ADVERTISEMENT

All-ACC Teams, POY and COY

dukiejay

Mar 2, 2005
Minneapolis
The regular season is officially over this afternoon....so let's hear what everyone thinks in a new thread.

I think it's a crime if Quinn isn't first-team. He's been unreal the past month.

I'll chime in with my picks later.

We have 3 guys who have had first-team seasons. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll get more than two, and maybe not more than one. I can't pick 5, but I think the candidates are

Jahlil, Quinn, and Tyus
Jerian Grant
Anderson and Brogdon (thought it was interesting that a UVA site had JA second-team and Gill and Brogdon first-team; I don't see Gill anywhere near first-team, though I think he's a very good player)
Christmas
Rozier and Harrell
Hanlan

Maybe some others, of course. I'm not as bullish on the Louisville guys. I like Grant and Christmas, and the other three spots should, I think, go to some subset of the Duke/UVA guys. Just for fun, imagine those 10 players above in a tournament against the other all-league teams. That'd be a bad-ass squad.

Several good players are going to get left off 1st team. I do not favor going to a 15 man All ACC team though that has been discussed here and there over the years.

Okafor
Grant
Christmas
Brogdon
Harrell

Cook
Anderson
T Jones
Hanlan
Paige

COY, Bennett
POY, Okafor

I've changed my mind, I still think without a doubt Anderson was right there with Okafor for POY when he went down but he only played half the games so I knocked him down to 2nd team.

I really struggled putting Paige on 2nd, he's always been good but something was missing this season from him. I do not think it was the foot injury at all.

Paige had an outstanding season last year. But I think he snuck up on a lot of people. This season he was the focal point of opposing defenses and it kind of showed. Add to that he doesn't have a consistent go-to second option and it's made life a bit more tough on him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT