ADVERTISEMENT

Your Favorite Duke game you’ve been to

I also have been to the yum center to see Duke play but unfortunately Duke lost both times (2016,2017). Next year RJ and company will beat them in the yum when I go.

Went to #903 at Madison Square Garden during the 2011-2012 season. Met Bobby Knight and Spike Lee before the game. And sat underneath the basket with Duke’s bench to my left. A fine evening.

My first Duke game. It was the 92-93 season I believe. Grand Hill, Hurley, Antonio Lang were still there. It was against Oklahoma. My room mates brother was a student at Duke. He did this thing where he interviewed players and coached and did highlights at the university. His camera man was gone on holiday break so he calls us and says he has a student ticket and a press pass available for the game. I grabbed a camera and off we went. I sat on the letter "E" on the baseline at the Duke bench end of the court. We got into Cameron about 2 hours before game time. Saw Grant Hill in an early shoot around. Hit the media room for some grub. Awesome night. BTW, that game was on ESPN Classic. I have it on tape.

my game was when dockery hit that half court shot to beat va tech. the tech bench was standing up baiting the crowd with chants of overrated and then they had to go home. had a friend with me who was a huge indiana fan and he still says to this day that was the best moment he ever saw live.

That is my very first Duke memory (watching on TV) and what I say is the reason I became a Duke fan.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT