ADVERTISEMENT

zion Decision

http://amp.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-basketball-men/article192868674.html
According to this, it looks like Clemson is his most likely destination. Hope that’s true. I haven’t been to RR in a while, but I will have to take a peek if he does go to Clemson so I can see a temper tantrum thrown by adults.
If not Duke, I hope Frank Martin steals him somehow. They really need something good to happen down in Cola. Frank is a damn good coach. The cupboard is almost empty right now.

Reactions: Devilinside
Clemson could be a Final Four/ACC Title contender next year if Zion commits. Shelton Mitchell, Marcquise Reed, and Elijah Thomas are all playing really well right now - and they'll all be seniors next year. Zion would slide right into the lineup, taking Donte Grantham's position (graduating). Uncle Mo is definitely on Clemson's side.

Clemson is actually pretty good. Idk how with brownell but he managed it

Clemson could be a Final Four/ACC Title contender next year if Zion commits. Shelton Mitchell, Marcquise Reed, and Elijah Thomas are all playing really well right now - and they'll all be seniors next year. Zion would slide right into the lineup, taking Donte Grantham's position (graduating). Uncle Mo is definitely on Clemson's side.
Do you go to a team and fit in or do you go to a team with a ton of exposure and possibility of winning a Natty???

Do you go to a team and fit in or do you go to a team with a ton of exposure and possibility of winning a Natty???

He's not coming to Duke, if that's what you're referencing. It's a two-horse race between Clemson and Kentucky. Most seem to think Clemson has the edge, at this point... but what do you mean fit in? Zion will be the #1 option at either school. Kentucky will almost certainly be good. And I think Clemson will be pretty solid next year, too. Like I said, I think Clemson is a Final Four contender with his services (I could see them as a 2 or 3 seed, which I think qualifies as a FF contender).

We don't need him at all. We're set for next year. Maybe add another big man just in case Bolden decides he wants to leave. Other than that we're good. I've never been a big fan of Zion. He's good in transition but on offense he has no strength that I can tell. I don't see a good jumper or back-to-the-basket skillset that he can go to. We will be just fine next year without him. Barrett and Reddish are more than good enough. I know this may be crazy, but for some reason I think Wendell is on the fence more than anyone about going after this year. He comes off as a kid that would like to dominate and be a number one option.

If he does stay in state we better get our popcorn ready. The entertainment on thr and rr will be unbelievable.

Reactions: Dad2ze
Topps didn't you call Zion to stay in-state (CU or USC) about a year or more ago?

If he's not doing to Duke, then I'd prefer Clemson.

I prefer outside the ACC. Just don't want to deal with him. Kansas is my preference. OFC

I prefer outside the ACC. Just don't want to deal with him. Kansas is my preference. OFC

I hear ya Sky and don't disagree. Him at KU would make them a title contender and more difficult to contend with on the national stage. Clemson would not be a title contender with him, although it would make them more difficult to beat. I'm also rooting for the "underdog" in the sense that they haven't gotten a kid of that caliber in a long time. At the end of the day as long as it's NOT UK or UNCheat. I'd be fine with KU.

If he does stay in state we better get our popcorn ready. The entertainment on thr and rr will be unbelievable.
Heard a Heels guy the other weekend talk about he has a guy that said Zion was going to UNC. This same guy said he followed Zion a lot and was excited to see him play. I finally turned around after a few minutes and said “you know he’s hurt, right.”

Guy stopped talking altogether and the guy beside him realized how full of crap he was.

Heard a Heels guy the other weekend talk about he has a guy that said Zion was going to UNC. This same guy said he followed Zion a lot and was excited to see him play. I finally turned around after a few minutes and said “you know he’s hurt, right.”

Guy stopped talking altogether and the guy beside him realized how full of crap he was.

That heels guy must know guru-gary. OFC

So it's getting close and there isn't a lot of chatter on her about Zion. That makes me feel like those that know more than others on here feel pretty confident we have no chance. With that being said, is there no possible way this can turn into a Knox decision but in our favor? We just come out of nowhere and scoop him up?

There isn't a lot of chatter because the Williamson camp has been so quiet. But, I'd be surprised if Duke were Zion's pick.

I think it's Clemson. And as long as it isn't ky, that's fine with me. I would rather he went to a team outside the ACC not named ky, but Clemson is getting a LOT of love from the crystal ballers

He's seeing the attention Trae Young is getting at a large state school with the ball in his hands, and no one drops bags like Clemson. The Tigers are a good bet. This will be a fun announcement either way.

That's the thing with crystal ball. You never know. Last year with Knox, we were getting a lot of love too. I think we had like 86 percent and ky wasn't even picked. You just never know, I guess.

Don’t think we get him but seems like the coaches want to have one last pitch

Edit: K and Capel will be the ones visiting

Last edited:
Reactions: pisgah101
Wasnt the forward who went to UCLA a couple of years ago 100% Duke in the Crystal Ball

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT