ADVERTISEMENT

Bron was watching Duke and Zion all year

He won't sniff college imo...wants to play with his dad so why waste a year if you don't have too...if he is good enough that is...and if one and done rule is gone by then

He won't sniff college imo...wants to play with his dad so why waste a year if you don't have too...if he is good enough that is...and if one and done rule is gone by then
I thought I read somewhere they expect the OAD rule to be gone by 2021.

Good stuff:). I rather enjoy that show... it’s relatively rare to have an athlete in the modern day open enough to say/discuss some of the things LeBron discusses in that show.... most athletes are polished to the point of scrubbed clean nowadays, since any single comment can be taken and run with.

Reactions: Quavarius
Good stuff:). I rather enjoy that show... it’s relatively rare to have an athlete in the modern day open enough to say/discuss some of the things LeBron discusses in that show.... most athletes are polished to the point of scrubbed clean nowadays, since any single comment can be taken and run with.

Agreed!

When he talked about Zion's high school highlights being him dunking on a bunch of little white guys, I nearly burst out laughing, especially since you could tell from the way that he hesitated just a breath before he said it that he wasn't sure if it was okay to say:)

When he talked about Zion's high school highlights being him dunking on a bunch of little white guys, I nearly burst out laughing, especially since you could tell from the way that he hesitated just a breath before he said it that he wasn't sure if it was okay to say:)

Personally, I don't think there's nothing wrong with what Lebron said. However, would there been an issue if a white basketball player stated a white kid was dunking on a bunch of black kids??

That’s all UK fans told us last summer as well!

Personally, I don't think there's nothing wrong with what Lebron said. However, would there been an issue if a white basketball player stated a white kid was dunking on a bunch of black kids??

Wouldn’t have been any issue with me! Saying a white kid dunked on black kids isn’t racists.

Maybe, b/c come on, we all know no white kid is dunking on a bunch of black kids.

:eek:

In all seriousness, sure, b/c sometimes people are too sensitive about things, and with race being SUCH a touchy issue (especially nowadays, with that awareness being so noticeable among white Americans in particular) sometimes people get upset over something that they shouldn't get upset over. Let's face it, lots of people were watching Zion highlights thinking the exact same thing. I'm glad he was willing to say it, AND to leave it and not edit it out of a TV show he certainly has creative control over. People being more open and realistic is a plus, I think, for the most part.

There wasnt anything wrong with what he said IMO. I do think some would have an issue if it was a white athlete/celeb saying something similar. I personally don’t have an issue with it either way. The world is way too sensitive if you ask me.

What will upset some about his comments is what is implied by saying “little white boys”. It implies that the white athlete is inferior to the black athlete(which from a physical standpoint is absolutely correct on average). The truth is Zion dominated in high school because of his physical superiority. That superiority reigned supreme because his opponents were half his size, not because they were white. Some people will definitely take exception what he said because it wasn’t something that really affected his performance against high school competition.

There wasnt anything wrong with what he said IMO. I do think some would have an issue if it was a white athlete/celeb saying something similar. I personally don’t have an issue with it either way. The world is way too sensitive if you ask me.

What will upset some about his comments is what is implied by saying “little white boys”. It implies that the white athlete is inferior to the black athlete(which from a physical standpoint is absolutely correct on average). The truth is Zion dominated in high school because of his physical superiority. That superiority reigned supreme because his opponents were half his size, not because they were white. Some people will definitely take exception what he said because it wasn’t something that really affected his performance against high school competition.

We live in a sensitive world and all of you need to quit picking on me.:) OFC

LeBron is the next coach at Duke he’s just assuring K knows that when his son signs.

Reactions: hart2chesson
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT