ADVERTISEMENT

Your #1 Zion moment..

Buzzooka Joe

Cameron Crazy
Feb 20, 2006
The kid was (is) a human highlight reel. What was your #1 Zion moment of the year? The one play/sequence he had that made you question life.

Mine might be hack, but I have to say the 360 dunk.. the fact that he had the balls to do a 360, with K as his coach, in an ACC game, blew my mind.. and it wasn’t even in a cocky / look at me style.. it was more of a “I’m on a completely different level than anyone you’ve ever seen before” style dunk.

Reactions: DUKEFEDFAN
What a special player we got to see in a Duke uniform. I am torn, but I have to say, while the dunks are absolutely impressive, I liked his other plays better. All the steals and blocks and passes.

The two most notable to me are the blocked three on the UVA player and that half court bounce pass he made recently. If picking one, it's the UVA block.

The 3 point block and the UVA full court drive ending with the dunk while being hacked.

That rebound yesterday from behind one of Mich. State's big men was amazing also.

I also enjoyed all the missed layups by opponents who knew Zion was lurking. That includes Va Tech's last second miss, probably UCF's last miss and who knows how many others.

We've been privileged to see so many wonderful players, including Kyrie for 11 games, but nothing like Zion this season. Thank you for a season of thrills!

Honestly the block against V-Tech may have been the best block I've seen. Still can't believe he got to that...but I would probably have to go with the pass to Tre in ACC championship.

Oh man, there are sooo many to choose from. But in the assist category I am going to go with his alleyoop to RJ off the backboard against Hartford. Followed by his breakaway half-court bounce passes against UK and recently FSU

Reactions: Hurley22
I can't think of one. He was a season of moments. The kid plays with so much energy. What a privilege to be able to watch him.

I will miss him as much as I miss Battier, Grant, Christian...

The dunks are good stuff, I’m not sure how I’m supposed to pick between them so I’m going outside the box.

Any instance that he looks at his hand after a great pass

When he’s answering questions in post-game press conferences. It’s a nervous thing, but his answers are kinda goofy sometimes and you can tell that he feels beyond awkward... lol cracks me up

Behind the back dribble and drive to the basket. OFC

Break away dunk vs UNC in ACCT. The energy in the building was insane. Even Heels fans were like whoa.

Reactions: DUKEFEDFAN
“Mines” was making uk look like the 5 foot white kids he used to dunk on in high school.

Actually, really my favorite Zion moment was his announcement to Duke. I don’t remember. Wanting a player as bad as I wanted him, and I thought we had zero shot. I really thought he was going to either Clemson, Kansas, or uk. I lost my mind when he committed more than I did any of his plays

Sorry - hard to just choose one.

Clemson 360, the Ryerson put back (or whichever exhibition team it was), and the UNC dunk coming from under the basket on Brooks even with the non-call. Alright one more - the block on VT’s Blackshear off the glass

When he committed to us last January. UK/UNC fans were so pissed.

Such a depressing thread! Things are setting in on my end.
Zion is such an incredible young man- Of all the hype and talk he gets- it wasnt enough.
Never ever ever wanted a champ worse for a Kid. He deserved better. Watching the clip of RJ going to the rim and not recognizing the drop off to Z will forever haunt me.

Im not ready to think hard enough on this to give a thoughtful answer

MOTHER F THIS SUCKS

Such a depressing thread! Things are setting in on my end.
Zion is such an incredible young man- Of all the hype and talk he gets- it wasnt enough.
Never ever ever wanted a champ worse for a Kid. He deserved better. Watching the clip of RJ going to the rim and not recognizing the drop off to Z will forever haunt me.

Im not ready to think hard enough on this to give a thoughtful answer

MOTHER F THIS SUCKS

Yes it does. And it will for awhile

Mine wasn’t this season. Actually had the opportunity to meet him and his family at The Beachball Classic in Myrtle Beach last year. He didn’t play due to injury but everyday he was at the tourney, Zion and his family would speak and have a conversation with me and my son. Actually talked to his stepdad and mom for a long time about life, sports, etc. Some of the nicest people around. He was just a super nice kid and always went out of his way to speak to us at the tourney. That’s my Zion moment.

I have many- but an absolute fav was Zion STRUTTING off the court in Chapel Hill saying “will see them next week”

Holy F!!!!! that completely instilled instant confidence. Like we never even lost. That’s how special this dude was.

It’s really hard to pick one but I enjoyed watching him pick his nose on the bench when he was injured

The gutsy move he made to the basket to get fouled by Tacko Fall and foul Fall out. Williamson’s concentration to make the basket in that situation was awesome.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT