ADVERTISEMENT

Pro Scout's Eval- Canada games

Jake1985

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Apr 7, 2002
RJ- "I've said, and I will continue to say it, he's the number 1 in the NBA Draft in 2019. He showed off his versatility by not only scoring, but running the point and dishing 10 assist in one of the games. He can do everything on the court. I know (Marvin) Bagley had a very good year in college, but I'm going out on a limb because I think RJ will be more productive overall. Maybe he won't have the ppg and rpg average, but RJ is a willing defender how can lock down other players. In terms of improving his game, he needs to still be locked in on his outside shooting and he needs to scan the floor quicker to identify a teammate in a shoot/ready position. I see him focusing on the rim as his primary option. These are fixable things."

Zion- "Wow, just wow. Count me in as one of the ones who had questions on how his playing style and skills fit on a team with other studs. Not only did he show that he's an ultimate team player, but he, at times, out shined the potential number 1 overall pick in 2019. Zion is able to do many more things at a very high level and his body control is off the charts. He shot the 3 ball pretty well, a tracked off the dribble effectively and was crafty/creative. But what really stood out was his ability to rebound in traffic. Some of those rebounds he grabbed were more impressive than his dunks. His stock has really risen. If there were any flaws, I'd say a lot of his Layups were scoop shots which against better players will get blocked or altered and at his size, how will he hold up physically."

Bolden-"I'd say underwhelming performance. Everyone keeps waiting and expecting to see more or him to break. But now the questions are being asked if that's who he is... a player who has the skill and physicality, but is unable to transfer those things into game performance. We have seen other players like this. He is a Jr and maybe sometime this year or next it will all come together. As of now, the verdict is still out. His stock is diminishing."

Jack- "He showed something in Canada. He's progressed as a player; maybe that was always in him and he needed confidence or maturity. What's intriguing is his build: long arms, strong, good rebounder and passer. I'll be interested in seeing him compete this year."

Vrank- "The Sr big man sure did play with energy and impacted the game with his size. It's always good to see a Sr respond. His size will always have scouts looking, but he's not overly mobile or athletic. He's not as skilled as a guy like (Brian) Zoubek or athletic as (Marshall) Plumlee. Curious to see how he plays with this Duke group which can really get up and down the floor"

Javin- "I see Javin as having the potential to follow the same path as former Duke players Amile Jefferson, and Lance Thomas. High energy guys that don't have a true position in the NBA, but are willing to do the dirty work. He played well with the current Duke squad because he can run the floor and is very active on the boards and defensively. But just like the other 2 Former Duke guys I mentioned, his offensive skills are not far along developed. He's one to watch."

Jordan- "A steady guy. Not one thing he excels at not one thing is his Achilles. He's a true program glue guy and great back up option at the PG. Showed he can defend and deliver passes. Hit some shots too. If he wants to get on the NBA radar, he will need to show more of who he is and impact a game"

Joey- "He's is more physically developed than I first thought. His play was up and down as expected because he's truly a year younger than the other Fr. He at times showed his willingness to rebound and get on the floor. His defending will need to develop. He has a very good looking shooting stroke. He's a prospect down the line."

JRob- "He's better than true walk-ons, and I'm not sure what his role will be or how much time he will get. He has energy and size, but how his playing ability really is is still unknown. Great young man."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News