ADVERTISEMENT

Vernon Carey announcement

I’m sure there are idiots saying he got paid to go to Duke:rolleyes: I guess they don’t realize his dad was a defensive lineman in the NFL. Like Vernon really needs to get paid to go to Duke one year.
It’s everywhere! Some kind of way we give out houses and bags of money and nobody finds out about that.....? How thats possible In this world when you can’t scratch your ass without sombody knowing about it....I’ll never know .....

As of right now assuming Duke didn’t land anyone else and let’s say Tre Jones did come back, would this be the most likely starting lineup next year?

1.Tre
2. Boogie
3. Moore
4. Carey
5. Bolden or Javin or Jack

If we stopped today, I think you may see Alex start over Boogie. If we stopped today...

As of right now assuming Duke didn’t land anyone else and let’s say Tre Jones did come back, would this be the most likely starting lineup next year?

1.Tre
2. Boogie
3. Moore
4. Carey

That's probably right. But if they went smaller... Carey at the 5. Baker starting. No Bolden/Javin/Jack starting?

For some reason I don’t have the luxury to peak there anymore. I just don’t understand why! I’m a saint!

I got banned from blue balled nation too....:/

I’m with you. Banned from both as well as the CBB board for Rivals for telling some Kentucky mod that Zion was playing them for fools and hadn’t really been considering them for a month or two.

It was worth it as I got to watch UK fans burn that UK mod to the ground when Zion announced to Duke. Shortly after, all of a sudden I’m banned from everything although that comment was made 30+ days prior.

Stewart and Hurt maybe??

Think he’s hinting at Stewart. Will see if he can help pull him to Duke. Just don’t see Hurt coming. Our supposed terrible year in recruiting has got us ranked 4th now and only a couple hundred points behind USC. One other commitment and we are #1 again.

Reactions: HonkeyT

1.Tre
2. Boogie
3. Moore
4. Carey
Really hard to predict the lineup as of now. The 2 biggest things will obviously be if Tre/Bolden come back or leave....and if we can land Stewart/Hurt.
I'm thinking we win the title and both Tre/Bolden leave.
The biggest question becomes...we have a MASSIVE hole at PG, is Goldwire ready to start? From what he's shown this year, I'd say no.

My way too early prediction would be....
PG not currently on the roster.
Alex
Jack
Carey
Stewart

Moore and Boogie are first guys off the bench, K slowly moves them into the starting lineup, possibly taking Alex or Jack's starting job by conference play.

Wow...forgot about Baker too, we are gonna be loaded.

I’m sure there are idiots saying he got paid to go to Duke:rolleyes: I guess they don’t realize his dad was a defensive lineman in the NFL. Like Vernon really needs to get paid to go to Duke one year.
Yep there’s already several posters on THR and RR saying he must’ve gotten paid to choose Duke

Last edited:
Really hard to predict the lineup as of now. The 2 biggest things will obviously be if Tre/Bolden come back or leave....and if we can land Stewart/Hurt.
The biggest question becomes...we have a MASSIVE hole at PG, is Goldwire ready to start? From what he's shown this year, I'd say no.

Alex
Jack
Carey
Stewart

Moore and Boogie are first guys off the bench, K slowly moves them into the starting lineup, possibly taking Alex or Jack's starting job by conference play.

Yea I was going back and forth between Alex and Boogie getting the start at the 2. Problem with getting BOTH Stewart and Hurt would be someone might leave the program that might not had intentions of leaving. Don’t want to use the T word but you know what i mean.

Yep there’s already several posters on THR and RR saying he must’ve gotten paid to choose Duke

They said WHAT??

What a shocker!!! LOL!!!

I seen where they were already saying yesterday that they didn't want him because he is overrate!!

Must have had some inside info!! Or, past history has them butt hurt and no confidence!!

V6tVJMC.jpg

Alex
Jack
Carey
Stewart

If tre left, Which could be a bigger possibility, the kid is a stud and i expect him to be dominant late in the year.i wonder if Duke will try and get someone out of the 2020 class to reclassify.

Boogie can handle the ball but idk about his playmaking abilities. But who knows, offenses run alot smoother when you got a dominant big to dump the ball to download. Next years team will have alot of shooters on the perimeter to create space.

Reactions: PatrickYates
They said WHAT??

What a shocker!!! LOL!!!

I seen where they were already saying yesterday that they didn't want him because he is overrate!!

Must have had some inside info!! Or, past history has them butt hurt and no confidence!!

Alex
Jack
Carey
Stewart

Add in Jav as well....

4 big moving pieces right now in Tre/Bolden/Stewart/Hurt

We know Duke will have

AOC/White/Jav/Robinson/Goldwire...with Baker/Carey/Moore/Boogie

Already a lot of talent but still some BIG moving pieces.

That's probably right. But if they went smaller... Carey at the 5. Baker starting. No Bolden/Javin/Jack starting?

The above may be the better outcome then even landing a kid like Stewart. With Carey and Stewart, we run the risk of ending up like the team with Bagley and Carter, but it would be worse because that would be one less G/F who can shoot from outside on the bench with no minutes available.

Be a risk worth taking but we could end up with a stagnant offense running everything through Carey/Stewart.

The above may be the better outcome then even landing a kid like Stewart. With Carey and Stewart, we run the risk of ending up like the team with Bagley and Carter, but it would be worse because that would be one less G/F who can shoot from outside on the bench with no minutes available.

Be a risk worth taking but we could end up with a stagnant offense running everything through Carey/Stewart.

Just need a good point guard and it would be ok.

Great get. Welcome. Hopefully land Stewart too.

Biggest concern is PG. I don’t see Tre coming back. He’s playing really well. He’s bigger than Tyus. His weakness is his shot. In today’s NBA, 3-point shooting is a must, but I have no doubt he will improve his shot in the future. So yeah, I don’t see him returning. And sorry Goldwire is not leading a team to a chip. I think he can be a good backup. PG/floor leader will be an issue next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT