ADVERTISEMENT

Cash to the NBA

Go get it young man...his leaving is a no brainer!!!!...Cash$ aka "YoungFlight"

If Hurt leaves could be the youngest Duke team ever or close to it. Hopefully that doesnt happen. Best of luck to Cassius. I enjoyed watching him play.

Best of luck to the young man! Thank you for everything, Cash!

Cassius will probably go first round. He has some good film and his athleticism will be an asset in the league. He has good film on defense this year as well.

Good luck, we will all miss your hops Stanley! I hope you realize your dreams in the league!

I’m sure I’ll get ripped for saying this but I just don’t understand some of these kids jumping to the league when they do. Cash is a nice athlete but he’s nowhere near ready for the nba. I’ll say the same for Tre. It’s their life so it is what it is but it just makes me miss the old days of college basketball.

Reactions: Jperry1987
I’m sure I’ll get ripped for saying this but I just don’t understand some of these kids jumping to the league when they do. Cash is a nice athlete but he’s nowhere near ready for the nba. I’ll say the same for Tre. It’s their life so it is what it is but it just makes me miss the old days of college basketball.
Hopefully the nba/college gets a rule because I agree. The roster turnover every year gets so old. We don’t have the luxury of Roy who somehow gets his guys back

Hopefully the nba/college gets a rule because I agree. The roster turnover every year gets so old. We don’t have the luxury of Roy who somehow gets his guys back

Sadly, I agree. I wish them the best because it's their life and dream. But, I miss the days of watching guys grow into their roles over several years and then seeing them succeed. The 2010 and 2013 were the last two teams I can think of that we saw this with. I still believe if we win the ACC tourney in 2013 things are different. Duke and Louisville were the two best teams that year. We just happen to be in the same region and then Kevin Ware broke his leg. The rest is history.

Sadly, I agree. I wish them the best because it's their life and dream. But, I miss the days of watching guys grow into their roles over several years and then seeing them succeed. The 2010 and 2013 were the last two teams I can think of that we saw this with. I still believe if we win the ACC tourney in 2013 things are different. Duke and Louisville were the two best teams that year. We just happen to be in the same region and then Kevin Ware broke his leg. The rest is history.

Missing the old days where players stayed longer is being made all the more painful as they rerun the past national championships and NCAA games.....while we have nothing else to watch. It drives home how much the game has changed.....even the play and refereeing is different. Fun and painful to watch at the same time!

Man it really really sucks that Cassius is leaving. Was hoping he would stick around, but I don’t blame him at all for his decision to go to the NBA. Gonna miss his highlight reel dunks at Duke. Best of luck to him!!

It's definitely frustrating watching some guys leave who you feel would benefit from another season, or seasons. I don't think anybody denies that. Had we won a championship in 2018 or 2019 I don't think it would be as upsetting....but we didn't.

Listen....people are going to whine regardless. From 2007 to 2009 it was hard being Duke fan, partly because we weren't a serious national contender and because UNC was the cream of the crop. Right now, with the exception of 2016, I think it's safe to say we were national title contenders five of the last six years if we're being completely honest with one another. Sure, some of those teams had deficiencies, but I think we went into every game knowing we had a really good chance to win.

How would this board handle a season like UNC just had? I don't want to experience it, but it would be ugly. It's fun having expectations....but it's heartbreaking when they're not met. Even still, give me a chance.

It is frustrating from a fan standpoint because with Cash I think Duke has a great argument for preseason #1 and is a clear favorite, and now winning at the highest level becomes a much tougher task.

But it is impossible to fault a good kid for following a dream he has had since birth - and becoming extremely wealthy in the process. He was all-in every second he was at Duke, and represented the school and team incredibly well, and that is all you can ask for in today's day and age. The revolving door can be frustrating, but these are the times.

I think not having a draft combine this year is REALLY going to hurt Cassius‘ draft stock.. I’m sure he could move up a few spots if they had his combine stats on paper compared to others.

I think with Hurt and Moore back well be ok. 2 out of 4 macdonalds all americans back for a second year is all you can hope for these days. On second though Cash did not make that game. 2 out of 3 would be nice.

For all the people who keep saying he’s not ready. He can develop (probably better) in the G league than he can at Duke. And get paid to do it. The only business reason to come back would be if he can significantly improve his draft stock by doing so or if there’s a possibility he wouldn’t make a G League roster. I don’t think either of those are options.

If the NCAA gets a solid NIL rule in place, suddenly it makes a lot of sense for guys like Cassius and even Vern to spend an extra year or two in college.

I had an especially busy past Winter and was planning to bunker down the final stretch with Duke coverage. Instead I feel I barely could pick out this kid Stanley on a roster sheet. Saw him play a handful of times, in a supporting role. NBA? Welp, good luck barely knew you.

Good luck Cash and thanks for stopping by.

So you guys don't remember Corey Maggette, Frank Jackson, Trevon Duval, or Gary Trent Jr? Weird. I've been following since the 80's and somehow remember all of these guys extremely well.
Frank Jackson is a fair comparison. The others were part of successful teams in the Tournament. This opportunity was taken from Stanley.

Reactions: Mpm277
Duval would have been really good as a sophomore. Jackson as well. Maggette would have been a monster in year 2.

I honestly don't remember much of Frank Jackson's game, no.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT