ADVERTISEMENT

Devils Illustrated ACC Pick’em Challenge

dukiejay

Mar 2, 2005
Minneapolis
This is something we’ve done the last two years and it’s been pretty fun. I’m fine running it again if folks are still interested in participating. It would be great if we could get over 20 guys or gals every week. I think the first year we had about 13 regulars and jumped up to 17 or 18 last season.

Here are the rules and how it works....

I'll select six ACC games per week and you pick the winners. Here's the caveat, you select them in your order of probability....meaning from six (your highest probability) down to one (your lowest probability). Then, based off that you get your score.

Let's say, for example, these are the games for the week....Duke-BC, UNC-GT, Clem-VT, Miami-Pitt, State-Cuse and FSU-Wake. If I feel most strongly about Duke beating BC, then that's my #6 game. If I pick correctly, I get six points. If I miss it I get zero. Then it works the same as you stagger the games down from five to one. If you have a week where you pick all six games correctly you can earn as many as 21 points (42 points on double-points weeks....see below). Make sense?

Your picks, for my sanity, look like this, for example....

(6) Duke over BC
(5) UNC over GT
(4) Clem over VT
(3) Miami over Pitt
(2) State over Cuse
(1) FSU over Wake

We'd keep a cumulative season total and the winner can get a thread proclaiming himself as the greatest ACC basketball mind on the board where we all bow to his/her graces....or something like that.

Here are weeks (10 total) it would run....

Dec 30-31
January 1-7
January 8-14
January 15-21
January 22-28
January 29-February 4
February 5-11
February 12-18
February 19-25
February 26-March 4

Each week I’ll post two threads....one for the games that week where you’ll make your picks, and another with the updated standings. For two weeks over the course of the season (it will be each of the weeks we play UNC) you will be required to email me your picks, rather than putting them on the board. These two weeks are also double-points weeks, where you pick based off 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 and 2 points. I’ll make sure to post everyone’s picks for that week in the weekly thread prior to the first game. I’ll also send my picks those weeks to @timo0402 and @dukehokie to avoid any funny business.

We have a lot of new posters this year....great way to jump in, interact, talk smart and have some fun.

What does everyone think?

Reactions: pisgah101
This is something we’ve done the last two years and it’s been pretty fun. I’m fine running it again if folks are still interested in participating. It would be great if we could get over 20 guys or gals every week. I think the first year we had about 13 regulars and jumped up to 17 or 18 last season.

Here are the rules and how it works....
No question - looking forward to playing again this year.

I'll give it a try. I was so bad at gambling years ago, my bookie sent me a Christmas card, so I don't expect to win.

Reactions: pisgah101
In and I'm going to have all my picks after timo and I'll copy him so he can't make fun of me anymore :p

Reactions: timo0402
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT