ADVERTISEMENT

Fellow Braves Fans.....

I didn't double check, but I think that I'm correct. The Braves were 2-11 in the first 13 games started by the 5th starter. Since then, they are 9-4 in the games started by the 5th starter. Mostly Strider but also Odorrizi and Elder

Reactions: hart2chesson
Who wins the division in a tie? I’m 90% sure I heard there’s an odd number of games and it couldn’t but I’m not 100
It's all about tiebreakers in MLB now, just like in the NFL. It appears that the Braves play the Mets 19 times this season . And if I added correctly, the Mets lead the series 9-7. The Braves would have to sweep the mets all three games in Atlanta at the end of the month to earn the tie-breaker, 10 games to 9..

If somehow I added incorrectly, the second tie-breaker is intra-division record. That would be bad because the mets have owned the nationals, Marlins and Phillies this year

I just went to the ESPN schedule grid. We do play each team in the division 19 times and the mets do lead 9-7.

Intra division won't matter, but the mets are 44-20 and the Braves are 34-22. The difference is the mets are 14-5 against the Phillies and the Braves are only 6-6 against the Phillies

Screenshot-20220904-100256-Chrome.jpg

Braves UP 2-0 in rain delay
Mets DOWN 1-7

Deficit currently 2.0

Fried pitched 5 innings of no-hit baseball so it's an official game. Hopefully, the umpires don't wait until midnight to call it since the Braves have to fly to Oakland

Reactions: smashmouth5
Jesse Chavez pitched a beautiful 6th and 7th. No runs, no walks, one hit. Braves win 7-1. If they pull even with the Mets, the pressure will be felt in new York

I assumed that the Braves would play on Labor Day. A much needed off day before playing at Oakland tomorrow. Pittsburgh postponed their game against the mets this morning. They will play a doubleheader Wednesday

Nice to wake up this morning to see that the Braves won 10-9. Jesse Chavez with another good performance. The Braves tried to lose by keeping Wright in to pitch the 5th when up 9-5 but he loaded the bases and recorded no outs

Incredible games from the young players again. Grissom and Harris deliver almost every game. Strider had a miserable first inning. For some reason, he only pitched sliders in the first and the umpire squeezed him . Then he pitched five more innings with 9 strikeouts, no walks and only one single

Incredible games from the young players again. Grissom and Harris deliver almost every game. Strider had a miserable first inning. For some reason, he only pitched sliders in the first and the umpire squeezed him . Then he pitched five more innings with 9 strikeouts, no walks and only one single
Strider showed real maturity for a young pitcher, working thru that early mess.It was an especially important W since the Mets swept their double dip with Pittsburgh. We are only a half game back. OFC

Reactions: geddoughton23
Braves lead East by half a game after clipping Seattle 6-4, and Mets fall to Fish!!

OFC

Boy did we ever give away a heartbreaker. 8-7 to Mariners on back to back homers in the 9th. We had just gone ahead 7-6 in top of 9th in a miraculous five run rally. Kenley Jansen blew the save, and let's hope this doesn't have a lasting effect. Now 1.5 games back of Mets.

OFC

I had given up . Found it on the radio. 5 run ninth!!! Then Kenley Jansen gives up two gopher balls. Curses!!
I had marked it in the loss column as well. It's like Chip Caray says, "Braves always seem to give 'em a finish." Happiness to Heartbreak. Snit took a beating on twitter- Braves fans want Iglesias closing.

OFC

Another loss. This time to the Giants as the hangover from Seattle lingered. That's 3 L's in a row since we took the lead for 24 hours in the NL EAST. FORTUNATELY, the Mets lost too, so our reeling Braves remain 1.5 games back. 21 games left.

OFC

5-1 BRAVES WIN last nite over SF, coupled with ANOTHER (surprise!!) Mets loss to Cubs. We're back to only a scant half game deficit in the EAST.

Fell asleep early as the West Coast games are rough on the old man. Kyle Wright apparently pitched well in his start. I did wake up and see Jansen on the Hill in the 9th. He pitched well, and I am sure he was bolstered by the four run cushion.

OFC

I'm sure that the Braves will help Wright get to 20 wins. He should have four starts remaining. He was in trouble early last night. He gave up a run in the first . In the second, he loaded the bases with two outs and went to a 3-0 count on Yastrzemski before getting a flyout

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT