ADVERTISEMENT

The Carolina Way VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by skysdad:

Originally posted by Heyman25:

Originally posted by OldasdirtDevil:
When Bradley Bethel speaks...Tar Heels listen.

ec
Well done my friend, well done! OFC
That is funny dirt. OFC
Thanks, glad you liked it Heyman & Sky!

OFC

Originally posted by dukiejay:
They would follow Bethel to the moon and back.
They certainly would...but if we could just get them to sign off on a one way ticket.

OFC
This post was edited on 8/7 4:43 PM by OldasdirtDevil

Another work of art. Awesome. Lol. Tweeted it out. Lol. Miss Bethel has actually mentioned me before. Probably hear about this too. Lol. If so , I'm blaming you , OADD. Lol.

"Board governance" receives a "warning" from SACS at UVa. "Decades of pervasive academic fraud" receives "monitoring" at unx. WTF?! SACS = "joke."

Accreditation group ends its monitoring of unc-Chapel Hill over bogus classes

unc-Chapel Hill is off the watch list of the commission that accredits the university, but that could be only a breather as another investigation into the long-standing academic fraud case continues.

UVA...

The accreditation agency put UVa on warning last December, months after Sullivan's ouster and reinstatement. SACS took issue with the fact that a handful of members of the Board of Visitors, including then-Rector Helen E. Dragas, could make the decision to fire Sullivan. The decision turned out to be highly unpopular, drawing near-universal condemnation from students, faculty, alumni, state officials and others.

Wheelan said the decision violated the organization's governance standards. Such massive decisions, she said, cannot be made by a minority of the board. Universities also need to make sure faculty members are involved in these decisions, she said.

"A presidential evaluation needs to involve the entire board," Wheelan said, "not just three members."

http://www.newsadvance.com/news/local/article_5924d2ee-1e6d-11e3-8446-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=jqm

UNC-CHeat

Originally posted by DevilDJ:
Another work of art. Awesome. Lol. Tweeted it out. Lol. Miss Bethel has actually mentioned me before. Probably hear about this too. Lol. If so , I'm blaming you , OADD. Lol.
Glad you enjoyed it, DevilDJ!

And I'm sure babbling Bradley has you on his hit list...he can't stand anyone that doesn't worship his little ol' Tar Heels. Keep up the great work! Oh, and no problem...blame me...I'm old, and don't know what I'm doing most of the time.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Bethel has those Heel followers lapping up the Carolina Kool-Aid. No use to stop now. OFC

BradleyBethelKool-Aid.jpg

This post was edited on 8/8 3:03 AM by OldasdirtDevil

Dr. David Ridpath tellin' it like it is...

Mary Willingham is still a hero in my book!

any attempt to discredit Mary and/or blame the victim just because she has done damage to the unc sports brand (albeit justified by uncs own hand via substandard responses and prior investigations) in an attempt to minimize what happened at unc is misguided and will not work. This does not change what happened at unc and what likely will be confirmed by good, in depth investigations to finally get to the truth.

overzealous message board fans trying to deflect from the real scandal at unc.

To compare any mistake she made in her thesis to the overt and blatant academic fraud to assist in athletic eligibility at unc is flat out wrong. It changes nothing as to what unc did

in the end he was the only one telling the truth, as Mary is about the unc debacle. Fans can have their feel good moment now and take a victory lap, but what happened at unc does not change and realize the NCAA often gets the bulk of their information from perceived "less than credible sources" to make allegations and later sanctions. Typically it does not matter to them.

Plagiarism to me and many other academicians is one of intent...This issue needs to be put in the proper context. Not to minimize anything, but clearly this was not intentional

I do not see any way this constitutes intentional misrepresentation to gain a master's degree... if people think her masters degree will be invalidated and her charges against unc will no longer be taken seriously, I think you will be mistaken.

Placed in context, these mistakes if determined to be plagiarism by uncG, are in no way comparable to what happened at unc Chapel Hill and does not minimize the seriousness of Mary claims, considering most of them have been validated. I reject any attack on Mary as a person or her honesty. Her facing up to this likely unintentional, but serious mistake, shows much more forthrightness and candor that we have seen coming out of Chapel Hill for the past five years.

Mary Willingham as a partner in bringing academic integrity to commercialized intercollegiate athletics and finding out what really happened at unc-Chapel Hill. I believe she will ultimately be vindicated concerning her allegations against unc...Mary Willingham is a hero to me and many others and will continue to be. This recent revelation does not change that.

UNC-CHeat

Originally posted by OldasdirtDevil:

Originally posted by dukiejay:
They would follow Bethel to the moon and back.
They certainly would...but if we could just get them to sign off on a one way ticket.

OFC
We're lucky. But not that lucky, unfortunately.

Attacking Mary Willingham's credibility won't change unc-Chapel Hill's guilt in using athletes

In the midst of an academic scandal, fans of the University of North carolina at Chapel Hill are borrowing liberally from the disgraceful and unprincipled playbook of the Richard Nixon presidency.

That's what makes those who tell the truth so special.

Because they have nothing to gain but misery, people like former unc athletic tutor Mary Willingham should be treasured.

But Willingham's kid-first agenda throws a monkey wrench into the blatant corruption of college sports and the sad exploitation of athletes at the University of North carolina. Not anxious to see the same hammer come down on the Tar Heels that crippled Ohio State and Penn State (for very different reasons), fans have scoured Willingham's academic work to find something that might discredit her as a source of honest accounting for the academic malfeasance authored by school officials.

Perfection doesn't exist in human beings, so the work to find a flaw in Willingham's life was a certainty. That it took this long, if the report is true, is a credit to Willingham's essence of decency.

Willingham's thesis has nothing to do with the facts as corroborated by former unc basketball player Rashad McCants, who claims that he earned a spot on unc's dean's list despite never attending a class or completing any work during an entire semester.

Willingham's decision to back the athletes who have received grades for academic work never required will continue to be attacked by those unenlightened tools of the university that values victory over humanity,

The losers are the "fans" who continue to reveal their lack of character as they scratch and claw to discredit the only reasonable voices in this scandal.

All Willingham will gain is the satisfaction known only by those who do a very difficult right thing.

UNC-CHeat

"Clippity-clop , clippity-clop." Tarhole nation panties wadded over Sterling's article...
laugh.r191677.gif

UNC-CHeat

It's good to see some people step-up and show some support for Mary...and not lose sight of what is important here.

UNC is the one stop store for cheating and lyin'. OFC

FoodLionGoodLyinChapelHill.jpg

Great stuff. Again. BTW , guess who was in the house this weekend? And , no , his name is NOT in the tweet. Seriously. "Like old times," indeed...
laugh.r191677.gif

John Henson ‏@_John_Henson_

Weekend with the fellas .. @hbarnes @KButter5 @JWatts_24 @Lezz_McDonald2 @BRINTCITYNC #LikeOldTimes[/B]

HINT:
, @BRINTCITYNC founded "Kiss Entertainment." Figured it out yet?

roll.r191677.gif

UNC-CHeat

I guess someone decided that buying silence , scrounging up ex-governors , paying 5 grand a pop when necessary and 900 bucks a day is gettin' a little steep. Those of us in NC. Our new tax burden....

wufpakman21
derp?
2285 posts this site
Ignore this Member

Posted: Yesterday 10:29 AM

Re: unc Scandal: Question's Remain for Wainstein/NCAA

A concerned mole at unc just tipped me off on this. Apparently unc was hoping they could slide this by without anyone pointing it out. For years unc claims they are not spending tax dollars to fight the NCAA or for their cough cough "independent investigations". Yet unc has an open position for a full time lawyer, who's main purpose appears to fight the upcoming NCAA investigation and be a legal advisor for the unc public relations team. The same PR team that is smearing anyone that speaks out about the 30 year academic fraud scandal.

Your tax money is paying for this.

The Assistant University Counsel provides advice to the Vice Chancellor and General Counsel, the Chancellor, the administration, faculty and staff on legal matters involving or affecting the institution; advises the University administration on a broad range of initiatives, policy matters and issues, and serves as a liaison between the University and its related and affiliated entities on legal and policy issues. The Assistant University Counsel provides managerial services in terms of program implementation and educational services for a wide range of audiences, including training programs internally on legal and policy matters and educational programs both inside and outside the University for legal audiences and general audiences on matters affecting The University North carolina at Chapel Hill and higher education in general. The Assistant University Counsel will also engage in crisis and opportunity management and preventative counseling, including the identification of high risk activities and enterprises conducted by the University and the articulation of methodologies or strategies for coping with the risks

Wouldn't it be easier just to describe the position as the legal advisor for the unc athletic PR spin machine?

Unreal.

Im guessing another $100-300K of tax payer money spent for this position....and for unc to defend their fraud against the general public and the NCAA.

Tom Ross, and the entire unc system is corrupt.

UNC-CHeat

Great stuff. Again. BTW , guess who was in the house this weekend? And , no , his name is NOT in the tweet. Seriously. "Like old times," indeed...
laugh.r191677.gif

John Henson þ@_John_Henson_

Weekend with the fellas .. @hbarnes @KButter5 @JWatts_24 @Lezz_McDonald2 @BRINTCITYNC #LikeOldTimes[/B]

HINT:
, @BRINTCITYNC founded "Kiss Entertainment." Figured it out yet?

roll.r191677.gif
Must be Fatz. I know these guys are not at UNC anymore, but they are former players...and have contact with present UNC players also. Anyone that doesn't think shady things haven't been going on with Fatz and UNC players (considering past historyt)...I don't know what to say. Can't believe Roy and the UNC gang are pleased with any of this.

I guess someone decided that buying silence , scrounging up ex-governors , paying 5 grand a pop when necessary and 900 bucks a day is gettin' a little steep. Those of us in NC. Our new tax burden....

wufpakman21

derp?

2285 posts this site

Ignore this Member

Posted: Yesterday 10:29 AM

Re: unc Scandal: Question's Remain for Wainstein/NCAA

A concerned mole at unc just tipped me off on this. Apparently unc was hoping they could slide this by without anyone pointing it out. For years unc claims they are not spending tax dollars to fight the NCAA or for their cough cough "independent investigations". Yet unc has an open position for a full time lawyer, who's main purpose appears to fight the upcoming NCAA investigation and be a legal advisor for the unc public relations team. The same PR team that is smearing anyone that speaks out about the 30 year academic fraud scandal.

Your tax money is paying for this.

The Assistant University Counsel provides advice to the Vice Chancellor and General Counsel, the Chancellor, the administration, faculty and staff on legal matters involving or affecting the institution; advises the University administration on a broad range of initiatives, policy matters and issues, and serves as a liaison between the University and its related and affiliated entities on legal and policy issues. The Assistant University Counsel provides managerial services in terms of program implementation and educational services for a wide range of audiences, including training programs internally on legal and policy matters and educational programs both inside and outside the University for legal audiences and general audiences on matters affecting The University North carolina at Chapel Hill and higher education in general. The Assistant University Counsel will also engage in crisis and opportunity management and preventative counseling, including the identification of high risk activities and enterprises conducted by the University and the articulation of methodologies or strategies for coping with the risks

Wouldn't it be easier just to describe the position as the legal advisor for the unc athletic PR spin machine?

Unreal.

Im guessing another $100-300K of tax payer money spent for this position....and for unc to defend their fraud against the general public and the NCAA.

Yeah, this burns me up...NC tax dollars defending this stinking mess.

OFC

Miss Bradley. A maid on a mission. Going after anyone who dares tell the truth about unx. Heck , even tarhole Bob Lee supports Mary ( linked earlier. ) Miss B lost her mind over it. Scroll down. "COMMENTS" section. BTW , that final highlighted portion sounds like a shot at John Blanchard...
laugh.r191677.gif

Bradley Bethel

Bob, regarding the topic of objectivity, I'm curious how many "in-depth, in-person conversations of some duration" you have had with "Mary-haters" recently. Furthermore, I'm curious how many such conversations you've had with the people against whom Mary has made her allegation of "steering" athletes AFAM only to keep them eligible to play. Can you also elaborate on the coursework or experience you have that qualifies you to evaluate her claims about illiteracy among athletes? Thanks for your time.

BL:

Hi Bradley. I'm going to assume you are THE Bradley Bethel - the unofficial leader of the Anti-Mary crowd. The Internet isn't always what it seems as I'm sure you know. I've heard your name but have not followed your comments on all this.

I make no claims to be "an academic" nor have I ever vouched for Mary's data research. Nor do I question "the three experts" used to discredit Mary.

Yes, I've had numerous conversations with members of the anti-Mary side. As well as conversations with unc staff... current and former. As well as members of the media covering this. There are plenty of strong opinions across the spectrum. I understand you are quite passionate on this subject. I am sure your opinions have found favor with a sizable audience. I respect your right to your opinions and your right to voice them.

I assume we are playing under the same rules in that regard.

I don't now, nor have I ever, advise Mary on how she might handle all this. Other than to caution that it is a very brutal, no-holds-barred arena and not for the faint-hearted. I think she agrees with that description.

Bradley Bethel

Bob, thanks for responding. I'm glad you recognize that you are not qualified to evaluate her literacy claims. I am qualified, and I have written several times that her findings are not sound (for example, see the following post: http://coachingthemind.blogspot.com/2014/0...ams-false.html).

Now, do I understand correctly that you have never had an extended conversation (or any conversation) with any of the academic support staff members against whom Willingham has made her allegations? If you haven't, then you have never really approached the situation fairly. All you have are Willingham's claims, which you believe only because she seems nice.

As an iconoclast, you have an important role to play in society. However, unfortunately, your admirable critique of power structures has blinded you to the ruse of a seemingly virtuous reformer whose reform efforts are based on duplicity rather than truth.

By the way, I've written about my email to Chancellor Folt several times, the most comprehensive here: http://coachingthemind.blogspot.com/2014/0...ning-paper.html

Furthermore, she did not respond to that email, nor do I recall ever receiving correspondence from her.

BL:

Ahhhh, now THAT is the Bradley Bethel I was told to expect. I'm awed you have come down from Mt. Olympus to even acknowledge me... and TWICE!

Next time you talk with John Blanchard, give him my regards - a genuine "nice guy"; but as you say I'm hardly qualified to judge such.

I'll let you conduct your scorched earth campaign on Mary and I'll stand here in my humble little bully pulpit and do my thing. Someday maybe all this will end.... yeah, right!

And people accuse ME of being overly verbose !!! :)

Bradley Bethel

Bob, I gave JB your regards. He says you haven't spoken in at least two years. That means that while one can't say you've never spoken with anyone involved in academic support at unc, you haven't spoken with anyone extensively since Willingham made her allegations. Therefore, my point remains: you accepted Willingham's defamatory allegations without considering the perspectives and testimonies of those against whom she made those allegations. While some may ignorantly call your approach objective, I call it predetermined and myopic.

BL:

"predetermined and myopic" OK; that didn't draw blood or leave a scar so I can live with it. Been called much worse and likely will be again. "Myopic" is a fun word to say.

I'm sure you've noticed I have given you unrestricted access to a rather large audience today. Unlike over at InsCarol, contrary opinions are not banned here. Visitors here are capable of deciding for themselves.

Last time I saw John was at Breadmans. Hope he's doing well. I was always glad his name never got much play in this mess. Never sure "why" but glad it didn't.

UNC-CHeat

Cheating Blue Ram ‏@CheatingBlueRam

Wall of Shame - Chronicling the antics of an athletic program masquerading as a Public Ivy.
http://cheatingblueram.blogspot.com/?view=flipcard

UNC-CHeat

Cheating Blue Ram þ@CheatingBlueRam

Wall of Shame - Chronicling the antics of an athletic program masquerading as a Public Ivy.

http://cheatingblueram.blogspot.com/?view=flipcard
That's a great site, DevilDJ...thanks for posting it.

OFC

wufpakman21
derp?
2297 posts this site
Ignore this Member

Posted: Today 10:39 AM

Re: Scandal: BW: Sordid Nature of unc Scandal Remains unchanged

Im hesitant to post because ive heard a couple of different version but one source has told me that more players have indeed come forward. they contacted wainstein . again, not 100% sure yet. these "players" weren't basketball. football & baseball player(s) have come forward to basically back McCants. Again take it fwiw.

unx alum Bob Lee...

If you had not heard that Ken "The Investigator" Wainstein charged $900+/hour would you have blinked if he "only" charged $400/hour? I say "yes"; every feigned outrage comment at Ken's rate would have been uttered at $400 as at $900 so why not go for the $900? $400/hour is still more than most folks make and pretty much no one not named "Little Carol" or Tom is going to take his report seriously anyway.

Hitler asked his generals "Is Paris Burning" and they lied saying "yes mein Fuhrer" when it wasn't. Skeptics (of which there are a few) will ask "Is The Old Well burning?" and if it's not then the four-year incoming artillery barrage will simply continue. As with all wars, the only winners are the folks that make the ammunition.

He also mentioned this...

If you didn't keep checking back on that last column, the comments/responses got pretty "froggy". You might wanna go back and check'em out.

The most recent entry...

bob yandell

Sorry for my lack of clarity BL. Viewing TGU it appears the breadcrumbs lead straight to the athletic dept.. In my mind they were the only dept. that benefited in any way. Yet to the BB's ( Bradley Bethel ) of the world it played no role. I find Mary's explanation infinitely more plausible.

BL:

Historians will confirm your opinion. :) ..... BB will not even merit a hiccup in the final accounting. The body count from TGU is far from complete.

http://www.bobleesays.com/Blogs/BobLee-Says/August-2014/Mary-s-Real-Crime-was.aspx

UNC-CHeat

The Assistant University Counsel will also engage in crisis and opportunity management and preventative counseling, including the identification of high risk activities and enterprises conducted by the University and the articulation of methodologies or strategies for coping with the risks.

Unreal.

This would drive me insane if I lived in NC. I already go nuts when I see we're spending hundreds of millions of tax dollars to get countries to "reintegrate" their citizens after we deport them.

BTW, thank you, DevilDJ! I was away from the board for a while and didn't follow any of this. It was good to be able to come back and have everything I need to read about UNC's corruptness all in a few threads. Keep up the good work!

Mary posted this on her blog today. It's kinda rambling and personal but she stands by her data. In typical tarhole fashion , that despicable fanbase inundated the "COMMENTS" section with a truckload of vile garbage. unx's corruption was exposed and chronicled long before anyone had heard of Mary. Fats , Iceberg , "Wheels4Heelz" , Nyangoro , Crowder , Boxill , AFAM , Butch , Blake etc...all that ( and more! ) had revealed the "carolina way" to be a ginormous lie while Mary was still keeping the ugly truth about unx to herself. That said , she removed many of the responses but kept this one...

ahmodkolodz August 14, 2014 at 7:23 pm

Mary didn't cite her sources 100% correct = unc did not cheat, there were no fake classes, no grades changed, McCants' transcript is phony, none of the impermissible benefits documented ever existed, Roy is as honest as the day is long and you CAN go into a Chapel Hill men's room and the guy in the stall next to you won't be feverishly tapping his foot in hopes of sparking a crime against nature.
^
Summary of the brain trust from IC. Mary you better check under your car before you start it and have someone taste your food before you eat it. The crime of turning in the cheaters and NOT citing your sources 100% completely is a crime that can never be forgiven.

Sue those cheating *** clowns until their powder blue backsides hurt. Flooding your blog comments with insults is their way of protesting the embarrassment of finding out their fabled carolina Way never existed. You've opened a wound that will never heal for a collective group who's identity and sense of worth is contingent on 18 year old boys in powder blue and argyle trimmed shorts wining a basketball game (by any means necessary). They couldn't care less if these kids are used like snot towels by someone with a wicked sinus infection. Pathetic…

Stay the course Mary…you Rock and have more guts than everyone of these silly fan boys with sweaters tied around their waists. Cheaters are gonna cheat…

UNC-CHeat

Mary was spot on, and did it with humor. It's never been about Mary...no matter how hard the Heels try to muddy the waters with attacks on her.

OFC

Notre Dame Football Academic Fraud "Comparable to unc" Report Claims

A source told the South Bend Tribune the scale of alleged fraud is comparable to the highly publicized case at the University of North carolina...

Roy Williams has survived the unc morass ? for now...

UNC-CHeat

Compare/contrast to the CHeats' response...

Jenkins said the school would vacate victories if it is determined players have been ineligible during past competition. All four were members of the 2012 team that played for the BCS national championship.[/I]

Moment of truth time. WTF does unx do if ND vacates an undefeated season...for much lesser crimes too? The Irish are an ACC member now. How does Swofford spin severe sanctions for the new guys vs a wristslap for his alma mater? ND has already booted 4 players. Their investigation includes non-athletes as did unx. Dollars to doughnuts , ND doesn't use that as an excuse to rationalize cheating. Reckon the Irish won't hide behind FERPA either. Not sure if this is bad news for the holes but it sure ain't good.

UNC-CHeat

There will be ramifications!
wink.r191677.gif
I think ND's approach is going to show-up UNC for dragging their Heels. At least I hope so.

OFC
This post was edited on 8/16 2:41 AM by OldasdirtDevil

That's exactly what will happen. Notre Dame will be proactive in cleaning up and self-sanctioning where unx has been proactive in PR , shooting messengers , obfuscation and protecting ill-gotten gains.

Missed this one from back in July. Chansky , as usual , is an idiot....

Art's Angle: Imagined Conversations

Since the University is in shut-down mode over the ongoing athletic and academic scandal (and the NCAA won't make its announced return to campus until the fall), somebody has got to say something.

So I will....

UNC-CHeat

Missed this one from back in July. Chansky , as usual , is an idiot....

Art's Angle: Imagined Conversations

Since the University is in shut-down mode over the ongoing athletic and academic scandal (and the NCAA won't make its announced return to campus until the fall), somebody has got to say something.

So I will....
Wow...what a load of crap! I want to remember to use the 'imagined conversations' defense if I ever get in trouble with the authorities. SMH.

OFC

Vivid imagination. Chansky writes...

He (Nyangoro) isn't even a college sports fan.

WTF? He asked for (and received!) 4 tix to a tarhole fball game. He even got the "honorary coach" designation. He was allowed to actually be on the sidelines during the game. Oh yeah. Not a "college sports fan" my azz. Anyway,about the 1:10 mark,Cowherd goes on a mini-rant. Gives credit to the Irish for the way they've handled their scandal thus far. In doing so,he points out how unx has "attacked the professor" and "made death threats" etc. Around the 3:30 mark he also mentions his preference for having kids from Stanford,ND and DUKE on his show. Holes should LOVE that...

UNC-CHeat

WSJ: Going back to the no-show courses, was it an academic or athletic scandal?

Dr. Folt: For faculty, that was the bigger shaming. We weren't policing our courses, we weren't watching our courses, we weren't checking.

We are doing more, I believe, than anyone now in higher education to make sure our courses are being taught at the quality you want them to be. In the end, no one can give a grade except a faculty member, and so we're going to take responsibility for it.

The next part is, why didn't anyone see it? These are the questions [an independent] investigation is trying to understand, and why we have to continue to clear it up. Until we do, we're still clouded, legitimately, by that concern.

Still blaming the faculty. Shameful. More....

Dr. Folt:[/B] People want to know if you can have big-time athletics and education, and if students that participate in athletics can still be considered credible students. That is the broader question.

Since when has it been a question at unx? Haven't we been assured that due to the "carolina way" athletics and academics are a perfect marriage? Gaudy grad rates for jocks , black student/athletes graduate at a higher rate than black students , etc. What a lyin' sack of PR manure. unx hired the perfect person for their needs. Disgusting.

UNC-CHeat

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT