ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS MICHIGAN STATE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Hey jwill, I think I may miss Duke games this season, unless they get placed in the Midwest Regional or make The Final 4 for the NCAA Tournament. I plan on going to the Sweet16/Elite 8 games in Indy regardless and The Final 4 in Atlanta regardless. How about you, any Duke games this season?
I’ll be in Blacksburg Friday and then Indy/Atlanta for sure if Duke is playing there for the tournament.
Hopefully will see you in Atlanta.

Reactions: bullcity gamer
We apparently have twin Javins.

I like this guy better.

38-E9-E086-AA80-43-F8-A622-3-B04-A801-A0-FD.png

Black Jersey Javin is the Javin we want and NEED.

I thought everyone played well, except Alex unfortunately.
Heck, Jordan even made the same exact layup that he air-balled in Louisville last year!

Thought Javin maybe played his best game in a Duke uniform. And of course...Joey Buckets.

I thought everyone played well, except Alex unfortunately.
Heck, Jordan even made the same exact layup that he air-balled in Louisville last year!

Thought Javin maybe played his best game in a Duke uniform. And of course...Joey Buckets.
Wendell wasn’t very good either sadly.

I wish I could have stayed up to watch it. But they seem to do better when I do not watch the game live. I am going to forebear live telecasts to help the team. Will watch "Bosch" 5th season during Va Tech game. There is nothing I won't do to help Duke win. OFC

Reactions: FearTheBeard
This was a big, pleasing and wonderful win. So many players contributed. Solid team win. We shot the ball well from the field, three point line and free throw line, played great defense and that will beat any team in the country. Cannot overlook V.T. Friday. Keep the momentum going. I need to go to bed but got to wound down some. OFC

Such Balanced Scoring! Five guys in double figures WITHOUT Stanley! K had this group prepared and firing on all cylinders!!! OFC

Props to dukehoke , he actually had a thread here preseason about how this team would play this year and he was spot on saying we'd win the big games and lose a few to teams that would be completely unexplained. I'm very excited about Tre, he RAN the team last night, steered it, guided it. He really impresses me how his cat like reflexes just explode at times, and when he gets those steals deep, the way he drops those fast break passes over the top are a thing of beauty. Rewind and take a look at this pass he dropped over the top to Hurt, I mean damn, gift wrapped for success. The thread through Winston with the high heat bounce pass with pinpoint accuracy. This kid is steaming. And I think this was a breakout game for Vernon. He really seemed to finally realize how to play BIG with his body. Spreading out and creating space, they were bouncing off of him like flies on a windshield. Honestly, I like his frame and play even better than Jah. Everybody at this board needed this one. It's a heal game. I know some folks here been on the bash K train this week, but K just pulled out the .50 cal and blew MSU out of their own house. Good stuff.

That Redick game was in ‘04. Duke had already beaten a young and bad Tech team 100-65. I’ll never forget. I was a student at Tech at the time and for a 7 pm game, Duke showed up in the bus at 4. They usually get places early but something tells me there was a bit of overconfidence there. After that game, JJ talked about how he had played in Cassell for high school tournaments and hated shooting there.

That's cool you were a student there then. I remember the fanbase would let JJ have it.

I couldn't believe Bilas on that foul call on the "surfboard". The kid slid backward and right to the spot where Jones came down. I'm sure the kid didn't do it on purpose, but if it had been Grayson Allen, the world would be looking for a suspension.

Don't trust you Sky. I am afraid that if I click on it, it won't be the Beach Boys, but some tall goofy looking dweeb guy with red hair.

That is finny. I am laughing. I don't blame you. You will just have to take a chance. The way the video is set up Tre is keeping perfect time with the music. It's like dirt and I got together and put it together in a studio. Notice the players behind Tre are kind of keeping with the beat of thr music. It might even go viral. :D OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
After last night performance we gotta like our chances even more to get the win in Blacksburg. 2 road wins at MSU and At VT in one week would be a big boost for this team.

If we feed vern like last night I love our chances...they simply have no answer for him.

I think they matched up good with MSU and that's a big part of why they beat them....they have no matchup for vern...their 6'6 center isn't going to do it

Reactions: Skeelow22
hahaha yes, didn’t know if you wanted to get fancy and put them on a wave or something

Did you notice Tre's right hand kind of keeping the beat with the music? It'seems like he's snapping his fingers to the beat. OFC

If we play Joey Baker 20+ minutes I believe we win the game. We need his gunner mentality out there because he's not afraid to shoot and he actually makes his shots. He will help open the floor with Hurt to start the game off. Then we can put 4 around Vernon like we did in 2015 with Jah. Every time Joey has played extended minutes he has produced points. He has scored more than Alex in less minutes. Their defense is about even if not Joey being better. Let Joey start and run some plays for him out the gate.

I think we beat MSU because they aren't a good shooting team and I believe we will have a good defensive scheme for them. We need to be aggressive on ball screens and make sure the refs watch Cassius Winston heisman pose.

Duke by a field goal and safety

Well I'll be. I almost called it except for the margin of victory. Michigan State doesn't spread you out as much so we could play more aggressive at the point of attack. They only had one ball handler so we kept pressure on him. This team likes these big games. It's as simple as that. The last few years that's how our teams have been. It's those games we are expected to win that really get us.

Joey Baker needs to be starting! No questions asked. This dude is a sniper. He's everything we hoped Alex could be. I don't know why Coach just won't let him loose. Getting him and Vernon on the same side is going to cause hell for everybody. Virginia Tech is in trouble. Shoutout to Tre, Vernon, and Javin as well

Well I'll be. I almost called it except for the margin of victory. Michigan State doesn't spread you out as much so we could play more aggressive at the point of attack. They only had one ball handler so we kept pressure on him. This team likes these big games. It's as simple as that. The last few years that's how our teams have been. It's those games we are expected to win that really get us.

Joey Baker needs to be starting! No questions asked. This dude is a sniper. He's everything we hoped Alex could be. I don't know why Coach just won't let him loose. Getting him and Vernon on the same side is going to cause hell for everybody. Virginia Tech is in trouble. Shoutout to Tre, Vernon, and Javin as well
First off, I’ll give you a little credit. You know basketball. But so does most everyone that posts here. The problem with you is, you are quick to want credit for your predictions, or blame Koach (as you call him) for not doing what you think he should, which is a reason your prophecies didn’t come true. Damn him!
Your other problem is I’ve yet to read a post of yours where you admit you were wrong.
I’ll give you one that happened this season already, and that was before a game, in the game day thread, and I believe it was Georgia State, where you said you hoped Tre wouldn’t shoot any 3’s. Thank God he didn’t listen to you, because he hit at least 3 if I’m not mistaken.
Where were you after that game?
Look, I say a lot, and I’m right sometimes, and sometimes I’m not. I question Coach K some, but you act like you know more than he does.

Learn how to eat some humble pie. As you get older, and hopefully wiser, it will help with your maturation.

First off, I’ll give you a little credit. You know basketball. But so does most everyone that posts here. The problem with you is, you are quick to want credit for your predictions, or blame Koach (as you call him) for not doing what you think he should, which is a reason your prophecies didn’t come true. Damn him!
Your other problem is I’ve yet to read a post of yours where you admit you were wrong.
I’ll give you one that happened this season already, and that was before a game, in the game day thread, and I believe it was Georgia State, where you said you hoped Tre wouldn’t shoot any 3’s. Thank God he didn’t listen to you, because he hit at least 3 if I’m not mistaken.
Where were you after that game?
Look, I say a lot, and I’m right sometimes, and sometimes I’m not. I question Coach K some, but you act like you know more than he does.

Learn how to eat some humble pie. As you get older, and hopefully wiser, it will help with your maturation.
On my screen it looks like you’re replying to nobody.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT