ADVERTISEMENT

Duke 3 on 3 Tournament (THE FINALS) (Team '01 vs Team '92)

WHO WOULD WIN?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Voldukie

All Conference
Mar 14, 2002
DC METRO
This is the FINALS of the Duke 3 on 3 Tournament - and the Winner will be based on your votes.
In the Semifinals 'Team '01 defeated Team '19 (+10 Votes) While Team '92 ran away from Team '86 (+14 votes).

As a Refresher, Game Rules are as Follows
- 8 Teams
-Half Court
-Indoor Gym
-Make It Take It
-Play to 21

Game 7 (CHAMPIONSHIP)

Team 01 (J. Williams, S. Battier, C. Boozer) vs.
Team 92 (C. Laettner, B. Hurley, G.Hill)

Voting will stay open through the Weekend...Lets see how many votes we can get for the 3 on 3 Championship.

I feel that Boozer would muscle Laettner, Battier would provide help defense, and Hurley would not be able to handle JWill. The question is whether the '01 team would be better with Boozer or Dunleavy.

The one on one battles between Hill and Batter would be epic.

I gotta go with 01. Hill and Battier would be a draw. I can't see Hurley stopping J Will.

92. Love Battier, but he wasn’t quite quick enough to guard Grant. 92 gets the edge because of Laettner. He’s the most clutch player of all time. He would take Boozer outside and unfortunately, as much as I like Carlos, he would get schooled.

Reactions: christophero
I went 01 but it’s probably split.. Dunleavy over boozer would help here.. I just think Jwill would be too much for Hurley and battier could keep grant in check.. laet would abuse boozer though

Laettner gets the edge but could Laettner stop Boozer? Boozer was one of the best finishers I've ever seen. If Boozer went to St. John's (he almost did) he would have averaged 20 and 10.

I might have missed the rules, but are there refs or call your own? I could see a major fight between Boozer and Laettner if it's call your own. Christian would be calling everything and Boozer would be saying "no blood, no foul"!

I think Laettner on the perimeter is the difference. He may just pop a bunch of 3's from top of the key and end it quick. I would pay to watch 1 on ones Grant / Shane

A classic Center in a 3vs3 isn't ideal is it?

2001 had superior depth but Boozer versus Grant Hill just doesn't match up. Especially since I think versatility and "2 point shots" are big in 3v3

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT