ADVERTISEMENT

And now Malik Monk to UK as well.

Will Calipari ever reach 1000 wins? Does Coach K have vacated final fours or vacated wins?
The vacated stuff should be enough to NEVER mention them together. I actually think Cal is a good coach and he did a great job at halftime adjusting when I wasn't sure what adjustments we made but that doesn't in any way make cal in the same league as K

For what its worth..Duke is trending for Bolden again...2 Duke insiders picked him to come here yesterday. It's going to be UK/Duke 1a 1b again next year in recruiting classes.

Will probably be that way for quite some time ... why would a top recruit go anywhere else? UNC is what it is, Louisville has joined them as scum as well, Indiana is well ... LOL, UK and Duke are the 2 programs right now and the rest are just there.

Uk fans are thrilled to have their 2nd win over Duke since 1979. They can celebrate this November win and we can look up at our championship banner from April.

We could look at all 8 of ours ... just sayin'. But to word it like "Uk fans are thrilled to have their 2nd win over Duke since 1979" is pretty terrible, seeing as we still lead the all time series and we've played how many times since 1979? My guess without looking it up would be 5 or 6?

We could look at all 8 of ours ... just sayin'. But to word it like "Uk fans are thrilled to have their 2nd win over Duke since 1979" is pretty terrible, seeing as we still lead the all time series and we've played how many times since 1979? My guess without looking it up would be 5 or 6?
Duke and UK have played 9 times since 1979 with Duke winning 7 of those 9 games

Reactions: contrerasmjc
Duke and UK have played 9 times since 1979 with Duke winning 7 of those 9 games

Still not very surprising. 10 times in about 35 years, it's not like you all are mediocre. Sometimes a coach has your number, Coach K does a great job at just about every single aspect of coaching. It was worded to sound like it's our football team against Florida lol.

Not fer nuthin' but Monk had an offer from Roy too. Another whiff.
Don't you know that whenever a recruit doesn't choose NC it's because Roy didn't want to deal with his handlers ? At least that's what I get from the Carolina forum .

This thread turned in an unfortunately stupid direction.
Mark , I hope you let people know that there are lots of posters that treat you respectfully when you visit our board . And of course there are some jerks . For the record , I've been treated fairly when I visit here . I can't even talk basketball over on the heels board . They mostly just attack .

Mark , I hope you let people know that there are lots of posters that treat you respectfully when you visit our board . And of course there are some jerks . For the record , I've been treated fairly when I visit here . I can't even talk basketball over on the heels board . They mostly just attack .
Been treated very fairly at RR and have enjoyed posting there. Every fanbase has its jerks, unfortunately.

This board is always welcome to visitors that aren't here to troll and just want to talk hoops. Don't waste your time at THR. It's just a cesspool run by idiots.

Kentucky leads the all time series 12-9.

In all seriousness, how can UK really consider the titles prior to full integration of collegiate ball? I'm not flaming, but I really don't get it. Should UK not recognize them? No, but to hold those as a real title in today's discussion is somewhat off-base IMO.

Reactions: contrerasmjc
In all seriousness, how can UK really consider the titles prior to full integration of collegiate ball? I'm not flaming, but I really don't get it. Should UK not recognize them? No, but to hold those as a real title in today's discussion is somewhat off-base IMO.

Question, are Ruth and Gehrig's Yankees titles off base too?

I accept them as real titles, unlike the Helms titles, but I do think there should be more weight on what has happened recently. That goes for well after integration, too. As impressive as UCLA's dynasty was, basketball has become much more competitive with greater parity since. There is a reason Wooden and UCLA aren't unanimous #1s on lists of all-time greats.

unless its a helms, it counts. is what it is. in 100 years are the fans going to say the ones in this era don't count?

Reactions: pisgah101
I think they obviously count but u really can't say winning a tourney in the 40s or 50s when u start already in the sweet 16 or whatever the same as today's but it's very much a title. I just don't think that counts as much as they think when it comes to recruits minds

This thread is brutal. It is fun to play UK because it is a marquee match-up, but my goodness does it bring the idiots out in droves. It has been a very long time since this board was like this. I would suspect it was probably the last time the two teams played. They are an insecure bunch. I'll never understand the sentiment of delighting in looking like a moron.

Reactions: twdukefan
Yea I didn't think there could be a more moronic fanbase than the ones down the road, but my goodness they are making a strong case. Enjoy your wins in November and we'll enjoy ours in March.

OFC

Yea I didn't think there could be a more moronic fanbase than the ones down the road, but my goodness they are making a strong case.
To be fair, I don't think the most vocal/obnoxious ones posting over here are really representative of the entire fanbase. I've seen lots of sensible talk at Rupp Rafters about Duke. Mutual level of respect considering how both programs are dominating college basketball as of late.

Don't let the bad eggs fool you. We have some over here too...

One thing that is certain. No matter how many great recruiting classes both UK and Duke has and no matter how many more NCAA national championships both win neither will never ever have a Helms Trophy to hang in the rafters. :rolleyes: OFC

Of course they have some moronic fans, so do we. But one thing I do like about them is they are ready to talk hoops 24/7/365. That's why their board is great, especially during the off-season. They have a ton of nutjob homers, but thats ok, i dont mind that.

Nothing is compared to THR though. Those are some ridiculous spiteful hateful humans. Really embarrassing if i'm a diehard UNC fan and that is whos representing me.

Reactions: yoshukai
one thing I do like about them is they are ready to talk hoops 24/7/365. That's why their board is great, especially during the off-season.
Couldn't agree more. The heavy traffic over there helped fill in the quiet times on this board during the offseason. Also, timo, you should start posting on the national board. Nice contingent of Duke fans over there.

Weren't they still using peach baskets as goals when Adolph Rupp coached?

Reactions: Dattier and skysdad
Weren't they still using peach baskets as goals when Adolph Rupp coached?

Dirt and Heyman25 played their high school basketball with peach baskets. I know because I was the guy on the ladder taking the ball out of the basket. I got tired of the crap of getting knocked of the ladder, fans yelling at me for not getting the ball out of the basket quick enough. Some of the them I was keeping the ball in the basket to favor the home team when they scored to give them time to get back on defense. I finally had enough and cut the bottoms out of the baskets and I revolutionized the game and it hasn't been the same since. OFC

Dirt and Heyman25 played their high school basketball with peach baskets. I know because I was the guy on the ladder taking the ball out of the basket. I got tired of the crap of getting knocked of the ladder, fans yelling at me for not getting the ball out of the basket quick enough. Some of the them I was keeping the ball in the basket to favor the home team when they scored to give them time to get back on defense. I finally had enough and cut the bottoms out of the baskets and I revolutionized the game and it hasn't been the same since. OFC
Sky that is funny as it gets. You are a jewel. I always wondered why those baskets didn't break when players like Dirt and Heyman did monster dunks on them.

Kentucky fans will like our class better, Duke fans will like their class better. Kentucky and Duke will continue to kick azz in recruiting for the next 5 or 6 years. Both schools are going to be successful so i'm not sure why so many people want to argue silly things about the other. I don't know about you guys, but Kentucky vs Duke would make for the most watched championship game in history and would be great for the game. When Kentucky and Duke play, it's the most exciting game in basketball imo. I actually want Duke to be great along with Kentucky so we can meet up and make for a great title game.

Kentucky fans will like our class better, Duke fans will like their class better. Kentucky and Duke will continue to kick azz in recruiting for the next 5 or 6 years. Both schools are going to be successful so i'm not sure why so many people want to argue silly things about the other. I don't know about you guys, but Kentucky vs Duke would make for the most watched championship game in history and would be great for the game. When Kentucky and Duke play, it's the most exciting game in basketball imo. I actually want Duke to be great along with Kentucky so we can meet up and make for a great title game.

Too much emphasis on recruit's rating and not enough of how a coach filled his needs.
Of course, one can be at the top in both ratings.......

Good post, but I will say about that bold bit that I'm only aware of the former who will argue it indignantly on the other's board.

Sky that is funny as it gets. You are a jewel. I always wondered why those baskets didn't break when players like Dirt and Heyman did monster dunks on them.

Thanks gotta. To this day I will not climb a ladder. K-Ville don't care for them either and the reason those peach baskets didn't break on those Heyman25?Dirt dunks is because of another innovation of mine which was the break away peach basket. A short bungee cord did the trick which was another of my innovations. OFC

Thanks gotta. To this day I will not climb a ladder. K-Ville don't care for them either and the reason those peach baskets didn't break on those Heyman25?Dirt dunks is because of another innovation of mine which was the break away peach basket. A short bungee cord did the trick which was another of my innovations. OFC
I have this vision in my mind of Dirt flying through the air in a gym about to slam a ball into a peach basket that you are trying to defend but you forgot to remove the peaches.

Reactions: skysdad
For those who say the trophies under Adolph Rupp were easier to win are wrong. When Rupp coached you had to win your league to be admitted to the tournament, today they allow 64 teams, if anything the Tournament today has been watered down.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT