ADVERTISEMENT

Sulaimon

MSUbluedevil

All American
Jan 3, 2007
Has anyone heard anything about Sheed? Clearly he won't be back as a basketball player at Duke, but where will he end up? Can't imagine his playing days are over.

Still amazed that we tore through the season after Sheed was dismissed. Hopefully he'll catch on at a solid program & straighten his attitude out.

Reactions: Mark Gastineau
It's hard to know whether I'm rooting for him or just want to forget him. I just don't have the info I need to make that judgment. It doesn't effect Duke basketball either way.

edit: OK, so after that statement, I'm just going to give the guy the benefit of the doubt and wish him well. There's no evidence to suggest he was anything more than immature and a sour teammate. If that be the case, I hope he gets it together and plays well next season.

Last edited:
I too hope he gets it figured out and lands on his feet somewhere. He tended to be his own worst enemy.

Reactions: Mark Gastineau
And it will be great when they match up Duke-MD in Cameron for the Big 10-ACC challenge with Sheed starting at SG for MD so that the story can get a whole new life. Can pretty much see it now. lol.

Unless he springs up enough credits to graduate soon, he's going to have to sit out a year before playing for Maryland or anyone else.

I heard several weeks ago from someone connected to the Memphis program that they are pursuing him. Haven't heard much else.

I heard his plan was to graduate after the summer session, therefore he can transfer and be eligible immediately. He will have some major credit hours to account for, but I guess it is possible. I wish him the absolute best, but Maryland? Man that would suck, especially with them being a top 5 team next year.

I really don't care about where he goes (including Maryland), but I definitely don't want the circus of having to play him next season -- and if he goes to Maryland (which is one of our most likely Big 10-ACC matchups), I think it would almost guarantee it. The atmospherics around the entire event would be bad, would create made-for-television drama as ESPN would surely be fixated on how the fans / players / coaches react to Sulaimon on Cameron, and, on the court, I could see Sulaimon lighting us up. As much as he drove us crazy, the kid had a lot talent and would be supremely motivated.

Reactions: MustSeeTV
Apparently Rasheed is on pace to graduate at the end of the summer. If he can do that he'll be eligible first thing next season.

I don't dislike the kid, but he was jekyll and hyde. Wherever he goes I hope he straightens up and does well and has a better attitude. I don't see him hurting us if he played against us, especially being away from the game for a spell but who knows, I do know we will be great defensively.

I really don't even want to play Maryland, period. Don't care how good they are or are going to be, with or without Sheed! Took long enough to get that bitter Maryland taste from my mouth as it is.
Just can't stand them, but I do hope Sheed ends up wherever he will be happy. I still wish him the best of luck with no ill feelings.
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I don't want to play against Sheed just because. His circumstance was different and none of us know the entire story....but he really lived and breathed this program from all accounts. It just didn't work out. I hope he goes somewhere and kills it....just not against us.

I really don't care where he goes as long as it isn't an ACC team (which won't happen I wouldn't imagine). But to echo a previous statement, if he goes to UM it will pretty much guarantee we play them in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge. I just hope its in Cameron. Duke went on the road last year, and I would prefer to not subject our players to the vile cesspool that is the UM student section now that they no longer have to and they are now the Big Ten's problem.

Reactions: VendboyGreg
Wish him nothing but the best. Sounds like Maryland, Texas, Oklahoma, and Arizona State are major players that are after him right now.

I would be totally fine seeing him drive the lane, lose his footing, and fall down 6 times per game in a Maryland uniform.
I liked sheed but damn how many times did we see what you just said happen!!! that is FUNNY

I really loved Rasheed and was so disappointed when it all happened. I know he loved the school and he truly seemed like a great guy and on the very cusp of becoming a big time star for us. What a let down. But life isn't always a bed of roses.

No matter where he goes, including UM, I really hope he turns it around and becomes the player he had potential to be.

Reactions: MustSeeTV
Sheed is a Duke kid. Always will be in my book. I hope he succeeds wherever he goes and I hope that a valuable lesson was taught to him by his experience at Duke.

If he learns to pull back that attitude then he will have learned something even more valuable than basketball.

BUT! Please do not go to Maryland. I'd rather see him in baby blue than dressed as a TWERP. UNC is our rival and I hate them, but Maryland is a disgusting cesspool. It is the only ACC venue I WILL NOT return to watch a game and I have been to all save the new additions.

I was overjoyed when they left the ACC. It was like popping a pimple.

I just hope its in Cameron. Duke went on the road last year, and I would prefer to not subject our players to the vile cesspool that is the UM student section now that they no longer have to and they are now the Big Ten's problem.
This. I personally hope Duke never plays AT Maryland again, just because of their godawful students..

Just saw and now on here that Arizona State is recruiting Sheed. That's Bobby Hurley at ASU, and would love to see him go there. Would be a good fit.
Either way, good luck Sheed.
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

I hope he goes some where that doesn't play Duke. It would be unconformable for both and the media would make more of it than necessary. OFC

Just saw and now on here that Arizona State is recruiting Sheed. That's Bobby Hurley at ASU, and would love to see him go there. Would be a good fit.
Either way, good luck Sheed.
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

I like that move.. I'm guessing Wojo Coached shred at Duke and doesn't think he is worth the risk at this point..

Does sheed lose his entire junior year of eligibility or can he play a year after his dismissal date, like a player that transfers in mid season?

I hope the kid lands on his feet, has a great senior year, and has his own moment, as long as it is not at Duke's expense. Wouldn't mind seeing him at Maryland with Trimble and that group, he would have an excellent shot at going home for a Final Four.

Ojeleye only played 6 games this season and he can't get that year back (2 years left at SMU). Sulaimon, likewise, can't get back anytime from his junior season. Once a player steps on the court to play for a team one season, he cannot get that year of eligibility back if he transfers out of the program. Lots of guys obviously get a year back due to receiving a medical redshirt - which is allowable if they've played less than 30% of team competitions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT