ADVERTISEMENT

2nd Chance from RJ's Attitude

This board does have a number of overly defensive, easily offended, PC posters

Hm, see, I don't see much of that. I DO see some people who will defend Duke and Duke players and coaches, and I also think there are certain people who push back against what sometimes comes off as knee-jerk reactions rather than thought-out points... and some of that is DEFINITELY valid. There are fans (myself included) who will sometimes get very upset at something and make big, blanket, definitive statements ("God, Zoubek sucks!") without seeming to realize that our understanding of the program, the players, and the coaches is truthfully rather limited compared to the understanding of the actual players or coaching staff. I certainly don't see "PC" as an issue... what, did someone say "I prefer our black uniforms" and someone else told them to call them our "African American" uniforms? That's an odd charge.

Last edited:
Looking forward to tonight's game. Don't forget the arrowhead sharpening meeting tonight guys, dukehokie you're responsible for the bon fire tonight.
Thought you were putting Ipsy as the fire starter? Not so sure I'll be there, but I'm sure the fire department will.

Let me try again, because I really did walk away from the boards after my post. Not everyone posts on a daily basis. I really have been a Duke fan since 91. My name is Chris Rudder and I live in Asheville, NC. I have no fear of being known in the slightest.

I LOVE Duke more than almost anything. And that may breed why I don't post much, I don't want to compete for exposure on topics that get brought up regularly. But I've noticed that there is literally more discussion about Duke on rupp rafters than here, or TDD or DBR. That is sad. Reddit is the next best option for Duke content, and that is some soft-cock jerk-off shit if I've ever seen them. I scour the boards for ANY Duke content to absorb. (I am even sad that ic isn't providing much Duke content, usually my favorite).

I'm sorry that my post didn't sunshine-pump the team the way that you expected a "new" poster to post. I just thought I would bring up a discussion on a Duke board that caught my eye. Most everything else is always brought up and I love the discussions. I just hoped that my discussion topic would have been a new perspective, not necessarily a negative one, but one worth discussing. I don't have any idea how it would have alluded to a pattern of behavior for RJ, or a reason of true concern.

I apologize for my reaction, but I am very VERY offended by the accusation of being a "troll". I think it is the laziest and lowest form of dissension from an internet forum. I should not have reacted the way I did, but I was pissed, and responded in a more real-world way, even though that is useless.

My favorite player of all time is Trajan Langdon. I used to watch the great Alaskan Assassin with the greatest of respect and tried my whole life to shoot like him. I grew up in Charlotte, NC and was bullied by a punk who wore a backwards unc hat everyday and learned that Duke and unc were rivals. Since that realization in 1st grade, I have loved every single player and moment of Duke history. Greatest decision I've ever made. If you still think I am a troll, so be it. Just because someone doesn't post (or doesn't post positively; see my kenpom post on TDD) then you win. And I would suggest all lurkers to avoid posting.

Your good ol' boy's club mentality isn't healthy. This isn't supposed to be the cesspool that is ic or rr. This is supposed to be a place of constant and healthy discussion. Whether positive or not, whether by newbies or old farts. Again, I apologize for my reaction.

I have seen incredible body language by RJ in the past two games. These dudes are beautiful to watch. I will love the Devils til the day I die whether you all approve or not.

No offense, but it did get 3,500 views. What did YOU get on your first post?

/rant

Sucks to hear you've been getting punked since the first grade. Did the bully with the backwards Carolina hat happen to go by the name of Guru Gary? That bastard has had a mob for years, and your story sounds like he was involved.

This board does have a number of overly defensive, easily offended, PC posters who take things way too seriously about any criticism of Duke or K or its players. It easily becomes too defensive, jr. high drama queenish...
I can take or leave this description, except for the "PC" part. Hardly anyone here is "PC."

Sums it up there. The pit of the state. It has to ruin my beautiful WNC

C'mon Pisgah, Asheville is on the top ten of about every list in the country. Everyone is moving here and it sucks for us true locals. It is God's country though. Besides let's not get going on the smell in Canton. Lol. Seriously though the OP needs to too not take this stuff so serious.

How many people looked dude up on FB? Lol. I did since I live in Asheville myself. There is a Chris Rudder on there showing an Asheville location but he only has 37 friends so it's a little fishy. Not that I really care I had to look though

Last edited:
How many people looked dude up on FB? Lol. I did since I live in Asheville myself. There is a Chris Rudder on their showing an Asheville location but he only has 37 friends so it's a little fishy. Not that I really care I had to look though

Yep! And I saw his posts on TDD too:)

Reactions: BD Warrior
Let me try again, because I really did walk away from the boards after my post. Not everyone posts on a daily basis. I really have been a Duke fan since 91. My name is Chris Rudder and I live in Asheville, NC. I have no fear of being known in the slightest.

I LOVE Duke more than almost anything. And that may breed why I don't post much, I don't want to compete for exposure on topics that get brought up regularly. But I've noticed that there is literally more discussion about Duke on rupp rafters than here, or TDD or DBR. That is sad. Reddit is the next best option for Duke content, and that is some soft-cock jerk-off shit if I've ever seen them. I scour the boards for ANY Duke content to absorb. (I am even sad that ic isn't providing much Duke content, usually my favorite).

I'm sorry that my post didn't sunshine-pump the team the way that you expected a "new" poster to post. I just thought I would bring up a discussion on a Duke board that caught my eye. Most everything else is always brought up and I love the discussions. I just hoped that my discussion topic would have been a new perspective, not necessarily a negative one, but one worth discussing. I don't have any idea how it would have alluded to a pattern of behavior for RJ, or a reason of true concern.

I apologize for my reaction, but I am very VERY offended by the accusation of being a "troll". I think it is the laziest and lowest form of dissension from an internet forum. I should not have reacted the way I did, but I was pissed, and responded in a more real-world way, even though that is useless.

My favorite player of all time is Trajan Langdon. I used to watch the great Alaskan Assassin with the greatest of respect and tried my whole life to shoot like him. I grew up in Charlotte, NC and was bullied by a punk who wore a backwards unc hat everyday and learned that Duke and unc were rivals. Since that realization in 1st grade, I have loved every single player and moment of Duke history. Greatest decision I've ever made. If you still think I am a troll, so be it. Just because someone doesn't post (or doesn't post positively; see my kenpom post on TDD) then you win. And I would suggest all lurkers to avoid posting.

Your good ol' boy's club mentality isn't healthy. This isn't supposed to be the cesspool that is ic or rr. This is supposed to be a place of constant and healthy discussion. Whether positive or not, whether by newbies or old farts. Again, I apologize for my reaction.

I have seen incredible body language by RJ in the past two games. These dudes are beautiful to watch. I will love the Devils til the day I die whether you all approve or not.

No offense, but it did get 3,500 views. What did YOU get on your first post?

/rant
Hey, you look rather douchey. Sorry no pun. My names Chief how are you douche ? Sorry, let me start over. Welcome to the board douche ...Sh!t. I give up. Go Duke!...Douche:D

In all seriousness now what in the bleeping hell does ‘cheeky’ mean?

C'mon Pisgah, Asheville is on the top ten of about every list in the country. Everyone is moving here and it sucks for us true locals. It is God's country though. Besides let's not get going on the smell in Canton. Lol. Seriously though the OP needs to too not take this stuff so serious.

Smell of money my man ;) and I looked him up too. Seems weird

And when I say that about Asheville I mean just the city. The county is fine!

Reactions: BD Warrior
*walks into thread without knocking*
*makes way to kitchen*
*opens fridge, grabs beer*
*walks out of thread, beer in hand*

I'm sorry but being called a "troll" on a message board is not the worst thing in the world. If you take it that way you really need to gain some mental toughness. Probably wasn't the idea to try and apologize and then take shots. I kinda found that comical too. At the same time there are some people here who get a little too sensitive about some constructive criticism of the team (not this team, they're too good right now to complain about anything). I'd say to say to the new guy (I forget his handle), just let this go and move on. Also, maybe don't flip out the next time says something "mean" to you.

You too! It's been a long time!
Good to have a female point of view again. When you are posting the board seems to be a little more gentleman like. Do you have a " nener puddin" recipe? We need something to equalize wander williams' " nanner puddin" LOL OFC

Depends on the person. A white person can’t say how a black person takes something like that. They aren’t in their shoes so it would be ignorant to try to do so

Hm, see, I don't see much of that. I DO see some people who will defend Duke and Duke players and coaches, and I also think there are certain people who push back against what sometimes comes off as knee-jerk reactions rather than thought-out points... and some of that is DEFINITELY valid. There are fans (myself included) who will sometimes get very upset at something and make big, blanket, definitive statements ("God, Zoubek sucks!") without seeming to realize that our understanding of the program, the players, and the coaches is truthfully rather limited compared to the understanding of the actual players or coaching staff. I certainly don't see "PC" as an issue... what, did someone say "I prefer our black uniforms" and someone else told them to call them our "African American" uniforms? That's an odd charge.

Good to have a female point of view again. When you are posting the board seems to be a little more gentleman like. Do you have a " nener puddin" recipe? We need something to equalize wander williams' " nanner puddin" LOL OFC

Yes! Neners' special puddin' recipe. The not-so-secret ingredient - just a dash of salt from the tears of our opponents. Gives it that extra kick!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT