ADVERTISEMENT

Cole Anthony commits to Holes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Roy ever had a OAD PG coming into the season?

Will be interesting to see how he meshes with UNC’s offense. Cole is a ball dominant guard. Roy’s system requires that PG giving the ball up on the fast break to open 3 point shooters and bigs underneath.

Has Roy ever had a OAD PG coming into the season?

Will be interesting to see how he meshes with UNC’s offense. Cole is a ball dominant guard. Roy’s system requires that PG giving the ball up on the fast break to open 3 point shooters and bigs underneath.

Coby White was a bit of a shoot-first point guard this past season and it seemed to work for them.

Anthony is good enough to make them a top 10 team, IMO.

They’ll have Anthony and at least 1 grad transfer. Roy is going all in on the OADs!!!!

Reactions: dbav
Coby White was a bit of a shoot-first point guard this past season and it seemed to work for them.

I’ll be curious to see. The cupboard is pretty bare after this year. Bacot is a nice recruit and Anthony is a sure OAD but is that enough to replace an entire roster, especially with Roy’s system? UNC had a rare combo of players lost to graduation and draft. Their bench was not much stronger than ours. And they don’t recruit nearly as well as we do in order to handle that kind of turnover. I expected them to be down this year and they weren’t. But eventually it has to catch up with them.

I’ll be curious to see. The cupboard is pretty bare after this year. Bacot is a nice recruit and Anthony is a sure OAD but is that enough to replace an entire roster, especially with Roy’s system? UNC had a rare combo of players lost to graduation and draft. Their bench was not much stronger than ours. And they don’t recruit nearly as well as we do in order to handle that kind of turnover. I expected them to be down this year and they weren’t. But eventually it has to catch up with them.

I think Brooks and Bacot can be a pretty formidable front line. Manley as a key reserve. Now with Anthony, they have their alpha. That's what they were missing. I expect Woods and Robinson to make a leap and become serviceable. When I said top 10, I was using the assumption they will add at least one more piece....likely a grad transfer.

Reactions: timo0402

Top 10 is a bit of a stretch IMO. I think they'll be decent, but around the 15-20 range. Other than Cole, who does UNC have? Cole seems to be the only major threat for the heels next season. This will be very similar to the Oklahoma team that featured Trae Young. Fun to watch, but very ball dominant. I wouldn't be surprised to see a very similar outcome. I'm projecting the Heels to lose 8-12 games next season.

Last edited:
Reactions: dukesince91
I would love nothing more, but don't get your hopes up. They will be good this year and probably next year too.

I mean they got blew out in the Sweet 16 and benefitted from an easy conference schedule and played against a Zion-less Duke team twice in the regular season. Coby was a more willing passer than Anthony. Anthony is more elite than White. Coby also benefitted from playing with experienced talent. Anthony won’t have that luxury.

I mean they got blew out in the Sweet 16 and benefitted from an easy conference schedule and played against a Zion-less Duke team twice in the regular season. Coby was a more willing passer than Anthony. Anthony is more elite than White. Coby also benefitted from playing with experienced talent. Anthony won’t have that luxury.

Exactly, they'll be decent and compete, however, I wouldn't expect them to be as good as last season and that team was close to losing 10+ games, however, UNC got lucky when it came to Duke (Zion injury) and benefited from a cupcake ACC schedule.

Reactions: Quavarius
we need another grad transfer or to land Precious
put-precious-in-the-basket_zpsulmbwcje.jpg

Cole is nice. Going to be a really good college player next year. Great fit for UNC next year with White gone. Looking forward to Tre and Cole going nose to nose next year.

Reactions: HonkeyT
yeah, great pickup for them. He'll do really well in that system and will be a problem. Again, I feel like he will by himself win and lose games for them based on shot selection since he'll have the green light - guess you could say the same thing about anyone. But yeah, he's going to do well there.

I agree, but I think with Maye, Williams, and mainly Johnson, who you really couldn't play off of, really helped. We will see who steps up to help him and Bacot.

Huge recruit for them. I've thought he's the best player in that class for awhile.

He'll put up a minimum of 19 and 6--more likely 22 and 7 or so--but will be capable of 40 and 10 in any game. I hate to admit it but his game has no obvious ceiling.

No idea how the rest of their guys will be though. Overall we're significantly more talented at the moment.

Reactions: Laettshow
Huge recruit for them. I've thought he's the best player in that class for awhile.

He'll put up a minimum of 19 and 6--more likely 22 and 7 or so--but will be capable of 40 and 10 in any game. I hate to admit it but his game has no obvious ceiling.

No idea how the rest of their guys will be though. Overall we're significantly more talented at the moment.

He will put up numbers, but outside of him, UNC doesn't have a go to guy, just role players. I'll take a second year Tre Jones all day long.

Reactions: springsportster
They won’t recover from those sports coats.
Interesting point. What would you guys wear if you were a head coach? You could go Buzz Williams with the vest. Roy and the plaid. K and the classic blue or black suit. Knight and the sweater. Brey and the mock turtleneck (no way.)

I kinda dig the retro plaid sport coats actually. I may throw in some bellbottoms or polyester pants though. It's a shame Roy has ruined the look though

Last edited:
Reactions: DukeDenver
Interesting point. What would you guys wear if you were a head coach? You could go Buzz Williams with the vest. Roy and the plaid. K and the classic blue or black suit. Knight and the sweater. Brey and the mock turtleneck (no way.)

I kinda dig the retro plaid sport coats actually. I may throw in some bellbottoms or polyester pants though. It's a shame Roy has ruined the look though
Sweatpants, hoodie, sandals with socks.

Here's what I foresee.

Starters:
Cole Anthony, Fr
Brandon Robinson, Sr
Leaky Black, So
Garrison Brooks, Jr
Armando Bacot, Fr

Key Reserves:
Seventh Woods, Sr
Anthony Harris, Fr
Justin Pierce, Gr (Willam & Mary)
Sterling Manley, Jr

Rest of 'em:
Francis, Platek, Huffman

Anthony could easily average 20 points per game. Robinson and Black had good shooting percentages. We should expect improvement from those two. Pierce is a very versatile forward (still looking at Michigan & Notre Dame, as well). Not sure who their #2 option will be? Maybe Bacot? They have question marks, no question. But they also have arguably the most talented player in the ACC. Right now I'm thinking maybe a 4 seed.

It was a done deal that he picked cheater u. What will be interesting is if hof coach roy williams picks up anyone else who can contribute. OFC

Last edited:

Boxers, a tie, flip flops. That’s it.

Reactions: DukeDenver
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT