ADVERTISEMENT

Zion to attend CTC

Heck of a player, but I can't imagine a circumstance where Duke gets Reddish, Barrett, and Williamson - and they are getting the first two of those.

His comment about not minding playing with a bunch of 5 stars because that is the way it will be in the pros hopefully indicates that playing with Barrett and Reddish would not be a problem. I know he said it in reference to UK, but it applies to Duke as well. Also liked the comment about playing wherever he is needed. Duke will have a very strong need for a rebounder at the 4. And, the stretch 4 looks like his role in the NBA.

Unc doesn't have a scholarship available. And will have to wait till spring to see if anybody leaves. He plans on making November commitment. This is a uk and duke battle. I would include clemson but it seems if he wanted to win he would wait to see how good they can be. Without him. 1 thing to mention devon dotson from Charlotte is highly regarded pg has clemson in his final 3. And expected to make a decision this week now clemson isn't the favorite but if he picks clemson there could something to it. They have talked about playing together

He's going to UK, not sure about Duke being in the "battle" here...

Duke will be just fine with Cam and RJ...
Yea I had a little hope earlier on for Zion, but never really expected him at Duke, so it’s okay with me. I did wish Duke pursued Bol Bol though

Unc doesn't have a scholarship available. And will have to wait till spring to see if anybody leaves. He plans on making November commitment. This is a uk and duke battle. I would include clemson but it seems if he wanted to win he would wait to see how good they can be. Without him. 1 thing to mention devon dotson from Charlotte is highly regarded pg has clemson in his final 3. And expected to make a decision this week now clemson isn't the favorite but if he picks clemson there could something to it. They have talked about playing together
Who would be leaving unx other than seniors? You know kids enjoy Roy and the unx system so much that they rarely leave early.

It's a 3.5 hour drive from his hometown to Duke; it's a 5.5 hour drive from his hometown to UK.

Serious question: are there any highlights of him shooting the rock? His athleticism is crazy, but I just want to see him shoot it.

Guess we are getting another U.K. Castoff because the experts at Rupp Rafters have decided that Zion is so much better

I am a Kentucky homer, Barnett is the real deal, you guys will get him. Lot of cat fans say we have Zion, I think its wide-open he could go to any of the 4 schools Duke,Clemson,UK, Kansas

Whatever keeps your hope up works for me, I just don't see it happening after things I've heard lately (although Gary7 hasn't confirmed).

We probably need to give guru gary-7 a little break here. He's pretty busy with college recruiters and scouts. Also with high school basketball starting up he will be all over the country watching and analyzing the top prep stars all over the country. He hits all the top games and sees all the top coaches in the country at these games. That's how he knows so much as to where the top guys are going. OFC

We probably need to give guru gary-7 a little break here. He's pretty busy with college recruiters and scouts. Also with high school basketball starting up he will be all over the country watching and analyzing the top prep stars all over the country. He hits all the top games and sees all the top coaches in the country at these games. That's how he knows so much as to where the top guys are going. OFC
Oh ok Sky. All this time I thought it was because he was the head janitorial technician around Ol Roy's office, and hears everything while running the plunger down Roy's toilet.
DIRT, need an illustration!!!!!

I'd be rather stunned if Zion chose Duke. Would love to be wrong though!

I do think we are playing with house money though with Tre, Cam and likely RJ.

With Javin who should get a ton of experience this year, who's a filthy athlete in his own right and a role player vs an alpha, it might even be a better fit for that one year. Having said that, you obviously take Zion any chance you get and twice on sundays, and figure it out later. Either way we are in a good spot.

Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3
As long as we have what we need to win the champions classic...I wish we were playing the cats THIS year!!

As long as we have what we need to win the champions classic...I wish we were playing the cats THIS year!!
I like that we play Kentucky next year, especially if we get Barrett like most people think we will and if we also get Zion which most people think we won’t because it’ll be so much more fun playing them next season with the 2 players that their fans want the most if we somehow get both of them at Duke.

I like that we play Kentucky next year, especially if we get Barrett like most people think we will and if we also get Zion which most people think we won’t because it’ll be so much more fun playing them next season with the 2 players that their fans want the most if we somehow get both of them at Duke.

Yeah, If we got RJ and Zion both, I think it could be a lopsided game, but I have zero expectation that we get Zion...hope I'm wrong...that crow wouldn't taste bad at all!!

Yeah, If we got RJ and Zion both, I think it could be a lopsided game, but I have zero expectation that we get Zion...hope I'm wrong...that crow wouldn't taste bad at all!!
Yeah I’m not real optimistic that we get Zion either but if we did then beat them in the Champions Classic with Zion and RJ, I can only begin to imagine the meltdown that we’d see on RR because they’re so sure that they’re going to get Zion and here recently a lot of them think they’ll get RJ too.

Maybe he's enjoying all those sweet passes he's getting from Tre Jones on the USA team.

Sounds like he would be very excited to play with Emmitt Williams after they played on same squad in Denver. That would be a dream come true. Jones, RJ, Cam, Zion and Emmitt. Could play Zion at PF and Williams at Center.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT