ADVERTISEMENT

Quinn's Next Move?

hotchkis

All Conference
Aug 7, 2011
What's Quinn gonna do after graduation? Will he give the NBA a try or do you think there's already an open spot on K's bench for him?

Europe I'd guess. I don't think he has the size / athleticism to play in the NBA, but he's a very good player. I think he could easily have a pretty good career abroad.

Originally posted by aah555:
Europe I'd guess. I don't think he has the size / athleticism to play in the NBA, but he's a very good player. I think he could easily have a pretty good career abroad.
^This. Whatever he decides to do, I wish this young man the very best, he sure deserves it.
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

NBDL briefly, then Spain or Greece I bet. Ultimately, I see him back in DC after he hangs it up. Great guy.

I think Quinn is a fantastic leader and captain on the court but I don't think he's assistant coach material. I Agree he could end up making some serious cabbage overseas.

He's a much more dangerous all around player than Steve Kerr ever was and could be a marksman for plenty of contending teams needing 3 pt shooting.

Some nice $ to be made in Europe. Langdon & Ewing cleaned up in Russian league.

Originally posted by shicashicu:
He's a much more dangerous all around player than Steve Kerr ever was and could be a marksman for plenty of contending teams needing 3 pt shooting.
Meh. Do you know how good of a player Steve Kerr was in his day? I don't think Quinn is near the shooter as Kerr. And that's not a knock on Quinn.

My guess is Quinn is a pro for many years overseas. He'll get some looks from NBA teams, but ultimately I think size will be a his biggest issue. He's a shooting guard stuck in a point guard's body by NBA standards.

I actually think he has a shot to make an NBA roster as a PG given the right team/situation. He's played PG his whole life except for this season. I could see him being a decent 12th man/3rd string PG. All NBA PGs have to be able to shoot from long range, and be quick, and Quinn can do both. It also won't hurt that he comes from Duke and Coach K.

If Lance and Andre are in the NBA, don't count this kid out. He has skills, and now the mental edge to go with it.

While it's certainly not out of the question for Quinn to get a shot at the end of someone's bench, I do think the key difference between Quinn and Lance / Andre is that Quinn doesn't have any one elite skill that will makes him valuable to an NBA team. Lance was never much of an offensive player at Duke, but he was an extremely good / versatile defensive player by the end of his career that can now do a pretty good job defending NBA 3s and 4s. Andre, though streaky, obviously offers elite 3 pt. shooting talent. Maybe Quinn's emergence as a defender as a sr. may portent his use as an end-of-bench scrappy PG, but I am not sure if that will translate to the next level when he suddenly faces significantly better athletes -- i.e., I think you need to be a lot more athletic than Quinn to carve out a niche as a defensive stopper. Though, you never know. Crazier things have happened -- e.g., see Shavlik Randolph still hanging around the NBA years after Shelden Williams left for Europe.

Reactions: dukiejay
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT