ADVERTISEMENT

Updated '22 & '23 recruiting rankings

On a side note Bacot having fun with Duke on Twitter trying to recruit Sav to the tar heels ( I know it’s a joke but I give the dude props he’s poking at Duke every chance).
I actually think that’s pretty funny. I have a lot of respect for Bacot, would loved to have seen him wear the correct shade of blue.

I actually think that’s pretty funny. I have a lot of respect for Bacot, would loved to have seen him wear the correct shade of blue.
Thought it was funny as well but Scheyer I hope resparks the rivalry because right now UNC are having fun at Dukes expense .

No I mean I always expected Whitehead to float between sg/sf I was just wondering why Duke is looking at another sf with Baker and Mitchell on the bench even though Mitchell plays pf .
I just don’t see Baker every contributing more than 5-7 minutes per game on average, and that’s if he returns completely healthy. Regarding Whitehead vs Phillips skill set, Dariq is much more of a ball dominant player whereas Phillips does his best work running off screens and is better on the boards. Even though they are very similar in size, Dariq leans closer to the SG attributes of a SF and Phillips is more like a stretch PF.
I’m not being negative I just don’t see the need for another sf unless it’s a sign Keels and Moore are gone . I think this team really needs frontcourt depth.
I agree that I would rather keep Keels and Moore versus going after Phillips. May very well be the reason that Duke & Phillips are taking this slow. Want to see what Moore & Keels do, as well as a couple guys in the transfer portal.

I just don’t see Baker every contributing more than 5-7 minutes per game on average, and that’s if he returns completely healthy. Regarding Whitehead vs Phillips skill set, Dariq is much more of a ball dominant player whereas Phillips does his best work running off screens and is better on the boards. Even though they are very similar in size, Dariq leans closer to the SG attributes of a SF and Phillips is more like a stretch PF.

I agree that I would rather keep Keels and Moore versus going after Phillips. May very well be the reason that Duke & Phillips are taking this slow. Want to see what Moore & Keels do, as well as a couple guys in the transfer portal.
So it could be in case both leave . That way Whitehead can slide to sg. I think Baker averages atleast ten minutes a game next season .

I’m not being negative I just don’t see the need for another sf unless it’s a sign Keels and Moore are gone . I think this team really needs frontcourt depth.
No inside info but there’s no reason to think either of those guys are returning. Sad reality of modern day Duke basketball.

On a side note Bacot having fun with Duke on Twitter trying to recruit Sav to the tar heels ( I know it’s a joke but I give the dude props he’s poking at Duke every chance).
With those two wins last season he should be taking shots at us every chance he gets. They earned that right and then some. Sorry but I’m still not over it and won’t be for a while.

No inside info but there’s no reason to think either of those guys are returning. Sad reality of modern day Duke basketball.
You may be surprised by week's end. Not sure who or if both will be back. But don't be shocked when either Keels or Moore returns.

Reactions: jnastasi
With those two wins last season he should be taking shots at us every chance he gets. They earned that right and then some. Sorry but I’m still not over it and won’t be for a while.
This is what is killing me with the Duke fan base . I get it . They beat K his last game at Cameron and in the final four. Seasons over if that’s their ride into next season I feel bad . K is gone , he don’t have to avenge the loses. We still hung a final four banner just like them , still won the acc regular season championship and beat them by twenty at the dome . We say we can’t get over the loss . Their biggest let down cost them in the championship game. It’s on to a new season .

This is what is killing me with the Duke fan base . I get it . They beat K his last game at Cameron and in the final four. Seasons over if that’s their ride into next season I feel bad . K is gone , he don’t have to avenge the loses. We still hung a final four banner just like them , still won the acc regular season championship and beat them by twenty at the dome . We say we can’t get over the loss . Their biggest let down cost them in the championship game. It’s on to a new season .
Completely understand your point(s). Valid. It still hurts though.

Reactions: sheyduke
People need to step off the ledge, we have the #1 2 & 3 recruits coming in next season. We’re returning a Junior 5 star in Jeremy Roach, Baker and Blakes back hopefully Keels too. Add a transfer big man and a shooter and we’re one of the 8 teams good enough to win the championship.

Reactions: SDevada
Baker is the only one confirmed back. Roach should be back, but if Keels goes it will be our youngest team ever. If Keels goes we would probably get 2 transfers. Not sure anyone would be upgrade from Keels.

Last edited:
People need to step off the ledge, we have the #1 2 & 3 recruits coming in next season. We’re returning a Junior 5 star in Jeremy Roach, Baker and Blakes back hopefully Keels too. Add a transfer big man and a shooter and we’re one of the 8 teams good enough to win the championship.
Think you’re forgetting something. We are just a few weeks removed from losing in the final four to you know who, and they might not lose anyone early. Whereas we are all hoping and praying we keep at least one guard, while also hoping to add a banger. Which ties a good bit into Bacot staying.

Think you’re forgetting something. We are just a few weeks removed from losing in the final four to you know who, and they might not lose anyone early. Whereas we are all hoping and praying we keep at least one guard, while also hoping to add a banger. Which ties a good bit into Bacot staying.
Love is leaving, he’s been showing up on draft birds recently. All I know is we still made the final four and we’re yet again a few bounces away from winning the championship, to hell with who we lost to. One of these years Jon’s team is going to get the right amount of luck and we will win #6.

Love is leaving, he’s been showing up on draft birds recently. All I know is we still made the final four and we’re yet again a few bounces away from winning the championship, to hell with who we lost to. One of these years Jon’s team is going to get the right amount of luck and we will win #6.
Love will be back

Just saw a Mock Draft w Love at 29 to Memphis. Playing w Morant would be a good fit for any guard

Just saw a Mock Draft w Love at 29 to Memphis. Playing w Morant would be a good fit for any guard
That one also has Jaden Ivey going #1..I think he could be a great nba player but no way he goes before Smith, Banchero, or Holgrem! That mock lost all credibility after that lol that is the only mock that has Love in the first round…he made around 350k in NIL this year…he will double that if he comes back and could work his way into a guaranteed first next year, in a much weaker draft! I expect him back! Sounds like y’all will get Keels back

If Love leaves and Keels and Roach return, add in a big like Theo and we're good to go. How good the freshman are will determine a lot, but that team looks roughly as talented as this year's team. If Love stays and Keels goes, not sure how we beat our rivals, at least on paper. Jon would really need an impact transfer guard. I hope Keels decides one way or the other to give us time to get a transfer.

Last edited:
Reactions: bleediteveryday30
If Love leaves and Keels and Roach returns, add in a big like Theo and we're good to go. How good the freshman are will determine a lot, but that team looks roughly as talented as this year's team. If Love stays and Keels goes, not sure how we beat our rivals, at least on paper. Jon would really need an impact transfer guard. I hope Keels decides one way or the other to give us time to get a transfer.
Completely agree with this. The only good news is the deadline to declare for the NBA draft is fast approaching (Sunday I believe), so we should know pretty soon what Keels is deciding.

If Love leaves and Keels and Roach return, add in a big like Theo and we're good to go. How good the freshman are will determine a lot, but that team looks roughly as talented as this year's team. If Love stays and Keels goes, not sure how we beat our rivals, at least on paper. Jon would really need an impact transfer guard. I hope Keels decides one way or the other to give us time to get a transfer.
I agree that Keels coming back is a must if we want to come into the season as national title contenders, unless we get super lucky in the transfer portal. However, I think if you asked an honest UNC fan coming into this past season if they had a chance against Duke on paper, they would have said hell no.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT