pretty pitiful!!! I ended up listening on Braves radio. Play by play guy Ben Ingram paints a picture.

Unusual game for us. We don't play many 2-1 contests. Charlie Morton pitched a gem, and Iglesias got the save. Murphy, who you touched on earlier, was the man of the hour. He launched a two run bomb into the RF seats in the 4th. OFC

Braves open 2nd half with glorious 9-0 whitewash of White Sox. Matt Olson slams 30th HR (GRANNY), Charlie Morton pitched a gem AND the Fish, Phillies and lowly Mets ALL LOST!!! OFC

Well you guys probably saw some of the game(FOX SPORTS). Sloppy outfield play, missed scoring opportunities, and subpar pitching all contributed to the Braves 6-5 loss.

The White Sox are only fair this season, but give any team enough chances....Spencer Strider, our resident fireballer, got dinged around, and Eddie Rosario played like a comedy show in LF.

Still, down 6-4 in the 9th, Acuna led off with a HR. Base hits put runners at 1st and 3rd with only one out, and our boys down one. Sean Murphy grounded into a double play and the Braves lost a heartbreaker!! First loss at home in over a month. Still, a win today and we take the three game series! OFC

We played like a dog today. Just showed up. Hard to believe White Sox are well under .500. Anyway got waxed at home 8-1. Glad we're off tomorrow, maybe we get this out of our system. We had won like 11 series in a row prior to now, so hopefully I am being overly concerned.

Still, the 2nd half just started, and it's a long season. Austin Riley continues to disappoint at the plate, and is getting hammered on social media. OFC

Ya we haven't been blown out lately or much at all this season

Braves setup pitching to matchup well against the Dbacks this series coming up.

We have a number of Bullpen guys returning soon but I still think our major deadline deal is Pen arm. And I would be okay with it being for Grissom.

Fried seems to be treated with major care, won't see til August. Wright is 50/50 I think outside chance he might return as October pen arm. Walker of LAD is rumored to be willing to do the same coming off injury.

But forced to predict right now - I think Wright's season is over

We have a number of Bullpen guys returning soon but I still think our major deadline deal is Pen arm. And I would be okay with it being for Grissom.

Fried seems to be treated with major care, won't see til August. Wright is 50/50 I think outside chance he might return as October pen arm. Walker of LAD is rumored to be willing to do the same coming off injury.

Good post double A. I agree, I will be shocked if we see Wright again. Chavez was pitching pretty well out of the pen this year until injury. He's been out so long I question his ability to bounce back well.

Unfortunately we're two more down in relievers with Minter and Nick Anderson. Grissom does serve as solid trade bait with his youth. Let's pull that trigger and shore up the 'pen!

OFC

Reactions: Alaskan_Assassin_21
Good post double A. I agree, I will be shocked if we see Wright again. Chavez was pitching pretty well out of the pen this year until injury. He's been out so long I question his ability to bounce back well.

Unfortunately we're two more down in relievers with Minter and Nick Anderson. Grissom does serve as solid trade bait with his youth. Let's pull that trigger and shore up the 'pen!

OFC

Jackson Stephens is doing rehab assignment. He'll be in the mix.

Recent telecast the field reporter stated Chavez rates himself 85% back.

Yah recent success by SS Shewmake makes Grissom expandable. Is it worth spending the year training him a new position? I think cut bait now. Braves have good trade reputation with the success of Contreras and KC's Waters.

I think it's easier to acquire an elite 8th inning arm than it is rolling the dice on another Hamels/Smyly back end starter.

Soroka is interesting. So Ian Anderson returns in 2024. I think we are open to also dealing one of these young arms. Brutal meltdown by Allard recently in that regard.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Jackson Stephens is doing rehab assignment. He'll be in the mix.

Recent telecast the field reporter stated Chavez rates himself 85% back.

Yah recent success by SS Shewmake makes Grissom expandable. Is it worth spending the year training him a new position? I think cut bait now. Braves have good trade reputation with the success of Contreras and KC's Waters.

I think it's easier to acquire an elite 8th inning arm than it is rolling the dice on another Hamels/Smyly back end starter.

Soroka is interesting. So Ian Anderson returns in 2024. I think we are open to also dealing one of these young arms. Brutal meltdown by Allard recently in that regard.
Hadn't checked Shewmake's numbers lately! Will have to do so. I am all in for trading Grissom for a solid arm in the crucial stretch run/playoffs! OFC

Well that's three straight losses. The Phillies leapfrogged the Marlins last nite, and are 2nd now- 9.5 games back. That's not an insurmountable deficit with two and a half months to go. Harper and Philly does scare me.

We hit the ball QUITE WELL last nite. You expect to win when you score 13 runs. It was GREAT to see Austin Riley break out of his hitting slump.

However both teams pitching was awful and we finally ended up losing 16-13 to Arizona in a seesaw affair. Injuries to our pitching staff are piling up, sloppy fielding continues, and I just hope this three game losing streak doesn't spiral out of control. D'backs in Atlanta again tonite, 7:20 first pitch.

OFC

I’m glad the trade deadline is 2 weeks away. They absolutely have to get a bullpen piece or 2. And with how the starters are going, maybe a backend starter as well. I was concerned, even prior to last night, that Elder would fatigue in the playoffs. It happens to a lot of young guys. If they could pick up another starter it would help him maybe get some rest.

There are lots of options available. And I think we have talent that’s just on the cusp of being MLB ready.

I’m glad the trade deadline is 2 weeks away. They absolutely have to get a bullpen piece or 2. And with how the starters are going, maybe a backend starter as well. I was concerned, even prior to last night, that Elder would fatigue in the playoffs. It happens to a lot of young guys. If they could pick up another starter it would help him maybe get some rest.

There are lots of options available. And I think we have talent that’s just on the cusp of being MLB ready.
Man I couldn't agree with you more 937, about a key bullpen pitcher and/or starter acquired in a trade. We do have some trade bait in the parent club and Gwinnett! OFC

Another loss.....it's becoming habit at four in a row. Too much talent on this team to only get 4 hits(Riley and Ozuna did go yard).

Braves are really lucky. Phillies and Marlins continue to lose, so 9.5 game lead remains intact. Feels strange to say Braves OPPONENT goes for the sweep today. However, Arizona will bring the broom.Afternoon game in Atlanta.

OFC

Reactions: BOOGIEMAN1914
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT