ADVERTISEMENT

Duke baseball/CWS -- 2024 season

Duke had 4 players invited to the MLB Draft Combine, which starts today in Arizona. They are:

Jonathan Santucci, Fran Oschell III, David Boisvert and sophomore Andrew Healy

Healy is obviously the most interesting inclusion. He's in line for a weekend starting spot next season ... or he's going to be drafted for the reasons I explained earlier on this thread.

I was pulling for the Cavs and Pack. Obviously today,I am doing the Tomahawk Chop for the Noles vs the Holes. If the Cheaters win,its GO SEC!! There it is WC,DIRECTLY. @skysdad would agree with me too, lol...

OFC
I hope this doesn't mean that you won't go to the prom with me, Hart. I've already got my white sport coat and a pink carnation. We can still be friends, can't we?
OFC

• Haha
Reactions: hart2chesson
Watching this unc florida state game the Seminoles have had runners on first and second no outs back to back innings and haven't scored. What happened to the bunt to move the runners? They have a two run lead. Our local high school coach would bunt

I hope this doesn't mean that you won't go to the prom with me, Hart. I've already got my white sport coat and a pink carnation. We can still be friends, can't we?
OFC
Heck no SOUPY!! We have lined up 3/4ths of the HATE CAROLINA contigent to cheer you up. #NolesBeatTheHoles

All kidding aside, thanks for being a good sport! I am pulling for FSU,as they are the only ACC(non ABC team)remaining.

OFC

Heck no SOUPY!! We have lined up 3/4ths of the HATE CAROLINA contigent to cheer you up. #NolesBeatTheHoles

All kidding aside, thanks for being a good sport! I am pulling for FSU,as they are the only ACC(non ABC team)remaining.

OFC
OK, Hart. Where did the SOUPY come from? Ya gotta tell me.
OFC
(I, too, will be cheering for the Noles, but UT and A&M are very tall orders.)

I've gotta say ... Tennessee and Texas A&M might have the two most-annoying fanbases in the country. If they're playing to decide the national championship, I think I'll opt to watch paint dry or grass grow.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
OK, Hart. Where did the SOUPY come from? Ya gotta tell me.
OFC
(I, too, will be cheering for the Noles, but UT and A&M are very tall orders.)
There use to be a pretty good pitcher for the Red Sox in the 70s(Bill Campbell). His nick was SOUPY or SOUP, because of his last name. LOL...

OFC

I've gotta say ... Tennessee and Texas A&M might have the two most-annoying fanbases in the country. If they're playing to decide the national championship, I think I'll opt to watch paint dry or grass grow.
Hope you've got slow drying paint and it doesn't rain on your grass.
OFC

Go ahead. I probably just need the terrible fanbases, not a rating for every school in the country. (Betting UNC is on your list!)
OFC
Hart, your first choice for most obnoxious fan base could only be the Maryland Twerps. Right? OFC
Most obnoxious fanbases:
1-UNC
2-UNC
3-UNC
4-UNC
5-UNC
6-State
7-Wake
8-Ucon
9-Tex A&M
10-UT

OFC

Joey Loperfido, "superstar prospect."

Help me out here, Jim. Have there been any other Duke non-pitchers to make a significant MLB impact since McCracken?
OFC
(PS: I now find myself looking at Astros' box scores, even though I'm not particularly fond of the team).

Help me out here, Jim. Have there been any other Duke non-pitchers to make a significant MLB impact since McCracken?
OFC
(PS: I now find myself looking at Astros' box scores, even though I'm not particularly fond of the team).
Depends on how we define "significant." Guys like Ryan Jackson and Nate Freiman hung around for a few years. Matt Mervis and Graham Pauley have had some chances and are young enough to get some more.

Alex Hassan grew up in New England and got a cup of coffee with the Red Sox at the end of one season. Fulfillment of lifetime dream.

I'm sure I've forgotten a few,

But Loperfido seems like he's on a different career trajectory. If he really is a budding star, that could be huge for Duke baseball.

Depends on how we define "significant." Guys like Ryan Jackson and Nate Freiman hung around for a few years. Matt Mervis and Graham Pauley have had some chances and are young enough to get some more.

Alex Hassan grew up in New England and got a cup of coffee with the Red Sox at the end of one season. Fulfillment of lifetime dream.

I'm sure I've forgotten a few,

But Loperfido seems like he's on a different career trajectory. If he really is a budding star, that could be huge for Duke baseball.
Thanks, Jim. I completely forgot about Freiman.
OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT