ADVERTISEMENT

Official 2024-25 minutes thread

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
It’s time for this world famous thread.. if we add more pieces it’ll be practice type guys so I think we know who will be playing.. LETS GO

Proctor-30
Foster-25
Flagg-35
Brown-25
Maluach-25

Sion-20
Evans-15
Kon-10
Gillis-10

Ngongba-5
Harris-blowout mins or redshirt

That looks about right. I would take 5 from Kon and give it to Gillis. 20 minutes for Maluach.

Last edited:
Reactions: pisgah101
I have no clue as to how much time anyone will play. I'd say unless Flagg is overrated, he'll play 28-30 in games we are wearing the other team out, and about 34-37 in tight games.

I don't think anyone else is safe to suggest high minutes.

Don’t be surprised to see Harris get more minutes than Knup and if Harris only sees mop up minutes he’s gone in 2025 anyway .
How about we wait until preseason and exhibition games .
There are so many pieces players might actually get rest not having to average 35 minutes a game .
As far as the post we have three legit post players to rotate .

Reactions: bullcity gamer
As good as Coop is, I don’t see anyone averaging more than 30-31 tops. There’s no need.

Reactions: sheyduke
Don’t be surprised to see Harris get more minutes than Knup and if Harris only sees mop up minutes he’s gone in 2025 anyway .
How about we wait until preseason and exhibition games .
There are so many pieces players might actually get rest not having to average 35 minutes a game .
As far as the post we have three legit post players to rotate .
I expect Harris to transfer out personally.. I don’t see it with him. A lot are real high on him though so who knows but I think Knup brings more and has like 10 brothers so I’m hoping we get some brothers again

As good as Coop is, I don’t see anyone averaging more than 30-31 tops. There’s no need.
Maybe, but the minutes averaged is usually the most deceptive stat. The bench gets shorter in tight games.

Last edited:
Maybe, but the minutes averaged is usually the most deceptive stat. The bench gets shorter in tight games.
Oh I think the minutes stat prediction is stupid every year but it’s tradition at this point.

But this past year with a much more limited roster, Roach lead the team with 32.7mpg. If anyone is going to do that next year it’s likely a guard, I.e. Proctor or Foster.

Anyone think sion starts over foster and foster basically acts as backup at both guard spots since he can run the O?

Anyone think sion starts over foster and foster basically acts as backup at both guard spots since he can run the O?
I was thinking this too. At least at first. Especially as Foster is coming off an injury.

Last edited:
I was thinking this too. At least at first. Especially as Foster is coming off an injury.
If foster is ok with it I could see it.. I don’t want it to cause chemistry issues and I still think he’d actually play more then sion but it would be nice to have a real ball handler to bring in

Reactions: christophero
We are definitely a contender. Looking at the top 15 there seems to be a lot of good teams, as everyone is loading up on portal guys. So while we will be better, so will a lot of other teams. It should be interesting. Unless the wheels fall off we should be a 1 or 2 seed.

Absolutely. I think Evans could steal min from the 2 as well. Foster played well at the 1 last year and I would assume he’s the 1 when proctor gets a breather.

Need to look at the make up of this roster and ask yourself do you really not see Mal , a top five pick . Not starting or Brown your only legit pf who will allow Flagg to stay at his true position and help with front court defense . The only position at this point that’s up in the air is Foster starting in the back court if he’s not 100 percent.
I’d put my money on the starters being
Mal,Brown,Flagg,Proctor and Foster with
Sion,Gillis and Evans being first off the bench .

Some Tulane people were saying Sion played some 4 and 5 while at Tulane. And played it well. That is some serious versatility. Sounds like he could play the 4 in a pinch. We need him in the backcourt, but nice to know that is an option. Can't wait to see him play. I really think Jon hit a home run with our transfers. Yes it is possible to find starter level guys to possibly come off the bench in the portal if you identify the right players. I'm still not thrilled with the mass exodus, but there is no doubt we will be more talented and experienced than the last few years.

Last edited:
So far we have a good opportunity to watch the transfers when Duke isn’t playing and/or Duke faces them

Roach @ Baylor
Mitchell @ Mizzou
Stewart @ Ohio State
Power @ Virginia
Schutt @ Va Tech
Reeves @ Clemson

Just waiting to learn where Blakes lands.

Some Tulane people were saying Sion played some 4 and 5 while at Tulane. And played it well. That is some serious versatility. Sounds like he could play the 4 in a pinch. We need him in the backcourt, but nice to know that is an option. Can't wait to see him play. I really think Jon hit a home run with our transfers. Yes it is possible to find starter level guys to possibly come off the bench in the portal if you identify the right players. I'm still not thrilled with the mass exodus, but there is no doubt we will be more talented and experienced than the last few years.
If he plays any position out side of the sg spot then imo Jon is repeating past mistakes . Like you said key word experience and versatility meshed with talent .
5- Mal,Brown, Pat
4-Brown,Flagg, Gillis
3-Flagg. Evans, knup
2-Proctor, Sion, Harris
1-Foster,Proctor,Sion

The interchangeable parts on defense alone is scary enough but imagine the opposing team now having to guard all five players on the court.

Mal, Brown, Flagg, Proctor, Gillis, Sion all can guard multiple positions. The ability to switch on defense is unreal for this team .

It’s time for this world famous thread.. if we add more pieces it’ll be practice type guys so I think we know who will be playing.. LETS GO

Proctor-30
Foster-25
Flagg-35
Brown-25
Maluach-25

Sion-20
Evans-15
Kon-10
Gillis-10

Ngongba-5
Harris-blowout mins or redshirt
Gag me.
OFC

• Haha
If he plays any position out side of the sg spot then imo Jon is repeating past mistakes . Like you said key word experience and versatility meshed with talent .
5- Mal,Brown, Pat
4-Brown,Flagg, Gillis
3-Flagg. Evans, knup
2-Proctor, Sion, Harris
1-Foster,Proctor,Sion

The interchangeable parts on defense alone is scary enough but imagine the opposing team now having to guard all five players on the court.

Mal, Brown, Flagg, Proctor, Gillis, Sion all can guard multiple positions. The ability to switch on defense is unreal for this team .
Agree with this lineup but my hope is Evans can play the 2 as well. I guess it depends if he can defend the 2nd guard on a specific team. If Ngongba is college ready, think khaman malauch could play any 4?

Reactions: JimboSlice00
I don't think anyone plays more than 30 minutes, Flip played around 30 minutes a game last year. Proctor and Foster should log 28-30 minutes, I think eventually Cooper plays the 3, Malik the 4, and Gillis 6th man getting 20-25 minutes.

We are sleeping and overlooking Harris. Not saying 15 minutes a game but he will get 8-10 a game. I think this is a roster were everyone may see down minutes (Minus Flagg and Proctor). Harris will get minutes. Kon will see minutes...

Reactions: sheyduke
Harris is good; but it is a numbers game. We have 11 guys. We know the 2 returning guards plus the 3 transfers will play. Jon likes experience, we saw this with Young. Cooper and Mal. It's hard to see Evans not playing. That's 8. Probably one between Kon and Harris, unless we are rolling teams by 30. Some good player will be left out. Not many were saying Power would play so little; but that was due in part to Goodman gushing over him after seeing some summer AAU games. Harris would have to beat out Evans and/or Kon. it is possible but those guys are much higher rated. We will probably see everyone in the earlier easier games. I hope Harris is willing to wait his turn because he will be good.

Last edited:
Reactions: mbdfan and Jjallen
Harris is good; but it is a numbers game. We have 11 guys. We know the 2 returning guards plus the 3 transfers will play. Jon likes experience, we saw this with Young. Cooper and Mal. It's hard to see Evans not playing. That's 8. Probably one between Kon and Harris, unless we are rolling teams by 30. Some good player will be left out. Not many were saying Power would play so little; but that was due in part to Goodman gushing over him after seeing some summer AAU games. Harris would have to beat out Evans and/or Kon. it is possible but those guys are much higher rated. We will probably see everyone in the earlier easier games. I hope Harris is willing to wait his turn because he will be good.
Goodman acted like power could challenge for a starting spot

Reactions: christophero
Flagg, Proctor and Mal I think are pretty set as starters. The other two spots? I'm not sure but I do think Flagg and Proctor both play over 30 minutes as we all know our bench will be short halfway through conference play.

Flagg, Proctor and Mal I think are pretty set as starters. The other two spots? I'm not sure but I do think Flagg and Proctor both play over 30 minutes as we all know our bench will be short halfway through conference play.
I'm not going to get to caught up in Jon shortening the bench just yet. My concern will be what they do in practice and matchups.

Agree with this lineup but my hope is Evans can play the 2 as well. I guess it depends if he can defend the 2nd guard on a specific team. If Ngongba is college ready, think khaman malauch could play any 4?
Good question. I don’t see Mal sliding much to the four however that could change as big Pat gets his conditioning to this level of play after coming off injury . I’d look to more of him staying at the five but it is possible . That front court would be very tall.
6’10-11”
7’2”
6’9”
Trying to score inside would have to be looked at as a big task against it .

Reactions: Jjallen
I expect Harris to transfer out personally.
I hope Harris sticks around for year 2. I say that because we can assume that Proctor is likely gone after this season, so there will be a PG/CG spot open next season. If Harris plays hard, he could slide into that spot next season and I'm sure Scheyer has mentioned this.

However, as we all know, it's difficult to predict these things as players have back door conversations and Scheyer might hit the portal again.

My only prediction is there is no way 10-11 guys get real minutes in competitive non-blow out games. I believe the only for sure starters are Proctor and Flagg. And a lot of the minutes distribution will depend on where Jon plays Flagg (3 or 4 or even small ball 5 occasionally).
How good Maluach is will also play a big factor into others minutes.

I don’t think Kon or Harris play in competitive ACC games.

My only prediction is there is no way 10-11 guys get real minutes in competitive non-blow out games. I believe the only for sure starters are Proctor and Flagg. And a lot of the minutes distribution will depend on where Jon plays Flagg (3 or 4 or even small ball 5 occasionally).
How good Maluach is will also play a big factor into others minutes.

I don’t think Kon or Harris play in competitive ACC games.
This is where I see Jon being different this season . After mass exodus and a lot did revolve around playing time I do see him sticking to a nine man rotation and don’t see a lot of players averaging over 25 minutes a game . This roster is completely different than any Jon has had .

This is where I see Jon being different this season . After mass exodus and a lot did revolve around playing time I do see him sticking to a nine man rotation and don’t see a lot of players averaging over 25 minutes a game . This roster is completely different than any Jon has had .
Yeah I feel like we do this every year, this year is just different due to having experienced transfers. But I’m pretty sure everyone was penciling in Stewart for 15-20 mpg, Power 15 mpg, Reeves and Schutt 10-15…and outside of some random games, they were all out of the rotation. Injuries to Schutt and reeves I know, but you know they weren’t gonna be in the rotation.

I’d love to see us play a deeper bench, but I’ll believe it when I see it. We are definitely going to be able to withstand injuries this year though.

Reactions: Mac9192
There are seemingly lots of mouths to feed. Team chemistry is going to be key. Dare I mention bench high fives and body language. Jon has his work cut out for him, but in a good way.

It does always frustrate me that K and now Jon barely use bench guys in blowout wins. I get that it's not rec league/everyone gets a trophy, but why not rest the top 5-6 guys at least a little in a 30 point second half lead game and give guys 7-11 some live game time to develop?

Maybe we will have bigger leads next year so the bench guys can play. Other than a few games we weren't blowing anyone out. If you put a scholarship guy in with a minute left it is kind of embarassing. It also saves wear and tear on the starters.

As much as I enjoy this type of thread, it does drive me crazy. I know alot of it is accurate, I just like to think every player starts out with the "I'm taking someone's minutes/spot mentality" teammates or not... and I have that feel about Harris. Mal, Flagg, Proctor I feel they are locks. The rest IS UP FOR THE TAKING. That's how I'm approaching practice, summer workouts, personal drills, team building if I'm Jon. These HS rankings mean NOTHING... Earn it, Lock In, and take these minutes, I Don't care who gets upset. Maybe it'll light a 🔥 under somebody, which will igniter the team, or they'll move on... Find out who's for DUKE, or who's not... and thr reason I say HS rankings don't matter, Sheppard(79) and Dillingham(21) Out performed Edwards(3) Bradshaw(5) and Wagner(6) for Kentucky BIG TIME...

As much as I enjoy this type of thread, it does drive me crazy. I know alot of it is accurate, I just like to think every player starts out with the "I'm taking someone's minutes/spot mentality" teammates or not... and I have that feel about Harris. Mal, Flagg, Proctor I feel they are locks. The rest IS UP FOR THE TAKING. That's how I'm approaching practice, summer workouts, personal drills, team building if I'm Jon. These HS rankings mean NOTHING... Earn it, Lock In, and take these minutes, I Don't care who gets upset. Maybe it'll light a 🔥 under somebody, which will igniter the team, or they'll move on... Find out who's for DUKE, or who's not... and thr reason I say HS rankings don't matter, Sheppard(79) and Dillingham(21) Out performed Edwards(3) Bradshaw(5) and Wagner(6) for Kentucky BIG TIME...
You say you "enjoy this type of thread" but then go on to explain why it is all BS and a waste of time. I agree with your last part. So, what's to "enjoy?"
OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT