ADVERTISEMENT

Bryan antoine

youknowit1

Starter
Sep 7, 2017
Evan daniels logged a pick for duke for him..if you know anything about evan he won't make a pick unless he knows. Strange because he's 2019 and he recently said he wants to decide in November. Now he turns 18 in a couple days and given his age he should be class of 2018 he's older than zion an rj. Is evan hinting at a reclassification?

Evan daniels logged a pick for duke for him..if you know anything about evan he won't make a pick unless he knows. Strange because he's 2019 and he recently said he wants to decide in November. Now he turns 18 in a couple days and given his age he should be class of 2018 he's older than zion an rj. Is evan hinting at a reclassification?
I think it’s strange also. When Evan makes a pick, I listen so that’s good news. Antoine has always been about Duke. Hopefully he can get Scottie Lewis to come too. They both seem inseparable.

I think it’s strange also. When Evan makes a pick, I listen so that’s good news. Antoine has always been about Duke. Hopefully he can get Scottie Lewis to come too. They both seem inseparable.

Don’t see Antoine coming in early and whether or not Scottie Lewis comes to Duke has always been our coaches decision. Originally, they weren’t high on him, but that seems to be changing. Could depend on what Tre Jones and Cole Anthony do.

I just don't see daniels making pick for a guy who wants to decide in November. He doesn't even have a list or made any official visits.

Don’t see Antoine coming in early and whether or not Scottie Lewis comes to Duke has always been our coaches decision. Originally, they weren’t high on him, but that seems to be changing. Could depend on what Tre Jones and Cole Anthony do.
I don’t see Antoine coming this season also, but it is pretty noteworthy to see Daniels CB Antoine this early to Duke! Antoine has always been pretty high on Duke! Maybe he makes his decision a lot sooner than November.

Last edited:

Would someone please give so bio info on him?

How do u feel about Carey? Carey and Antoine are probably the two players I want the most out of the 19 class.

We are in a really good spot with both Antoine and Carey, as well as Cole Anthony and Isiah Stewart. IMO, Antoine and Stewart (unless Matthew Hurt decides early to commit to Duke) are both locks. Think Carey ends up at Duke, and unless Tre Jones has a really big year, and still decides to stay at Duke, Anthony should end up at Duke. If Jones sticks around and Anthony goes elsewhere, wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t take a PG in the 2019 class and wait to take RJ Hampton in 2020.

We are in a really good spot with both Antoine and Carey, as well as Cole Anthony and Isiah Stewart. IMO, Antoine and Stewart (unless Matthew Hurt decides early to commit to Duke) are both locks. Think Carey ends up at Duke, and unless Tre Jones has a really big year, and still decides to stay at Duke, Anthony should end up at Duke. If Jones sticks around and Anthony goes elsewhere, wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t take a PG in the 2019 class and wait to take RJ Hampton in 2020.

Rj hampton is reclassifing to 2019, turns 18 in February. It's already in the works.

A backcourt of Anthony and Jones is the dream!

Rj hampton is reclassifing to 2019, turns 18 in February. It's already in the works.

Saw that as well but it sounded as though folks were just speculating because of his age and the chance to get additional exposure at a high profile college versus going straight to the NBA after OAD rule gets revoked in 2020.

A backcourt of Anthony and Jones is the dream!

Or Anthony/Hampton and Antoine.

Hmm.. first time I’m hearing about RJ Hampton. Don’t know squat about him, but I haven’t looked at the 2020 class either. Does Duke stand a chance with him?

What’s strange is Anthony got a Crystal Ball pick for UNC FWIW. I had no idea UNC was even pursuing him.

Hmm.. first time I’m hearing about RJ Hampton. Don’t know squat about him, but I haven’t looked at the 2020 class either. Does Duke stand a chance with him?

If he doesn’t go straight to the NBA, if the OAD rule is changed as expected by the 2020 class, then Duke leads for him. He was at Countdown to Craziness last year and was the only prospect K and staff watched on Sunday in Dallas. As mentioned before, think we get 2 of the following 3:

- Tre Jones stays for his Sophomore year and that pushes Anthony elsewhere
- Cole Anthony comes to Duke in 2019 w/ Jones going pro
- RJ Hampton comes to Duke in 2020

Reactions: DukeRulesBasketball
Def more than just speculation regarding Hampton. I full expect him to reclassify to 2019.

Reactions: Laettner15
How’s our chance with him if he does reclass vs staying in 2020 class?

From a Duke perspective, it would be best for him to stay in 2020. The guard situation could be tricky if Tre Jones returns for a second year. I expect Duke to sign Antoine, so we would have Jones & Antoine on board and still trying to convince one of Jalen Lecque (if he stays in 2019), Cole Anthony, and RJ Hampton to join as well.

Hampton likes Duke and we would have great shot, but I think Cole Anthony is option A at this point. Which is why it would be better for Hampton to stay in 2020 so we didn't have to choose.

From a Duke perspective, it would be best for him to stay in 2020. The guard situation could be tricky if Tre Jones returns for a second year. I expect Duke to sign Antoine, so we would have Jones & Antoine on board and still trying to convince one of Jalen Lecque (if he stays in 2019), Cole Anthony, and RJ Hampton to join as well.

Hampton likes Duke and we would have great shot, but I think Cole Anthony is option A at this point. Which is why it would be better for Hampton to stay in 2020 so we didn't have to choose.
I did notice Cole Anthony had a Crystal Ball pick recently for UNC. I thought it was strange because I had no idea UNC was even looking at Anthony.

Let’s hope he stays in the 2020 class.

I did notice Cole Anthony had a Crystal Ball pick recently for UNC. I thought it was strange because I had no idea UNC was even looking at Anthony.
UNC looks at every top recruit until:
a) Roy turns them down
b) the recruit gets a "handler"
c) they don't exhibit the Carolina Way
d) all of the above
e) not finny

IDK. It is widely expected that the 2020 class will be allowed to go straight to the pros out of HS. We might have a commit that never sets foot on campus. 6-5ish, good to elite athleticism, good shooter....
I can agree but It would suck at the same time to see a player that really likes Duke only to reclass and not pick Duke because someone in his same position already committed to us.

Rj hampton will be in the 2020 nba draft. Just a matter if he wants to be a senior in hs or freshmen in college.

How’s our chance with him if he does reclass vs staying in 2020 class?

Actually think our chances would be better if he joins the 2019 class from a pure standpoint of him likely going straight to the NBA after high school if he stays in 2020 class. Also, it would make sense that Anthony is possibly looking elsewhere because he has been told Hampton would be our 2019 PG.

Did a deep dive on Bryan Antoine and RJ Hampton’s highlight tapes, I really really really want these guys wearing a Duke uniform.

Did a deep dive on Bryan Antoine and RJ Hampton’s highlight tapes, I really really really want these guys wearing a Duke uniform.

With either RJ or Cole, the 2019 class should be a stellar class and one that is strong at every position unlike the last couple years that have either had a bunch of guards and wings or Power Forwards and Centers. You’ve got all the below players that we are heavily involved with:

PG - Anthony, Hampton, and Lecque
SG - Antoine, Scottie Lewis, and Girard
SF - Wendell Moore and Baker
PF - Stewart and Hurt
C - Carey and Bacot

There are obviously several OAD kids but you also have guys like Girard, Baker, Moore, Stewart, and Bacot that are all kids who would stay at least a 2-3 years which means not having to start over completely in 2020. That’s huge because several of the kids that we would be recruiting will go straight to the NBA.

Reactions: jwill133
F) they rent from Enterprise and not Hertz
G) they won't take a bite of the nanner puddin'.

hqdefault.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT