ADVERTISEMENT

Updated '22 & '23 recruiting rankings

Wouldn’t imagine most people here care but how tf is Cam Whitmore not getting higher rankings? He is like the definition of underrated.

Also, don’t want to sound like a hater but I think they got our guy Kyle a little high on all the rankings compared to some of his peers (Nick Smith, Keyonte George, etc). I wish there was a recruiting service that would just do rankings based on expected college impact and take the “future potential” stuff out of here.

Reactions: Fourteen44
Not sure where to put this. Peyton Watson, a top 10 to 15 high school guy has declared. He did next to nothing at UCLA this year but the scouts do like him.

Last edited:
Reactions: JimboSlice00
Dariq is national player of the year and we have 3 of the 5 first team all Americans. 2 of the second team all Americans. I know folks on here seem to think this incoming class isn't great, but I couldn't disagree more. We have 4 absolute studs coming to campus and I'm beyond excited!

Flip is the general, IMO. He has said he believes in coach scheyer and believes this team can be special. It’s not always what you do on the court as much as it is getting everyone to buy in.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Flip is the general, IMO. He has said he believes in coach scheyer and believes this team can be special. It’s not always what you do on the court as much as it is getting everyone to buy in.
You wanna debate whether he’s the general?!? Lol I’m kidding.

seriously though, how tall is Dariq? I see all kinds of stuff from 6’4 to 6’8.....

You wanna debate whether he’s the general?!? Lol I’m kidding.

seriously though, how tall is Dariq? I see all kinds of stuff from 6’4 to 6’8.....
Yeah I’m not sure I would guess 6’7” 44. I’ll bow and say you know more on flip but I think we can both say he believes in Duke and IMO off of what I’ve read and you’ve said and posted he won’t care about coming off the bench . Could he be the one to fire up this young team?

Reactions: Fourteen44
Yeah I’m not sure I would guess 6’7” 44. I’ll bow and say you know more on flip but I think we can both say he believes in Duke and IMO off of what I’ve read and you’ve said and posted he won’t care about coming off the bench . Could he be the one to fire up this young team?
I like me some Flip. I think he’s a 2-3 year player and a natural leader. Who knows man, maybe he will play the 5. Never know anymore.

Reactions: sheyduke
I like me some Flip. I think he’s a 2-3 year player and a natural leader. Who knows man, maybe he will play the 5. Never know anymore.
My bag brother it’s kids who knows. I do think he’s a leader who believes in Scheyer though.

Not sure what I’m missing here but these have been the same rankings for a couple months. Updated rankings come out next week.
Thats not correct. These are updated for rivals. For example, Dariq was #9 and now is #1.

Thats not correct. These are updated for rivals. For example, Dariq was #9 and now is #1.
You’re wrong. Here is a direct quote from the guy who is over the ratings updates which was included in an article he posted yesterday:

“The final Rivals150 for the class of 2022 is set to release next week, and rankings will be set in stone thereafter. It's been a couple months since the last update, so plenty has changed in that time.”

Here is the actual article discussing players who will get a decent bump in the final update next week.

I wonder if Flip will drop a little due to his unispiring play in the 2 All Star games. He looked more like a 20th ranked guy, but I realize small sample size.

I wonder if Flip will drop a little due to his unispiring play in the 2 All Star games. He looked more like a 20th ranked guy, but I realize small sample size.
Flip didn’t play in the McDonalds AA Game and The Jordan Brand Classic doesn’t happen until today. Flip was the only guy mentioned out of Whitehead, Lively and Flip in the article released yesterday by Rivals regarding who had a really good practice and scrimmage. I think Nick Smith Jr is likely to jump from #4 to #2 or 3 in the next rankings if he plays as well as he practiced for The Jordan Brand Classic.

See article below.

Reactions: timritterus
You’re wrong. Here is a direct quote from the guy who is over the ratings updates which was included in an article he posted yesterday:

“The final Rivals150 for the class of 2022 is set to release next week, and rankings will be set in stone thereafter. It's been a couple months since the last update, so plenty has changed in that time.”

Here is the actual article discussing players who will get a decent bump in the final update next week.

Gotcha. You get a gold star for the day.

Reactions: christophero
Just as an FYI, supposedly we have reached out Julian Philips and gaged his interest on taking a visit to Duke before making any decision about where he is going to attend school in 2022 or go to G League. Supposedly, Tennessee, FSU, and G League are out front in his recruitment but found it interesting that we are getting involved. Guess we will see how serious we are and he is about Duke.

Wonder why Duke is pursuing him this late ?

Wonder why Duke is pursuing him this late ?
Not sure. Info is coming from a friend that is involved with his recruitment at University of Tennessee. Ever since Phillips decommitted from LSU, was supposedly only really considering UT, FSU, and G League. That has changed over the last week with Duke, Gonzaga, and Auburn becoming players in his recruitment. As mentioned, Duke is still considered a major dark horse with Phillips but found it really interesting that they are pursuing at all.

Not sure. Info is coming from a friend that is involved with his recruitment at University of Tennessee. Ever since Phillips decommitted from LSU, was supposedly only really considering UT, FSU, and G League. That has changed over the last week with Duke, Gonzaga, and Auburn becoming players in his recruitment. As mentioned, Duke is still considered a major dark horse with Phillips but found it really interesting that they are pursuing at all.
Back up option if certain people don't return.

You would have to ask Jon. I think Moore is leaving so the 3 I guess.
No I mean I always expected Whitehead to float between sg/sf I was just wondering why Duke is looking at another sf with Baker and Mitchell on the bench even though Mitchell plays pf .

I’m not being negative I just don’t see the need for another sf unless it’s a sign Keels and Moore are gone . I think this team really needs frontcourt depth.
I don't want another SF if Keels and Moore are both returning.

On a side note Bacot having fun with Duke on Twitter trying to recruit Sav to the tar heels ( I know it’s a joke but I give the dude props he’s poking at Duke every chance).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT