ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina Colleagues

RanDEVILman

All Conference
Jan 13, 2014
I know many of you, especially NC folks, have to deal with colleagues who are UNC fans. At lunch today one of these guys asked me, somewhat incredulously, "Is Grayson Allen really Dukes best player?" I responded, "Yes. Absolutely." He shook his head and said "wow." I replied, "He'd be the best player on UNC right now too." Of course this led to an argument about Marcus Paige's crunch time merits. To be surprised that Allen is Duke's best player just seems ignorant to me. Its as if he's not averaging 20 points a game against legit competition or something. I'm sure there are other stories of Tarheel ignorance out there as well.

Reactions: pisgah101
Visited my brother in Charlotte this past summer & met his Unc alum neighbor. This Southern "gentleman" noted that K is pure evil & a disgrace due to the language he uses on the floor. My reply "don't be jealous b-c your legendary coach is a footnote in ACC history with K's dominance".

I sarcastically asked if Roy renting property to a former player selling drugs or steering players into phony courses of study were Carolina Way principles.

Thought the guy was going to have a coronary. I just waltzed away. Those southern Unc fans seeth at K and title #5 sent them over the edge.

Allen>Paige and I don't really think it's close.. Paige is a good player but it's comical they see him as a superstar. When he comes back and Maryland beats them THR will be more tattered then after most loses

Allen>Paige and I don't really think it's close.. Paige is a good player but it's comical they see him as a superstar. When he comes back and Maryland beats them THR will be more tattered then after most loses
I don't think it's close either Pisgah. And when a sophomore Allen wins ACC poy over preseason pick Paige, the meltdown will begin.

OFC

The questions remains... is a sophomore Allen better than a junior Meeks? Or even a Sophomore Meeks for that matter?

I think a freshman high school Meeks was better than a senior Mason Plumlee. OFC

Oh you mean The University of North Carolina. When I first saw the thread I thought you meant South Carolina.:D OFC

I think the best way to distinguish between the two is to just simply call USC Carolina and UNC Cryrolina. :D OFC

Reactions: pisgah101
Visited my brother in Charlotte this past summer & met his Unc alum neighbor........

Dollars to doughnuts , the unx'er initiated all that too. They can't leave it alone. For some reason they have to announce their allegiance to that cheating cesspool ( AND denigrate whatever team you happen to like! ) BTW , you were polite to 'im. What you said as compared to what you COULD have said are two very different things. He should thank you for the consideration. lulz

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT