ADVERTISEMENT

RJ Barrett

Status
Not open for further replies.
With summer school and the UNC curricuum, maybe Huffman or Manley could be a grad transfer in to be a Duke big man. No sitting out any more in conference....right?

That’s true. After RJ, who do we go after? lol. I had suggested maybe Duke pursuing Bol Bol because he prolly won’t be going to Arizona(the perceived favorite) now. Didn’t someone on here also mention 2019 Bacot reclassifying? I like the idea of a grad transfer as well, or giving Vrank a chance would suit me fine also, and there’s also the possibility that Bolden could return also.

Even if Bolden came back, that's three bigs with game experience on roster. The staff would like at least one more. The only other 2018 guy left who may give Duke the time of day would be Simi Shittu. Arizona had a lot of names on their board, all of which are slowly coming off.

hart those high tech mobile units aren't worth a darn when ya lose power. When you go in for the layup the power cord pulls out of the wall. Best to use a tank with a pull cart and a 300 foot nasal mask hose.

Using the tank/pull cart from now on! OFC

Reactions: gottagonow
We might need to start a UK quote thread since most of us are banned from thr and don't see their quotes. I've even thought that one of the reasons we have so many banned is so we don't see their troll heel anti Duke quotes. It's just like their cheating basketball team sweeping that dirt under the rug so no one can see it but it's still there. By banning us we can't see the dirt and crap they are putting up but it's still there. OFC

#hofcoachroywilliams knew and that ain't dirt on them heels.
Honestly, if you get banned on RR you probably deserved it. They have tolerant mods and most of their posters will treat Duke fans civilly if you reciprocate.

UNC on the other hand, it's almost impossible to not get banned.

I heard again today that RJ's decision is close.

If his announcement comes in early Nov, I'm pretty sure that benefits Duke. But what I heard yesterday is he was getting close to a decision.

This is what was said (directly from a college basketball coach) "each on of those 3 offer him something good and no one should minimize Oregan's status with him. But in the end of the day, these one and done kids want to play their final year surrounded by talent and with the opportunities to win a National Championship. From everything I hear, he knows where he wants to go but is in the final stages of making that decision. Then he will probably sleep on it for a bit then announce it."

For what it's worth, today his crystal ball was changed to Duke as the favorite. Usually Meyers doesn't do that w/o specific info. It's crazy that we may have Tre, Cam and RJ on the same team. And would it shock any of us - the way we're recruiting - if somehow Zion ended up at Duke as well? :)

9 days till his announcement. Landing the #1 player in this class would be nice. Any recent news? Everything I've read we are in the driver's seat.

It's very quiet. I did see the crystal ball prediction just added another vote for Duke. I sure hope this is not like Knox.

I would be extremely shocked if the pick isn’t Duke! I feel so confident about this one that I would be willing to bet my car if RJ goes elsewhere lol

Reactions: jwill133
I would really like to have this kid, not just because he is a great talent but because it would be a big kick in the nuts to the Kentucky fanbase. They deserve to have Barrett choose Duke.
What would be a kick in the nuts to them big time is if Zion goes elsewhere. It looks like they are going to miss out on Bol Bol as it appears he is heading to Oregon. I hope Zion does not go to the holes though. I just hope he stays in State if he doesn’t come to Duke. I’m definitely not betting a car on Zion to Duke lol.

I had lots of gas when Knox picked Ky!:D

OFC
I did too, but man how things have worked out for Duke though. If Knox doesn’t go to uk and comes to Duke, then I highly doubt we get Bagley. Really ended up being a blessing in disguise. Also we ended up getting a multi year player out of it also in Tucker, which I am thrilled about that also.

May not be this year, but I really think there's a time that Goldwire does some big things for us

I think he will too....and I guess it depends on your definition of big. Do I think he will ever be a full-time starter at Duke? Probably not (unless of course there's an injury). But if he buys in defensively, which I think won't be a problem for him, and he can be efficient, well, then I see no reason why he can't be a 20 minute/game kind of guy as a junior and senior.

I think he will too....and I guess it depends on your definition of big. Do I think he will ever be a full-time starter at Duke? Probably not (unless of course there's an injury). But if he buys in defensively, which I think won't be a problem for him, and he can be efficient, well, then I see no reason why he can't be a 20 minute/game kind of guy as a junior and senior.
I agree with ur assessment of his playing time and consider that as a big contributor

In regards to the Duke coaching staff (Jeff Capel I believe) visiting RJ Barrett today, the posters at RR believe that’s it’s a desperation move by the coaching staff because they don’t feel confident that he’s going to pick Duke.

In regards to the Duke coaching staff (Jeff Capel I believe) visiting RJ Barrett today, the posters at RR believe that’s it’s a desperation move by the coaching staff because they don’t feel confident that he’s going to pick Duke.

As usual, they think everything revolves around them....and anything that doesn't, isn't important anyway

Reactions: DiehardDukeFan4Life
If zion decides in the fall it's duke. UK doesn't know who will leave or return and the won't know till may. You know bagley and Carter are gone. Come play the 4 in college were you will be a nightmare and cam and rj got your back.

I love how they think that Capel tells recruits to start following uk players on twitter to troll the fans. They are such idiots.

Reactions: DiehardDukeFan4Life
It's all good. What makes you all say it's a done deal to Duke?

I've had convo's with AAU coaches in the San Diego and LA areas, and although most of them say from what they were told he's prob going to Duke, but they all spoke about either Kentucky or Oregan.

One of the AAU coaches out of San Diego, who I really trust, said "I've known RJ for a couple of years and have seen him play and played against him during that time. He's a complete talent in he can do it all on both ends of the court. Now he does need to work on parts of his game like shooting the three more consistently, being better at getting others the ball; not consuming the ball, and obviously getting stronger, but that said. "He's an absolute stud. He's tailor made for Duke, Kentucky and Oregan and would be an impact at any of those college. I'm not here to spoil his moment, and, in my opinion, he's known where he is going for some time now. It's wouldn't surprise me to hear him announce for any of the three colleges, but it would shock me to not hear him say one of them. [He laughs] I'm guess you were probing for more info than that, but like I said I'm not here to spoil his moment; it's his day, and his story to tell."

Although I've spoke to coaches, I'm not set to say he's going to Duke until on Nov 10 he says Duke.

Sounds good. Let's wait til the 10th. Say....6 pm TSN ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT