ADVERTISEMENT

Bryan antoine

With either RJ or Cole, the 2019 class should be a stellar class and one that is strong at every position unlike the last couple years that have either had a bunch of guards and wings or Power Forwards and Centers. You’ve got all the below players that we are heavily involved with:

PG - Anthony, Hampton, and Lecque
SG - Antoine, Scottie Lewis, and Girard
SF - Wendell Moore and Baker
PF - Stewart and Hurt
C - Carey and Bacot

There are obviously several OAD kids but you also have guys like Girard, Baker, Moore, Stewart, and Bacot that are all kids who would stay at least a 2-3 years which means not having to start over completely in 2020. That’s huge because several of the kids that we would be recruiting will go straight to the NBA.
I think Duke has cooled off on Bacot though. If we get Bryan Antoine, which sounds certain that we will, then I could see Scottie Lewis coming too. I have said it multiple times that those two seem inseparable. They have been taking all of their recruiting trips together also.

I think Duke has cooled off on Bacot though. If we get Bryan Antoine, which sounds certain that we will, then I could see Scottie Lewis coming too. I have said it multiple times that those two seem inseparable. They have been taking all of their recruiting trips together also.

Agree on Bacot but could see him as a back up option if we miss on Carey and/or Stewart.

IMO, Cole Anthony is an absolute stud and IS A TRUE COMBO/SCORING GUARD. Crazy offensive skills, shot, athleticism. Can very much exist and thrive off the ball. I hope he realizes he can and WILL play along any PG Duke would have, period! He is not a true college PG, more of a college combo guard/shooting guard and then can transition perfectly to NBA PG. HE is the Guard I think everybody would want.

Reactions: jnastasi

I don't think you will see Scottie Lewis at Duke.

Haven’t wanted a recruit a bad as I want Cole since Jabari Parker. IMO the next great nba point guard. He’s got everything.

IMO, Cole Anthony is an absolute stud and IS A TRUE COMBO/SCORING GUARD. Crazy offensive skills, shot, athleticism. Can very much exist and thrive off the ball. I hope he realizes he can and WILL play along any PG Duke would have, period! He is not a true college PG, more of a college combo guard/shooting guard and then can transition perfectly to NBA PG. HE is the Guard I think everybody would want.

The problem is Antoine and Lewis are both elite SGs and Duke will at least get one of them, and if Tre comes his Sophomore year or Hampton moves up into the 2019 class then there isn’t a spot for Anthony.

I don't think you will see Scottie Lewis at Duke.

That’s what I had heard for the last year (Duke only wanted Antoine and not Lewis), but Duke has been reaching out to him a lot lately.

The problem is Antoine and Lewis are both elite SGs and Duke will at least get one of them, and if Tre comes his Sophomore year or Hampton moves up into the 2019 class then there isn’t a spot for Anthony.

That’s what I had heard for the last year (Duke only wanted Antoine and not Lewis), but Duke has been reaching out to him a lot lately.

Duke has offered him, and recently had an in home with him. It's not that Duke wouldn't want him, I think it's more he doesn't fit with the other pieces we are bringing in. Florida, Nova, & UK are the top 3 for Lewis at this point with Duke outside looking in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT