ADVERTISEMENT

Christian Laettner Interview on Dan Patrick.Great Stuff

youngman42

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Jan 27, 2003
This was a tremendous interview.

Great questions from Dan, and Christian was such a class act. I really feel bad for the negativity that his family feels.

What a great competitor. But, also a very mature person. I think this was one of the best interviews ever on Dan Patrick and he's had some great interviews.

Enjoy.

DP & Christian Laettner

Great interview. I think my favorite part was at the end when he talked about enjoying Musky fishing in Kentucky and then about how he would feel comfortable visiting Louisville because of the fact that the people in Louisville would be okay with him visiting because Duke beat Kentucky. lol

This post was edited on 3/11 11:45 PM by DiehardDukeFan4Life

As much as I love JJ and Johnny D Laettner is was and always will be my favorite Duke player. Great interview

Watching him on Sportcenter right now. Thank God for WatchESPN.

I enjoyed that piece very much. Christian and Dan are two of my favorites and wow it brought back some great memories.
I liked the part where was it the pass or was it the shot. Had to have both for it to work.

Finally was able to sit down and watch this. I encourage everyone to check it out....especially the younger fans.

Great interview!

An absolutely fantastic interview. I could watch that shot a million times and I think a big reason behind that is the fact that "THE SHOT" is what sealed the deal in my becoming a Duke Blue Devil fan. The crazy thing is that when "the shot" actually happened i wasn't watching it, instead i was listening to it on the radio in the back of our old crappy Chevette. If ur wondering why i was listening rather than watching there are a couple reasons why, the first of which is that we (my mom and two brothers) were at my grandmothers house in Frankfort KY almost an hour & a half from where we lived in Louisville. Since we were rooting for Duke my granny MADE us watch it in a different room, and whats even crazier then that is the fact that my own grandmother right before halftime told us either we cheered for UK or we would have to leave... So my mother and her three sons, myself (8 yrs old) and my brothers (ages 7 & 4) piled in that Chevette and listened to the game on the radio all the way home. We pulled into the parking lot just before overtime. Which brings us to the second reason as to why i was listening instead of watching and that's because at that point in time mom was a single mom with three young kids and we lived in a government subsidized housing project and didn't have the money for cable, so we all just sat there and listened, shew & boy lemme tell ya when we heard the call as the shot hit me and my middle brother hopped out of the car hootin n hollerin as my mom just screamed & whistled (the 4 year old wasn't old enuff to REALLY understand but he participated also). And ever since then my heart & soul has been filled with Duke Basketball. I can honestly say that over the past almost quarter century it has been one of very few things that has always been a bright spot in my life, win or lose, because from the fans to the players, and up to the coacb the positivity of the program has always brought me joy no matter what. So i think thats why i enjoy anything and everything that has to do with "The Shot", because of ripple effect it caused in my life. Lol sorry for the lack of brevity & for rambling.

Originally posted by diehardDUKIEnKY:
An absolutely fantastic interview. I could watch that shot a million times and I think a big reason behind that is the fact that "THE SHOT" is what sealed the deal in my becoming a Duke Blue Devil fan. The crazy thing is that when "the shot" actually happened i wasn't watching it, instead i was listening to it on the radio in the back of our old crappy Chevette. If ur wondering why i was listening rather than watching there are a couple reasons why, the first of which is that we (my mom and two brothers) were at my grandmothers house in Frankfort KY almost an hour & a half from where we lived in Louisville. Since we were rooting for Duke my granny MADE us watch it in a different room, and whats even crazier then that is the fact that my own grandmother right before halftime told us either we cheered for UK or we would have to leave... So my mother and her three sons, myself (8 yrs old) and my brothers (ages 7 & 4) piled in that Chevette and listened to the game on the radio all the way home. We pulled into the parking lot just before overtime. Which brings us to the second reason as to why i was listening instead of watching and that's because at that point in time mom was a single mom with three young kids and we lived in a government subsidized housing project and didn't have the money for cable, so we all just sat there and listened, shew & boy lemme tell ya when we heard the call as the shot hit me and my middle brother hopped out of the car hootin n hollerin as my mom just screamed & whistled (the 4 year old wasn't old enuff to REALLY understand but he participated also). And ever since then my heart & soul has been filled with Duke Basketball. I can honestly say that over the past almost quarter century it has been one of very few things that has always been a bright spot in my life, win or lose, because from the fans to the players, and up to the coacb the positivity of the program has always brought me joy no matter what. So i think thats why i enjoy anything and everything that has to do with "The Shot", because of ripple effect it caused in my life. Lol sorry for the lack of brevity & for rambling.
That was a great story! I enjoyed reading that. I did have to laugh at the Chevette. My sister and I shared one in high school. A white four speed. We beat the crap out of that thing.

Am I the only one who still gets a little nervous when watching Laettners shot from that game?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT