ADVERTISEMENT

Put these players in order

TheDude1

Cameron Crazy
Apr 15, 2010
So. Put these players, from the title-winning years, in order of "how good they were."

Jon Scheyer
Tyus Jones
Chris Duhon
Jason Williams
Quinn Cook
Nolan Smith
Kyle Singler
Justise Winslow
Mike Dunleavy
Shane Battier
Lance Thomas
Amile Jefferson
Jahlil Okafor
Brian Zoubek
Carlos Boozer

Shane Battier
Jason Williams
Jon Scheyer
Kyle Singler
Nolan Smith
Tyus Jones
Jahlil Okafor
Carlos Boozer
Quinn Cook
Chris Duhon
Justise Winslow
Mike Dunleavy
Amile Jefferson
Lance Thomas
Brian Zoubek

I'm going with a college career thing rather than just that championship year or championship run, and not holding it against guys who were around for less than 4.

Shane
JWill
Jah
Scheyer
Smith
Singler
Tyus
Booz
Dunleavy
Zoubs
Quinn
Justise
Duhon
Amile
Lance

Wow. That's tough. I think the last 3 are pretty locked in for me. Whoever came in right before that was going to cause me to wince for having him so low... I broke my rule about career ranking, too, with Zoubs. What you do in your last at-bat matters, and he really was the x-factor that propelled us to the title in 2010. Nolan, too, as he was really only better than Kyle their senior year, but that meant ACC PoY and AA status.

Shane Battier
Jason Williams
Jon Scheyer
Kyle Singler
Nolan Smith
Tyus Jones
Jahlil Okafor
Carlos Boozer
Quinn Cook
Chris Duhon
Justise Winslow
Mike Dunleavy
Amile Jefferson
Lance Thomas
Brian Zoubek
Wow. Our lists are remarkably similar. Same top 8, with only Jah being more than one spot different.

wow....difficult exercise!! I bet if I did it 5 times, none would match. why no Laettner, Hurley, Hill?

Jason Williams
Shane Battier
Justise Winslow
Carlos Boozer
Nolan Smith
Tyus Jones
Kyle Singler
Quinn Cook
Jahlil Okafor
Jon Scheyer
Mike Dunleavy
Amile Jefferson
Chris Duhon
Brian Zoubek
Lance Thomas

I'm going by that season...

Battier
Singler
Jason Williams
Tyus
Scheyer
Nolan
Justise
Dunleavy
Cook
Jah
Boozer
Zoo
Duhon
Amile
Lance

Jah!??? Dude was the only player in acc history to be acc roy and poy in the same season, not to mention concensus first team AA. Man you guys are rating him way too far down. IMO it's Jwill, shane and Jah locked in at the top.

wow....difficult exercise!! I bet if I did it 5 times, none would match. why no Laettner, Hurley, Hill?

Jason Williams
Shane Battier
Justise Winslow
Carlos Boozer
Nolan Smith
Tyus Jones
Kyle Singler
Quinn Cook
Jahlil Okafor
Jon Scheyer
Mike Dunleavy
Amile Jefferson
Chris Duhon
Brian Zoubek
Lance Thomas
Wondering the same thing considering Laettner, Hurley, and Hill played on a top 5 college basketball team of all time.

Singler better than Jason Williams? Ummmmmmm NAH !

As important to that team I didn't say better I did this as take them off the team how would they do. 01 would of still had a shot with duhon 10 no shot without him

Wondering the same thing considering Laettner, Hurley, and Hill played on a top 5 college basketball team of all time.

This came from a discussion of the best title teams from 2000-now. I was thinking the 2010 team wasn't getting enough love, and then was going through the starting lineups and comparing them, and then started to wonder how people in general felt.

This came from a discussion of the best title teams from 2000-now. I was thinking the 2010 team wasn't getting enough love, and then was going through the starting lineups and comparing them, and then started to wonder how people in general felt.
Oh ok I got ya!

J. Will
Battier
Okafor
Singler
Smith
Scheyer
Tyus
Boozer
Dunleavy
Justise
Cook
Amile
Duhon
LT
Zoubek

For me, the top three was pretty easy. Middle tier guys were the most difficult to rank. So many Duke greats in there. This exercise really just made me nostalgic and depressed that we didn't get a couple more years from Okafor, Tyus and Winslow.

Jay Williams
Battier
Jahlil
Justise
Tyus
Nolan
Singler
Dunleavy
Boozer
Scheyer
Duhon
Cook
Lance Thomas
Zoubek
Amile

That was very enjoyable to do

Reactions: LTDukeFan
There's no way jahlil isn't in the top 3. We love Tyus and what he did but Jahlil was dominant all year

Christian Laettner
Bobby Hurley
Johnny Dawkins
Grant Hill

Shane Battier
Jason Williams
Carlos Boozer
Jon Scheyer
Tyus Jones
Justise Winslow
Jahlil Okafor
Kyle Singler
Mike Dunleavy
Nolan Smith
Chris Duhon
Quinn Cook
Amile Jefferson
Lance Thomas
Brian Zoubek

Reactions: spike05rk
If they had played at UNC, all would have their jerseys in the rafters (or the THR folks would think they should). Hang another banner.

Jah!??? Dude was the only player in acc history to be acc roy and poy in the same season, not to mention concensus first team AA. Man you guys are rating him way too far down. IMO it's Jwill, shane and Jah locked in at the top.
There's no way jahlil isn't in the top 3. We love Tyus and what he did but Jahlil was dominant all year
I bet it's his very mediocre championship game while Tyus tore it up that makes a lot of people forget. I ranked him right (;)) but Tyus was way more clutch. He might compete for a starting spot on the all-clutch team, though it's hard not to give all 5 of those spots to Laet.

So. Put these players, from the title-winning years, in order of "how good they were."

Jon Scheyer
Tyus Jones
Chris Duhon
Jason Williams
Quinn Cook
Nolan Smith
Kyle Singler
Justise Winslow
Mike Dunleavy
Shane Battier
Lance Thomas
Amile Jefferson
Jahlil Okafor
Brian Zoubek
Carlos Boozer

jasom Williams
Tyus jones
Jahlil okafor
Shane battier
Quinn cook
Nolan smith
Mike dunleavy
Kyle singler
Carlos boozer
Justice Winslow
Chris duhon
Jon scheyer
Amile Jefferson
Brian zoubek
Lance Thomas

Hell I give up too hard...you could rearrange this a million times based off different things

A lot of folks remember how clutch tyus was on the final Monday night, don't forget how clutch Mike Dubleavy Jr was as well in 2001!! Those three threes changed the complexion of the game and sent us to the win.

A lot of folks remember how clutch tyus was on the final Monday night, don't forget how clutch Mike Dubleavy Jr was as well in 2001!! Those three threes changed the complexion of the game and sent us to the win.
Exactly you could number these guys differently based off so many things ..my list would look completely different based off of like importance or clutch ... or all kinda things ...what they did ..etc..but he just said how good they were so...:)

Exactly you could number these guys differently based off so many things ..my list would look completely different based off of like importance or clutch ... or all kinda things ...what they did ..etc..but he just said how good they were so...:)
Then your list should look a lot different hahahaha

Sorry "lol" in your case

Reactions: Dattier
Then your list should look a lot different hahahaha

Sorry "lol" in your case
How so lol..u could ask 100 guys every list would be different ??... guess urs is the 1 that's correct lol tell me something I don't know

I'm surprised at how consistently low Zoubs is ranked on a lot of these lists. I know he wasn't much of a factor for 3+ years, but his senior year he was so, so crucial to our championship. Jah, Tyus, and Justise certainly deserve high marks on the basis of a single season -- why not Zoubs? Lance and Amile, for example, had far more consistent career contributions, but neither of them had a peak like Zoubs. I mean, I only have him 10th out of 15, but having him in the bottom 2 just seems really off.

One of the more interesting decisions is how to rank SSS. Kyle was the '10 FF MOP (and NCAAT, too, right? Do they even distinguish between those?); Jon was the closest thing to a PG we had that season, plus the leading scorer and ACC PoY runner-up and a highly consistent 4-year player; Nolan was first team AA and ACC PoY as a senior, but had 2 lackluster years before really breaking out. Nolan had the single best season among them. Jon and Kyle had stronger overall careers.

Ha, I was just wondering why Zoubek was so high on yours, Dat. He was soooo frustrating for like 3 1-2 seasons. Every time he got the ball, even from 2 ft. away, I knew he would blow it by either traveling or simply blowing it with some goofy ass, awkward "move." He sucked. Granted, he was very important in the tournament title run with his defense and rebounding. Other than that he was horrendous. I have been a Duke fan for over 20 years and never thought any player was a bigger waste of space than him. Sorry if I offend anyone and maybe I should keep that to myself.

Reactions: IPSYCHOSIS
Ha, I was just wondering why Zoubek was so high on yours, Dat. He was soooo frustrating for like 3 1-2 seasons. Every time he got the ball, even from 2 ft. away, I knew he would blow it by either traveling or simply blowing it with some goofy ass, awkward "move." He sucked. Granted, he was very important in the tournament title run with his defense and rebounding. Other than that he was horrendous. I have been a Duke fan for over 20 years and never thought any player was a bigger waste of space than him. Sorry if I offend anyone and maybe I should keep that to myself.
You're right about Zoubek. For 3 1/2 years Duke got very little out of him, but then he became the missing piece on way to their title. He went from dud to stud starting with the Maryland game

Wow. That's harsh. We don't even make the E8 w/o him in '10.

Congratulations on holding your tongue this long before calling an outstanding student who persisted through 3 injury-plagued years and then provided the missing piece to a national championship the "bigg[est] waste of space" Duke ever had.

Wow. That's harsh. We don't even make the E8 w/o him in '10.

Congratulations on holding your tongue this long before calling an outstanding student who persisted through 3 injury-plagued years and then provided the missing piece to a national championship the "bigg[est] waste of space" Duke ever had.

Sorry but up until he actually contributed the last few weeks of 2010 he was terrible. Most frustrating player I have ever seen. Totally clueless offensively but yes, was a big part of the championship run. Up until that point he was painful to watch. Again, sorry.

Difficult to list - esp. after the first three (which, to my mind, are clearly the best of the group as CBB players).
1. Battier
2. Williams
3. Singler
4. Boozer
5. Duhon
6. Dunleavy
7. Scheyer
8. Winslow
9. Tyus Jones
10. Nolan Smith
11. Lance Thomas
12. Cook
13. Jefferson
14. Zoubek

Difficult to list - esp. after the first three (which, to my mind, are clearly the best of the group as CBB players).
1. Battier
2. Williams
3. Singler
4. Boozer
5. Duhon
6. Dunleavy
7. Scheyer
8. Winslow
9. Tyus Jones
10. Nolan Smith
11. Lance Thomas
12. Cook
13. Jefferson
14. Zoubek
lol
You left out Okafor. You meant to, didn't you? DIDN"T YOU?!?!?1?

Reactions: youngman42
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT