ADVERTISEMENT

Cole Anthony commits to Holes

Status
Not open for further replies.
But were they really contenders this past year, or did they hide behind a soft ACC schedule? It’s an interesting thing to consider. I said this year that they may have been the best team at one point, but now that look back, I was way off. They were exposed in both tournaments, IMO.

UNC was no more exposed than was Duke. The reality is, there wasn’t a dominant team at the end of the season. 8 or 9 teams had the potential to win it all. I see next year shaping up to be the same.

Reactions: carolinablue34
I put words in your mouth? Lol, the proof is right above: you clearly backtracked and then, again clearly, showed you didn’t read my post right after that. But hey, you’re searching for friends on a Duke board so....

Lol I backtracked from nothing. I said the situations weren't directly parallel but they are similar. Roy has replaced the top 4-5 scorers on his team before and he'll do it again this year. That's my assertion.

I hold no illusion of friendship on a rival board, but contrary to what you may think, I don't have an ax to grind. I just enjoy mixing it up because I don't like echo chambers.

But if you're just going to be snarky simply because I root for Carolina and not discuss anything of merit I can always put you on ignore and be done with it.

Lol I backtracked from nothing. I said the situations weren't directly parallel but they are similar. Roy has replaced the top 4-5 scorers on his team before and he'll do it again this year. That's my assertion.

I hold no illusion of friendship on a rival board, but contrary to what you may think, I don't have an ax to grind. I just enjoy mixing it up because I don't like echo chambers.

But if you're just going to be snarky simply because I root for Carolina and not discuss anything of merit I can always put you on ignore and be done with it.
I don’t think anything you’ve said here is out of line. UNC will be legit next year and anyone who thinks otherwise is clearly blinded. I almost respect the blindness but unfortunately it’s not reality.

I don’t think anything you’ve said here is out of line. UNC will be legit next year and anyone who thinks otherwise is clearly blinded. I almost respect the blindness but unfortunately it’s not reality.

That’s the issue. What is “legit”? Top 5? 15? 25? Worse? I say top 20, but they won’t be as good as this past year and even that team was hidden a bit by a soft Acc sched.

That’s the issue. What is “legit”? Top 5? 15? 25? Worse? I say top 20, but they won’t be as good as this past year and even that team was hidden a bit by a soft Acc sched.
Maybe. I say legit is top 10 all season, which they will be. I also, gulp, think they’ll be better next year. I don’t see a weakness on their team with the system they run.

Not being snarky; I called you out but you can’t seem to let it go. You made a direct comparison then backtracked and said “not quite parallel”. Then you completely butchered what I said about the Holes this upcoming year. It’s okay, you just want to be right. I get it.

And stop with “I have no ax to grind”. Your colors shine through. They always do in the end.

Not being snarky; I called you out but you can’t seem to let it go. You made a direct comparison then backtracked and said “not quite parallel”. Then you completely butchered what I said about the Holes this upcoming year. It’s okay, you just want to be right. I get it.

And stop with “I have no ax to grind”. Your colors shine through. They always do in the end.

I've been around for awhile and I'm still here...must be doing something right I guess.

In any case, I didn't make a direct comparison. I just used 2005 as an example of how Roy, like all great coaches, can rebuild quickly and effectively. Will next year's team be as good? It's hard to say. A lot of variables and questions. But there's no doubt we're top 10 on paper. You can harp on the 'soft' schedule all you want, wins are wins. If the shoe were on the other foot you'd say the same thing.

UNC will be decent but not a top 5 team. Too much youth to rely on next season. Roy typically doesn’t do well with teams that are run by young players. IMO, UNC won’t have 3 or 4 upperclassmen that will lead this team, they’re going to be very reliant on Cole Anthony (who is very good), but teams will pressure the snot out of him next season and if he ever gets injured or in foul trouble, the heels will be in major trouble.

I've been around for awhile and I'm still here...must be doing something right I guess.

In any case, I didn't make a direct comparison. I just used 2005 as an example of how Roy, like all great coaches, can rebuild quickly and effectively. Will next year's team be as good? It's hard to say. A lot of variables and questions. But there's no doubt we're top 10 on paper. You can harp on the 'soft' schedule all you want, wins are wins. If the shoe were on the other foot you'd say the same thing.

You backtracked, again all good. No I wouldn’t say the same thing. Play and beat the best, not hide with soft games @wooford and Elon. But hey, your naivety causes you to actually think I’d feel the same.

You’re doing something right by kissing arse here and bashing Duke at THR? Hmmm, makes sense. I’ve seen you be told to shut up and leave more than a few times here, and like an obedient dog, you know your role. I’ll give you that.

You backtracked, again all good. No I wouldn’t say the same thing. Play and beat the best, not hide with soft games @wooford and Elon. But hey, your naivety causes you to actually think I’d feel the same.

You’re doing something right by kissing arse here and bashing Duke at THR? Hmmm, makes sense. I’ve seen you be told to shut up and leave more than a few times here, and like an obedient dog, you know your role. I’ll give you that.

...you expect me to give praise and thanks to Duke on a Carolina board? Are you being purposefully obtuse?

We all bash the other's team. I'm not apologizing for that. But I can see past the sky blue tinted glasses better than most. The only time I've gotten into heated arguments was when someone went after me, and you seem to be among those who enjoy goading me. So nice try, but no thanks.

Also really odd you think Wofford was a soft matchup considering they were a 7 seed this year and almost beat Kentucky.

A great guard like cole will make them really good. Their front line should be pretty good but still not what they have been used to with their championship level teams. They don’t have bad shooters but they will be missing the shooting they have had the few years.

Unc is usually always good once they start figuring out their rotations and start running Roy’s system the way he wants to. Roy is not an amazing strategist but he teaches his system well and most of the gets most of his players to but into it. A lot will depend on how fast some of the young guys buy into it

A great guard like cole will make them really good. Their front line should be pretty good but still not what they have been used to with their championship level teams. They don’t have bad shooters but they will be missing the shooting they have had the few years.

Unc is usually always good once they start figuring out their rotations and start running Roy’s system the way he wants to. Roy is not an amazing strategist but he teaches his system well and most of the gets most of his players to but into it. A lot will depend on how fast some of the young guys buy into it

I think this is a pretty fair assessment.

Saying Carolina will be good is not saying you like them. It's just an objective opinion. :rolleyes: They will be what they will be regardless of what we wish or say.

In any case, I didn't make a direct comparison. I just used 2005 as an example of how Roy, like all great coaches, can rebuild quickly and effectively./QUOTE]

2005, when you hung a banner thanks to a ROSTER FULL OF AFAM MAJORS!
#DontHateTheHaters
#HateRashad

SoCal btw is wasting you. I have really had a great laugh sitting back and watching him cut you to ribbons....OFC

Hart, if you’re going to come at me at least post the response correctly lol. In any case, you seem a little unhinged.

Hart, if you’re going to come at me at least post the response correctly lol. In any case, you seem a little unhinged.

"Unhinged???" No you are the "unhinged" one continually coming over here into enemy territory. Hey, I am SO VERY SORRY my post to you on my mobile phone didnt appeal to your technological tastes.

I've known you were "unhinged" since you posted comments I made here on THR, and then had the AUDACITY to come back here and LIE you didnt.....Buddy its all in black and white. Besides SoCal needs no help to handle you.....OFC

...you expect me to give praise and thanks to Duke on a Carolina board? Are you being purposefully obtuse?

We all bash the other's team. I'm not apologizing for that. But I can see past the sky blue tinted glasses better than most. The only time I've gotten into heated arguments was when someone went after me, and you seem to be among those who enjoy goading me. So nice try, but no thanks.

Also really odd you think Wofford was a soft matchup considering they were a 7 seed this year and almost beat Kentucky.

So you admit you bash Duke and more importantly, their players, as well as kiss arse here? Well done, doggie.

Lol at Wooford; we saw how good UK was too, right from game 1. And your reference was so bad that you had to resort to “almost”. You probably do the same for your height, amongst other things.

And stop with words like “obtuse”; that was poor usage and from your track record here you’re reaching above your intelligence level.

So you admit you bash Duke and more importantly, their players, as well as kiss arse here? Well done, doggie.

Lol at Wooford; we saw how good UK was too, right from game 1. And your reference was so bad that you had to resort to “almost”. You probably do the same for your height, amongst other things.

And stop with words like “obtuse”; that was poor usage and from your track record here you’re reaching above your intelligence level.

Lol if being polite on another team's message board is "kissing arse" as you put it, fine. I bash a rival team like any fan does. I have friends of mine who root for Duke that scream at the TV how much they hate Carolina during games. I don't hold it against them because it's just a game, and there are more important things in life. It's called being an adult, you should try it.

Wofford was a good team. I didn't see you guys playing two road games to start the year. Just the usual neutral site stuff. Yawn.

If you want me to use smaller words I certainly can, if you're having trouble comprehending what I'm trying to say, which has been a common theme for you throughout this discussion.

Lol if being polite on another team's message board is "kissing arse" as you put it, fine. I bash a rival team like any fan does. I have friends of mine who root for Duke that scream at the TV how much they hate Carolina during games. I don't hold it against them because it's just a game, and there are more important things in life. It's called being an adult, you should try it.

Wofford was a good team. I didn't see you guys playing two road games to start the year. Just the usual neutral site stuff. Yawn.

If you want me to use smaller words I certainly can, if you're having trouble comprehending what I'm trying to say, which has been a common theme for you throughout this discussion.
Our first game of the year was against UK, who we thrashed. Playing at Wofford and Elon became a running joke because some Heels fans felt that was every bit as impressive as what Duke did against Kentucky.

"Unhinged???" No you are the "unhinged" one continually coming over here into enemy territory. Hey, I am SO VERY SORRY my post to you on my mobile phone didnt appeal to your technological tastes.

I've known you were "unhinged" since you posted comments I made here on THR, and then had the AUDACITY to come back here and LIE you didnt.....Buddy its all in black and white. Besides SoCal needs no help to handle you.....OFC

I come over to shoot the shit, hart. Not to get into these pissing matches. But people like you make that increasingly difficult, especially throwing around the usual stuff "AFAM" "Cheaters" "McCants". Give it a rest.

This thread is about Cole Anthony, and how good UNC may or may not be next year. You want to talk about that, I'm all for it. Otherwise, I'm just going to ignore anything else.

Our first game of the year was against UK, who we thrashed. Playing at Wofford and Elon became a running joke because some Heels fans felt that was every bit as impressive as what Duke did against Kentucky.

Objectively speaking, perhaps not. But I also recall after that one game against Kentucky, a team that did get progressively better over the course of the year, many of you were convinced the natty was in the bag and you had assembled the greatest team ever.

It depends on the situation.

Eh the media was leading the hype train after we beat Kentucky. Then they tore Duke down when it was apparent we were beatable. I don't recall anyone on here claiming we could beat the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Reactions: GillJET
Eh the media was leading the hype train after we beat Kentucky. Then they tore Duke down when it was apparent we were beatable. I don't recall anyone on here claiming we could beat the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Nah, no rational person thought that. Anyone who did was just stirring shit up in media.

Blue bloods always receive a disproportionate amount of coverage and in the age of social media, Zion only fueled that. Espn milked that kid for every penny and will continue to do so.

Reactions: christophero
Maybe. I say legit is top 10 all season, which they will be. I also, gulp, think they’ll be better next year. I don’t see a weakness on their team with the system they run.

I’m not so sure. UNC was good at times last year, but relied too often on a player going off. Cam, Coby, or Luke usually carried the load. They rarely did it in unison. Some of that can be attributed to Coby running a difficult system as a freshman. He covered some deficiencies by being an elite scorer.

Next year, if Cole is as good as advertised, I expect a more balanced team. However, the post will be very raw. Brooks is going to need to step up and Bacot will need to shine. Roy has never done well in the tourney without a very strong post presence. And for that reason, I have very limited expectations for next year.

I come over to shoot the shit, hart. Not to get into these pissing matches. But people like you make that increasingly difficult, especially throwing around the usual stuff "AFAM" "Cheaters" "McCants". Give it a rest.

This thread is about Cole Anthony, and how good UNC may or may not be next year. You want to talk about that, I'm all for it. Otherwise, I'm just going to ignore anything else.

The numerous titles are fitting for the University and that cheating SOB Roy Williams. **** off, if you don’t like it.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I actually know nothing about their recruiting class nor much about whose returning really but I’d be shocked if they weren’t really good. I mean they always are, I dont expect next year to be any different. I’d love to be pleasantly surprised though.

The day "I give it rest"(scandal) to obnoxious UNC fans on a Duke board is the day I die CB. Ha "give it a rest-" suck it up dude. OFC

The day "I give it rest"(scandal) to obnoxious UNC fans on a Duke board is the day I die CB. Ha "give it a rest-" suck it up dude. OFC

You can count me in as one of those Duke fans also cbb34. You want us to give it a rest. I guess you just rather we forget that this cheating scandal went on over 20 years and some of the most sacred names in tar heel history knew about it. Our ACC commissioner was part of it for crying out loud and you want us to give it a rest. Most of the tar heel fans I know have already forgotten about it. As far as mccants he tried to do the right thing and now all of a sudden he hasn't been heard from since he blabbering his mouth. How much of that 20 million went to him? I'm just as a senile old man as hart but as long as you post here and I'm wake up dead every morning you and everyone else are going to be reminded of it. I don't have any problem with you and you description of me that I think gas exposed a couple of years ago is water under the bridge. Keep posting here but if not giving it a rest bothers then don't even lurk here because as hof coach roy williams was would say you are going to see it every " dadgummed " day. OFC. Stands for old farts club. Not " Of Finer Class."

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT