ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS MIAMI OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Williams had been our spark..he had 1 shot attempt tonight - I thought we had found something but tonight we didn't stick with it and went back to the prior jump shot bonanza
This is exactly what I saw as well. Got away from attacking and passing and went back to let’s jack up shots and not rebound.

As for Mark Williams he played defense well as expected from a freshman but to not look for the dump in and kick out has me lost but I guess that’s the game plan after every win.

Still can’t believe he didn’t even shoot the ball....just an insane lack of any basketball awareness at all....

Reactions: DukeCE2006
Nope. We'll have everyone back except Goldwire, Johnson, and maybe Hurt. Bring in two superstar recruits on the level of RJ, Bagley, Tatum, etc and hopefully get good improvement from Roach, Steward, Williams, Moore, and Baker. Should be a really good team.

This years team, however, just doesn't have it.
IMO everyone not named Jalen Johnson should return. Hurt will declare and spend his first years in the minor league

Goldwire shoudnt be on the floor at the end of games....ESPECIALLY when we’re fouling to extend the game.

Williams had been our spark..he had 1 shot attempt tonight - I thought we had found something but tonight we didn't stick with it and went back to the prior jump shot bonanza
Yea I don’t get that!! He gives us the only presence in the paint but he has not had enough minutes to be a huge asset for Saturday’s game. It is going to be embarrassing Saturday on the boards

You know what’s sad? Is we played really well against Clemson and it wasn’t enough to light a fire in coach ks ass to believe in this team. Depressing

Reactions: DBM0828
You know what’s sad? Is we played really well against Clemson and it wasn’t enough to light a fire in coach ks ass to believe in this team. Depressing
Just go watch the Steward three in the corner....watch K....
Would you have some burning enthusiasm from within?

Its sad....the team is flat and has to many lapses because the staff is flat and only partially engaged.

The vast majority of coaches in the HOF were “nudged “ into retirement because the game had passed them by or they just were not at the top of their game anymore. That time is coming.

Last time K was so unanimated, he ended up needing lower back surgery. I wondering if it is bothering him again.

Just go watch the Steward three in the corner....watch K....
Would you have some burning enthusiasm from within?

Its sad....the team is flat and has to many lapses because the staff is flat and only partially engaged.
M
Agreed. The team was playing by themselves out there

Tell again why Goldwire gets so many minutes? His defense? Didn’t see much of it tonight. Saw 3 turnovers and only 1 assist. 2-10 from the floor. Too many shots. Team only had 8 assists.
‘Roach should have been in the game and either Goldwire or he should have gotten outlet pass and rushed down the court to take shot or hit Moore for shot. I did not care for Dean Smith but he always had a play is situations like this.

Tell again why Goldwire gets so many minutes? His defense? Didn’t see much of it tonight. Saw 3 turnovers and only 1 assist. 2-10 from the floor. Too many shots. Team only had 8 assists.
‘Roach should have been in the game and either Goldwire or he should have gotten outlet pass and rushed down the court to take shot or hit Moore for shot. I did not care for Dean Smith but he always had a play is situations like this.

Coaches favorite...enough said

Saturday is going to suuuuck. With no emotional lift from the crazies and those seniors on UNC team coming in understanding the rivalry they will beat the piss out of this team. We will get swept this year for sure!! Please hurry up warm weather so I can be at the golf course and don’t have to witness this crap!!

Saturday is going to suuuuck. With no emotional lift from the crazies and those seniors on UNC team coming in understanding the rivalry they will beat the piss out of this team. We will get swept this year for sure!! Please hurry up warm weather so I can be at the golf course and don’t have to witness this crap!!

Oh it's gonna get ugly....hurt will get abused because he is so soft...bacot brooks or sharpe will score at will

Yea That says a lot for the program. If you have to play Goldy for 30 plus each game then you are hurting for players. He is not a 30 minute man on a D-1 team. Love the hustle and the spark he could bring off the bench but not what he is now!!

Reactions: jeffrey236
Yep sure do

Goldwire is plain awful offensively...but yet plays 30+ minutes every game....hmmmmmm

The reverse is true to, once you are not in favor you are not getting many minutes either. We are really short on any experience so goldwire gets more time because that is at least something he has...but if it doesn't help then its not an attribute that should be considered. Baker didn't play, I presume he was sick or if this is a coaches decision, that will really hurt any confidence he may have had. We don't have any patterns or consistent line ups and that shows up....like today's lack of use of any inside play. And that is on the coaching at this point.

Really frustrating to see all of our progress from the last 2 games go out the window. Consistency is what this team does not have and what we need to make the tournament. The only way we make up for this is to beat North Carolina and I see little chance of that happening.

Just watched the last play a few more times. Steward knew what to do. He sprinted down the court. Goldwire did not demand the ball from Jalen. He eventually ended up in the corner like he was open for a shot but time had elapsed. As a senior point guard he needed to get the ball down the court for last second shot. I love his hustle but he needs to chance places w Roach. I may be wrong but I think Steward and Baker may be the best on the team at making 35 ft shots. Rather have Baker taking it over Moore , Jalen or even Goldwire but guess K thought otherwise.

Reactions: germantondevil
Johnson had the ball he should have chunked it when he crossed half court! Not to even get a shot was bad. You don’t have time to dribble, dribble, and then pass!

I get the frustration, and ultimately it all falls on K regardless of weather it’s truly a K thing or not. Not gonna waste time on that argument. Some classes are more ready then others, some kids receive what K teaches quicker, some classes just don’t mesh like others. I’m personally gonna continue to trust in K. Never ever has it been a given right that a K coached Duke team would be dominant year in and out. This is as very bad as it gets for Duke- NO OTHER program can say that. These kids are trying- this staff is trying from my view. Gonna take a hell of a lot more then this, and go on hell of a lot longer for this guy to give up.

A lot of posters on this board have the same lack of awareness as Jalen at the end.

Listen, this group just isn’t very good. It’s not one thing....it’s a little bit of everything. Lack of consistent rotations to me means lack of confidence from the staff in trying to piece something together. Youth. We’ve been young for a lot of years, but we had NBA-level talent on those teams. Not one guy on this roster is even a minor rotation-player in the League right now.

We’re talented, but it’s really young, inexperienced talent that is just behind at this level. It shows. Almost so much that the ending was quite fitting.

Two things I can’t bring myself to do is 1) questioning whether or not the staff isn’t trying, or 2) question the kids effort. Both might be really frustrating on the surface, but I can safely assure you each one of them is much more invested than anyone here.....and they’re trying. Might not be to our liking or appear that way, but they’re not selling out one another.

I’m not enjoying this either. In fact, it sucks. But if so many of you are really this upset or agitated, why do it to yourself? The easiest thing you can do is turn it off and go on with your life. It’s not like Duke basketball, the staff or players are going to be mad at you for bailing on them. I mean, when I was a kid I realized I didn’t like green beans....so as an adult, guess what I don’t do? Eat green beans. It’s been really simple too.

A lot of posters on this board have the same lack of awareness as Jalen at the end.

Listen, this group just isn’t very good. It’s not one thing....it’s a little bit of everything. Lack of consistent rotations to me means lack of confidence from the staff in trying to piece something together. Youth. We’ve been young for a lot of years, but we had NBA-level talent on those teams. Not one guy on this roster is even a minor rotation-player in the League right now.

We’re talented, but it’s really young, inexperienced talent that is just behind at this level. It shows. Almost so much that the ending was quite fitting.

Two things I can’t bring myself to do is 1) questioning whether or not the staff isn’t trying, or 2) question the kids effort. Both might be really frustrating on the surface, but I can safely assure you each one of them is much more invested than anyone here.....and they’re trying. Might not be to our liking or appear that way, but they’re not selling out one another.

I’m not enjoying this either. In fact, it sucks. But if so many of you are really this upset or agitated, why do it to yourself? The easiest thing you can do is turn it off and go on with your life. It’s not like Duke basketball, the staff or players are going to be mad at you for bailing on them. I mean, when I was a kid I realized I didn’t like green beans....so as an adult, guess what I don’t do? Eat green beans. It’s been really simple too.

That’s just because the veggie game has passed green beans by.

Reactions: dukiejay
Ya gotta remember- the same guys who know more then K right now- know more then K when Duke is 20-4 and in the top 5-8 (like ALWAYS) and suffers a last second loss on the rd. Same guys, same shat

Reactions: bleediteveryday30

I don’t know man

coach k vs Louisville zion year I don’t coach losers

Coach k vs Miami down a few possessions with more than enough time remaining, sitting down in his chair. team fighting back. Sits in his chair. Calls timeouts , kind of relaxed. Isn’t visibly upset the ending was flubbed.

the energy is not the same. The coaching just isn’t there either.

Reactions: Lavar5150
We have the pick of the HS players, so its surprising to me that some don't see any action. Today Brakefield, and Coleman saw zero time - not even maybe to provide a spark or give a player a break to chat to the coaching staff....surely the can give us a few minutes at this level? We should be 10 deep and all can contribute....I'm sure Coleman and Brakefield were at least as good as some of the UM players who played today.

Reactions: christophero
Rather than playing like their season was on the line, Duke appeared to be going through the motions tonight.

Game recap and observations from a frustrating night.

For real. I understand people getting frustrated but a lot here sound like fair weather fans. Gotta take the good with the bad and for Duke fans, there hasn't been a whole lot of bad, just a lot of W's. Hell even this year, our worst since well before I was even a fan, we're still above .500.

I've said in multiple threads this year that it ain't happening this year, and it's true. So let's enjoy what a lot of these fans say they want, an overabundance of multi year guys as freshman or sophomores. Let's enjoy their development for next year when we're fighting for the number 1 overall seed yet again.

For real. I understand people getting frustrated but a lot here sound like fair weather fans. Gotta take the good with the bad and for Duke fans, there hasn't been a whole lot of bad, just a lot of W's. Hell even this year, our worst since well before I was even a fan, we're still above .500.

I've said in multiple threads this year that it ain't happening this year, and it's true. So let's enjoy what a lot of these fans say they want, an overabundance of multi year guys as freshman or sophomores. Let's enjoy their development for next year when we're fighting for the number 1 overall seed yet again.

At this point, I would love to just see the team bring the effort they brought against Clemson for the rest of the year, win or lose. Oh and to beat Carolina. I feel like most people here didn't experience '95 or '96. Rough couple of seasons. It happens, even to the best.

Reactions: Shatterthesky22
At this point, I would love to just see the team bring the effort they brought against Clemson for the rest of the year, win or lose. Oh and to beat Carolina. I feel like most people here didn't experience '95 or '96. Rough couple of seasons. It happens, even to the best.
I'm only 24 so I didn't. But man, Carolina won the chip in 2017, last year they finished 14-19. Kentucky, the all time winningest program currently sits at 5-10. Shit happens to everyone, our turn had to come sooner or later.

Also, if we beat the Cheats I'll celebrate like a natty. GTHC.

I'm only 24 so I didn't. But man, Carolina won the chip in 2017, last year they finished 14-19. Kentucky, the all time winningest program currently sits at 5-10. Shit happens to everyone, our turn had to come sooner or later.

Also, if we beat the Cheats I'll celebrate like a natty. GTHC.

Bad seasons happen. We're one year removed from a team that potentially could've made another deep run. Sadly, we didn't get to see that ending.

And yes, I will behave as if a championship has been won if we're able to pull that off. GTHC!!! GTH!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT