ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Mike Krzyzewski draws up game winning plays like a GOD.

tenor.gif

Great play call at the end. Obviously for the execution of it, knowing full well that they would key in on RJ, great screen by Jack to get Cam wide open. It not only shows confidence in Cam, it proves to Cam that we count on him and trust him. Cam rewards the call buy “stonesing” that jumper.

I think hitting a wide open shot is even harder. I would have to think you are in your own head as you're about to release the ball in that situation, rather than thinking about a defender.

Reactions: Quavarius
When that shot went through hole, if you saw the big yesssss and grin on K's face, my money says the majority of that grin was not for the win, but for the fact his faith in Cam paid off! Thank you K for showing your faith in Cam.
Go Duke!
OFC

I just hope EVERYONE has the same faith in ALL of our players through their struggles.

I think K not only knows basketball enough to determine whats needed at a particular moment, he knows how to look at a kid and make him CONFIDENT he's going to do what is needed. It's a beautiful thing.

I think K not only knows basketball enough to determine whats needed at a particular moment, he knows how to look at a kid and make him CONFIDENT he's going to do what is needed. It's a beautiful thing.

Cam will be able to tell this story over and over again. It will go down in Duke lore and another story K can tell to recruits about “trust.”

Found a quick vid of the final shot and just sat there and hit the replay icon like 90 times , each time watching a different player and his reaction. So GOOD. Coach looked at Nolan and said WOW. Man this was just as good as it gets for me.

Great play call at the end. Obviously for the execution of it, knowing full well that they would key in on RJ, great screen by Jack to get Cam wide open. It not only shows confidence in Cam, it proves to Cam that we count on him and trust him. Cam rewards the call buy “stonesing” that jumper.

Good point about Jack White..Even though hes encountered some difficulties in his shooting this week, he still does the little Things for this team that may not show up in box score. Really glad you pointed that out! Really when you think about it all 5 guys did their jobs to perfecton on that in bounds deciding play!

OFC

Reactions: timo0402
Coaching greatness at its finest. Enjoy it and let the haters cry.

Last night after the game I was walking into a restaurant and as I was walking to the door two Chodes decked out in UNC gear walked out and they looked my way and saw me and of course I was rocking a Duke hat and shirt and we briefly made eye contact and a shit eating grin spread across my liips and they quickly looked away. The pain on their faces was priceless and I ate that shit up. True story, perfect timing

Found a quick vid of the final shot and just sat there and hit the replay icon like 90 times , each time watching a different player and his reaction. So GOOD. Coach looked at Nolan and said WOW. Man this was just as good as it gets for me.

I did the same thing!!! I loved watching each players reaction!
And I also liked the look on K's face she RJ missed the shot at the end that he was fouled on....can't read his mind, but I got the feeling he wanted it for RJ much more than he wanted the basket

The one sideline behind the Duke bench replay that someone posted in another thread shows the Duke bench jumping out of their seats as soon as Cam gets the pass. They were celebrating before he even took the shot!!!

It looks like to me he said " be ready". I am not an expert on lip reading, just my take.

I’m not gonna lie, I had no confidence we were gonna score on the last play. Our under the basket inbounds plays up until that point had been rough. We were literally just heaving the ball past half court on them.

I’m not gonna lie, I had no confidence we were gonna score on the last play. Our under the basket inbounds plays up until that point had been rough. We were literally just heaving the ball past half court on them.

I didn’t think Jones would be able to inbound the ball with a 7’6” tube man jumping and waving around in front of him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT