ADVERTISEMENT

Cal pretty much admits UK ducked the PK80 tourney.

Does he really "develop" players or does he merely take kids that might have gone to the NBA right out of HS and babysit them for a year?
He develops freshman more than anyone imo. He gets them playing as a team quickly.

You are on a Duke board trying to sell us on the SEC and CAL?

You told one of OUR posters that he obviously doesn't know what he is talking about.

what are you REALLY expecting to come here and accomplish?

We typically treat opposing fans better then your fanbase does at RR, but it is not clear at all to me what your purpose is here. I am betting your welcome is close to being worn out.

Reactions: DukeRulesBasketball
You are on a Duke board trying to sell us on the SEC and CAL?

You told one of OUR posters that he obviously doesn't know what he is talking about.

what are you REALLY expecting to come here and accomplish?

We typically treat opposing fans better then your fanbase does at RR, but it is not clear at all to me what your purpose is here. I am betting your welcome is close to being worn out.
I'm not trying to sell you on anything.
1. All I did was disagree. Maybe I have to fall in line but I don't just fall in line when I believe something different.
2. He didn't and some of your own posters posted to show he was wrong as well as me pointing out the improved rankings. The OOC wins also show improvements
3. Not trying to accomplish anything and was attacked and mocked. So I showed stats and simply gave an opinion. A few people here don't like opinions I guess but I never ragged on you team at all.
4. I guess honest discussion wears out welcomes.

I was actually surprised when I saw the SOS being about the same. I didn't expect it.

Yeah, and you showed up providing your opinion as fact and then requiring evidence to counter it. When we say we don't agree with you opinion, it's then an attack, not a difference of opinion in your eyes.

So here's the counter to your opinion. You say Cal has guts, but he deliberately didn't enter a tough tournament..because it may have been tough. Then you say he's terrific at developing talent over one year with no metric to base that on. Finally, you say he's great at getting young teams to work together, again, without any type of metric.

I get you're sticking up for your guy, but demanding clear metrics while providing none is not a convincing way of doing so. Also, the proof that K is better? 5 NCs to 1 + a questionable reputation. So please continue to argue your point, just don't expect Duke fans to agree simply because you think your opinions are accurate. Us disagreeing is not attacking, it's providing an alternate opinion.

Last edited:
I was actually surprised when I saw the SOS being about the same. I didn't expect it.

I wouldn't put too much stock into the strength of schedule at this point in time. Sample size is much too low. Case in point, look at the rankings of some of the opponents for Duke and Kentucky. According to the RPI Rankings, Utah Valley is the toughest team we've played so far this season.

Notable Opponents for Duke:
-Utah Valley (53)
-Michigan State (95)
-Texas (116)
-Florida (125)
-Indiana (177)

Kentucky's first 3 games:
-Utah Valley (53)
-Vermont (8)
-Kansas (5)

Yeah, and you showed up providing your opinion as fact and then requiring evidence to counter it. When we say we don't agree with you opinion, it's then an attack, not a difference of opinion in your eyes.

So here's the counter to your opinion. You say Cal has guts, but he deliberately didn't enter a tough tournament..because it may have been tough. Then you say he's terrific at developing talent over one year with no metric to base that on. Finally, you say he's great at getting young teams to work together, again, without any type of metric.

I get you're sticking up for your guy, but demanding clear metrics while providing none is not a convincing way of doing so. Also, the proof that K is better? 5 NCs to 1 + a questionable reputation. So please continue to argue your point, just don't expect Duke fans to agree simply because you think your opinions are accurate. Us disagreeing is not attacking, it's providing an alternate opinion.
I read every post and I never said Cal has guts. I will say I can't imagine any coach in the country afraid of playing games. It's what they do for a living. You run the teams the best you can. I trust him to do his job well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT