Mitchell - 30 mpg
Roach - 25 mpg
Proctor - 25 mpg

Finally!
Roach 26
Proctor 28
Mitchell 30
Flip 32
5th starter no clue. One of the freshman guards. Wouldn't surprise me if Blakes or Young mixes it up early. We always have at least one guy out it seems.

Last edited:
Proctor - 28 mpg
Roach - 25 mpg
Mitchell - 23 mpg
Flip - 32 mpg
Young - 20 mpg

Im most conflicted about Mitchell and Young, with Young not being strong defensively, but who else would start there? Hence, he has the fewest minutes of the starters. Then with Mitchell, I have no idea how many minutes to give him. He could be our best defensive player next year (probably will be) but idk how much offense he’ll provide, so idk if that will affect his time. Maybe we try to give Power good minutes.

Mitchell will provide scoring and defense as long as he stays inside . He plays bully ball. He can shoot the three but when he’s around the basket he scores. If he can hit his three pointers he will be a lethal 3-D player.

Last edited:
It’s time boys and girls for everyone’s favorite thread.. since our roster seems set who’s your starters and how many MPG will players get?!?
Well played indeed, Pisgah. I suspect you started this as a joke at my expense.
But the real joke is that you will get enough traffic to threaten the redneck power grid.
Have fun in the circle, boys. May the loser enjoy the bread.
See you at next year's Portal discussion.
OFC

Reactions: Fourteen44 and GAAP
Starters:
Proctor 28
Roach 28
Mitchell 27
Stewart 20
Flip 30

I like the idea of starting Stewart to help Flip with guarding the 5. I think it will help keep Flip out of foul trouble and if nothing else Stewart can help out with help defense. We wouldn’t need as much scoring from Stewart in that lineup also.

Bench:
Foster 20
McCain 20
Power 13
Young 10
Reeves 4

This is how I see the bench minutes starting out and Young/Reeves minutes can be adjusted depending on how quickly Reeves comes a long. As of right now I don’t have Blakes or Schutt getting minutes but I can definitely see them getting something if the opportunity presents itself. Early project during the summer months, things can definitely chance as the season starts. Great team with a ton of options. Exciting times, LFG.

But the real joke is that you will get enough traffic to threaten the redneck power grid.
OFC

No it wasn’t at all it’s a thread we usually have during summer and I’m going through the “summer thread hits”.. sorry you took it the wrong way man

No idea what your weird redneck power grid, enjoy the circle, lower enjoy the bread is supposed to mean?

I suspect he started it based off the crazy notion that people might enjoy talking about Duke basketball on a Duke basketball forum.
Regarding Mitchell I think he makes a big jump and is one of our 3 best players. When he was on he was very good. If he can do that consistently; look out.

Last edited:
I'm hoping MM develops into a player like Wendell Moore, just with better defense. Having the ability to hit mid-range jumpers, drive and finish at the basket, and also having the ability to hit the three at a decent rate. If he can become a reliable scorer for us, then I agree, he would be one of our best and most important players.

OFC
You remind me of Art from the movie Christmas Vacation. A little on the salty side. I mean this is a basketball message board, and a Duke one at that.

Anyway, not sure how the minutes will go. My guess here is against good competition. Flip, Proctor, and Roach will each play at least 32 minutes. I think Mitchell will play at least 28. That leaves 4 guys for what's left.

Duke could be really, really good as long as everyone buys in.

I honestly have no idea because of the 5 situation. I am 100% in the camp Flip cannot be the full time answer at the five and that Reeves/Stewart/Young can fill the void at some point. I think Reeves will improve and could give us a very quality 12 mpg. The true wildcard that can play the 4 or 5 is Stewart and i think hes a big factor that could eat minutes. As for now, have to put the five best on the floor.

Proctor- 34 mpg
Roach- 30mpg
McCain- 22 mpg
Mitchell- 30 mpg
Flip- 30 mpg

I just can't get behind Young giving anymore than 10mpg. Atleast I hope not.

Side note, the poster Will is always so mad and negative haha. Jeez

Last edited:
Feel this year is the hardest minutes projection in a long time. Due to the abundance of guards and the lack of a dominant 5 man, but we have depth at that position. If trades went down in college basketball, we would be a prime candidate to trade 1 or 2 of the guards for an elite 5 man.

Pre ACC play
Proctor 32
Roach 30
Mitchell 30
Flip 32
Young 15

ACC play-March
Proctor 34
Roach 32
Mitchell 30
Flip 34
Stewart 22 Reeves 12

I’m of the opinion that Young will help us early on when the team is still trying to gel, he also can get buckets against the weaker non conference teams. But I don’t trust his defense/rim protection when it comes to nut crunching time down the stretch of the season.

Reactions: dukecorey
Feel this year is the hardest minutes projection in a long time. Due to the abundance of guards and the lack of a dominant 5 man, but we have depth at that position. If trades went down in college basketball, we would be a prime candidate to trade 1 or 2 of the guards for an elite 5 man.

Pre ACC play
Proctor 32
Roach 30
Mitchell 30
Flip 32
Young 15

ACC play-March
Proctor 34
Roach 32
Mitchell 30
Flip 34
Stewart 22 Reeves 12

I’m of the opinion that Young will help us early on when the team is still trying to gel, he also can get buckets against the weaker non conference teams. But I don’t trust his defense/rim protection when it comes to nut crunching time down the stretch of the season.
Lol Stewart won’t be playing the C 5 min a game, let alone 22

Pre ACC play
Proctor 32
Roach 30
Mitchell 30
Flip 32
Young 15

ACC play-March
Proctor 34
Roach 32
Mitchell 30
Flip 34
Stewart 22 Reeves 12

I agree with most of this, especially the heavy minutes for the Big 4. I don't see Stewart playing so much at the 5 and I don't think Young will be out of the rotation at any time of the season. I expect a little of a 3 guard lineup so we can play to our strengths.

Reactions: Mac9192

Pre ACC play
Proctor 32
Roach 30
Mitchell 30
Flip 32
Young 15

ACC play-March
Proctor 34
Roach 32
Mitchell 30
Flip 34
Stewart 22 Reeves 12

Flip is going to play the 5

Reactions: DanTheDukeFan1982II
I wouldn't write Young off just yet. He had a great first half of the season against some top 20 teams. If he could give us that effort for 20 minutes a game we are set. He might play like he did last season, or he could improve.

Reactions: Mac9192
I have no clue how good our 4 freshmen will be. Their ratings say they're solid. Most of the positive talk though seems to be centered around Stewart and McCain.

The better our freshmen are, the more I think Flip plays as our 5.

I have no clue how good our 4 freshmen will be. Their ratings say they're solid. Most of the positive talk though seems to be centered around Stewart and McCain.

The better our freshmen are, the more I think Flip plays as our 5.
i have high hopes for Power starting at the 3 by mid-season. I think he could be really solid as a freshman. Early season Young may start but I think it's more likely it's foster/mccain in the 3rd guard spot.

The problem for Young is that Kyle is going to play a ton. Kyle has tons of strengths, but as it says in the scouting report below, he doesn't have the best lateral quickness or explosiveness. These happen to be major weaknesses for Young, and having the two of them on the court together for say half the game or more, just doesn't seem like it will work well.

Link

With that in mind, the trade off for a guy of his build is generally a lack of quickness. Filipowski has a physical frame that's legitimately ready for the NBA today, but he lacks explosiveness. This could end up holding him back on the defensive end when guarding players on the perimeter. If he's going to be a stretch four in the league, he'll have to guard quick athletes that can get to the rack with ease. As of today, he doesn't have the lateral quickness to guard wings.

The problem for Young is that Kyle is going to play a ton. Kyle has tons of strengths, but as it says in the scouting report below, he doesn't have the best lateral quickness or explosiveness. These happen to be major weaknesses for Young, and having the two of them on the court together for say half the game or more, just doesn't seem like it will work well.

Link

With that in mind, the trade off for a guy of his build is generally a lack of quickness. Filipowski has a physical frame that's legitimately ready for the NBA today, but he lacks explosiveness. This could end up holding him back on the defensive end when guarding players on the perimeter. If he's going to be a stretch four in the league, he'll have to guard quick athletes that can get to the rack with ease. As of today, he doesn't have the lateral quickness to guard wings.
Flip is the exact player Porzingus is . Good offensively and when he came in the league a liability on defense . That’s said porzingus has progressed on defense.

Reactions: Fourteen44
If we're putting our best 5 on the floor; it's small ball with Flip at the 5. Young 10-15 minutes; Reeves 5 minutes or more if he impresses.

• Haha
Reactions: Fourteen44
So who's playing the 5? Jon had zero confidence in Reeves, who played about as much as Kale Catchings. Even with Lively hurt.

Stewart impressed me in the video I saw. He has a solid build. If he's ready and Reeves makes a big jump that will really help. He is supposed to be raw on offense; but we just need defense and rebounding from him.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Stewart is definitely a 4, he isn’t a wing forward. He is usually around the boards, very good rebounder. He will help out with low block defense too.
He’s not a true power forward for college. He’s a year or two from that.

Reactions: christophero
Not sure why people are $hitting all over Reeves months before the season starts. Give the poor kid a chance to play.
Thank you. I’m perplexed over this myself. It’s like the kid has zero potential or will never progress.

Reactions: sheyduke
Huh? I was responding to people saying Reeves would start. Of course I'm rooting for the kid and think he could develop into a role player. I think he is a year away from being in the rotation I've been clear on that. If I'm wrong great that makes us a better team.

Last edited:
So who's playing the 5? Jon had zero confidence in Reeves, who played about as much as Kale Catchings. Even with Lively hurt.
Yes but we don’t even know when Reeves injury happened . To say Jon had zero confidence is a reach given his ankle surgery . Did you know he was hurt ? I didn’t. What’s not to say it was a lingering issue he couldn’t get past ?

Way too many Coors and hot dogs, Chris. All the sodium and swill are clouding your ability to discern between logic and logic.

Reactions: christophero
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT