ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS KANSAS OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Wouldn't mind seeing K go with a zone. Kansas is likely to play two bigs at a time - and their guards aren't exactly world-beaters from the perimeter. Isaiah Moss is the only really elite shooter and he's been battling a hamstring injury, so it's possible we don't even see him. If we can force them to take 30+ 3-pointers, then I think we will win.

That would be a great strategy!

Reactions: dukedevilz
Remember, Hurt was considered a Kansas lean for most of his Junior and Senior year. Self was recently quoted saying something along the lines that losing Hurt was the most painful recruiting loss he has ever experienced. Maybe a bit extreme?

Regardless, I really hope Matthew has a big game tonight and destroys those cheaters from the middle of nowhere.

Reactions: Quavarius
KU 73
Duke 69

My dad silently gloats the rest of the week.

Kansas has more senior impact players in key positions so at this point in the season i think that gives them the edge...KS by 5

Reactions: youngman42
I'll go with a low scoring affair since both teams will have two of the better D's in the country.

KU: 65
Duke: 60

Hope I'm wrong. Agbaji looks like a better version of Rasheed Sulaimon (or what he should have been) and will be a problem. Not sure about Hurt in this type of game - his outside shot has GOT to be going tonight. I think if we double the post like everyone will probably do this year to KU we can force them to beat us from 15 feet out.

LETS GO DUKE!!! I think we see some good defense and a balanced scoring attack tonight.

Duke wins 77-72 #DukeNation

Hurt
Baker
AOC

Please shoot the three well and set the tone as reliable three point shooters for the remainder of the year.

Thank you.

I knew I'd have a Zion hangover but I didn't think it'd be this bad.

Honestly, I haven't been less excited to start a season in... I don't even remember.

A win tonight would probably help.

I relate to this so well. I'm hoping tonight shakes me out of it (and I'm thinking it likely will) but right now I'm just kinda meh going into this season when I'm usually super hyped.

Reactions: IPSYCHOSIS
Duke wins with constant pressure and doubling the post. Dotson has been known to be inconsistent. He has two pit bulls that will be at his neck all night. We will generate enough offensively to win. Azubuike might become unplayable. We should definitely bring J-Rob in to hack him

If Duke starts losing, I will turn on the Duke/UK game from last season!

I’m not starting the season with that type of negativity!

I knew I'd have a Zion hangover but I didn't think it'd be this bad.

Honestly, I haven't been less excited to start a season in... I don't even remember.

A win tonight would probably help.

I miss him too and not being able to watch him in the NBA doesn’t help either.

Reactions: germantondevil
If Duke and Michigan State win tonight Duke will be the only team with a winning record in the Champions Classic but if Kansas and Kentucky win tonight Michigan State will be the only team with a losing record in the Champions Classic.

Reactions: Quavarius
If Duke and Michigan State win tonight Duke will be the only team with a winning record in the Champions Classic but if Kansas and Kentucky win tonight Michigan State will be the only team with a losing record in the Champions Classic.

Win or lose, Duke will still have an overall winning record against the nations 3 best programs.

Hard to believe its here already. I am still in the dumps after last years team couldn't deliver a FF trip. I hope for a very exciting game tonight and a lot of positives that can come out of this game,,win or lose. I need something to pull me out of this bball stupor that I am in.

Go Duke!!!! Lets roll team!!!

I relate to this so well. I'm hoping tonight shakes me out of it (and I'm thinking it likely will) but right now I'm just kinda meh going into this season when I'm usually super hyped.
Me3

Really only got to see the highlights of the exhibitions (thanks to my Duke buddies that posted them), so this is really tough to pick.
I think the experience of Kansas and the physical play of Azubuike might be too much for this young team. Carey will have a tough time staying out of foul trouble.
Therefore, for this young team to win, we must pressure Kansas and not allow them to relax, we must attack them on offense (no fear), and Javin may have to come up big, and I think this is what is going to happen!
Since I don't pick against (I just can't), Duke wins a "white knuckler"!

Go Duke!
OFC

Anyone else always become a nervous wreck before these big games? I openly admit I get way too emotionally invested in Duke basketball, but I can't help it. This has been me all day thinking about the game.

giphy.gif

Anyone else always become a nervous wreck before these big games? I openly admit I get way too emotionally invested in Duke basketball, but I can't help it. This has been me all day thinking about the game.

giphy.gif

I used to let it get to me bad.....couldn’t sleep after a loss, really pissy at work all day the next day, rip lucky shirts up because they weren’t lucky any more......I don’t do all that now

Except in March and April...
Or vs unc...
Or ky....

I’m completely reformed!

giphy.gif
If it’s a tournament game, I’m very nervous, but usually not that nervous at the beginning of the season.

I used to let it get to me bad.....couldn’t sleep after a loss, really pissy at work all day the next day, rip lucky shirts up because they weren’t lucky any more......I don’t do all that now

Except in March and April...
Or vs unc...
Or ky....

I’m completely reformed!
Exact same way.

Reactions: DukefanKY
The past few years, I really thought we had the talent to dominate every game. Any loss, I would be down for days. Even if we won and looked rusty, I would be mad.

I'm coming into this season with a different mind sight. I realize this year will be a work in progress, not gonna let any early losses upset me, and the goal is to win our last game of the season.

I reallllllllllllly want to beat Kansas though. WENDELL CARTERS FEET WERE SET.

giphy.gif
I get a little nervous before some games throughout the season but when it comes to this first game of the season I’m more anxious than I am nervous because once college basketball season ends I’m already looking forward to the next season starting.

I was already counting the bucket after Carter caught it where he did, but he choked. Shit happens. That was a total clown show ending. We pulled the same crap against MSU last year. It is what it is go Duke

New poster here. Defense is key this year. We have been spoiled the last few years. Hopefully a deeper team and the offense comes along throughout the year

Reactions: skysdad
One good thing is we have the early ESPN game and don't have to worry about a 10:15 start . OFC

I'm stuck at my in-laws. They always record the games so they can skip all the talking heads, skip all the commercials, and literally every second of non-gametime. Then they complain about every single call because they never listen to the talking heads discussing new rule changes and whatnot.

It also means I don't get to watch it live. Great.

New poster here. Defense is key this year. We have been spoiled the last few years. Hopefully a deeper team and the offense comes along throughout the year

Welcome to the board and have fun. I would love to see this team also shoot about 78 per cent from the free throw line. OFC

I'm so happy K-ville is back. JC is back. dechamp is back. Ipsy is back. It's like homecoming. OFC

It's getting close to game time and I think it's time for a nerve pill. I'm pumped and need to calm down. Once again I have chose not to post during game play other than give a like here a there. It seems as though we don't play well when I do that. I'll take a look at half time to make any comments. OFC

I almost always like Duke early in the season and they usually win these games. However KU is looking really strong and has a big time inside game. I think it will be close, with streaks and runs, but I am going ...

KU 77
Duke 71

And hoping for a reverse jinx on KU with my pick.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT