ADVERTISEMENT

Predict the 2019 Class

Check all players you think will commit to Duke.

• Total voters

What Would Jesus Do?

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Nov 28, 2010
The options are all the offers shown as "warm" or "warmer" on 247 - listed in ranking order.

The lead number is their rank, the trailing number is the % prediction to Duke.

Check all the players you think Duke will sign....

I feel good about all the high % guys. I can't get a good read on Carey. I know we are supposedly leading, but something doesn't feel solid yet to me.

I feel good about all the high % guys. I can't get a good read on Carey. I know we are supposedly leading, but something doesn't feel solid yet to me.
How many players do you think you'll land for the 2019 class?

How many do you need?

Stewart, Antoine, James and Moore.

Anthony to Oregon
Carey to Miami
Mannion to Zona
Bacot to UNC
Carey to Miami would be a huge get for Larranaga. Good coach, but struggles with recruiting.

Glancing at his 2018 class on 247, I see that he put out 39 offers and got . . . zero commits.

Yikes!

Fortunately for Miami, he's popular with transfers.

James, Antoine, Moore, Bacot, Stewart.

If I had it, I would bet significant money on those 5 committing to Duke. And soon.

I think then we either bring in RJ Hampton or Cole Anthony.

Reactions: tw3301
If Bacot commits to UNC early and Kansas botches the lead they hold, Duke may be in line for Matthew Hurt or a player like Drew Timme or name another stretch 4. Stewart, Antoine, Moore and Anthony/James is seemingly in the works though.

If Bacot commits to UNC early and Kansas botches the lead they hold, Duke may be in line for Matthew Hurt or a player like Drew Timme or name another stretch 4. Stewart, Antoine, Moore and Anthony/James is seemingly in the works though.

Good assessment. I also think UNC is very much in the mix for Cole Anthony.

What’s your read on Carey? The last thing I read was that he was a heavy Duke lean.

Duke isn't getting Hurt and Timme didn't include Duke in his final 10.

Bacot will much more likely than not be at Duke.

Reactions: tw3301
Good assessment. I also think UNC is very much in the mix for Cole Anthony.

I would be surprised.

My read is this: Duke is going to put together a really good 5 guy class (James, Antoine, Moore, Stewart, and Bacot) and tell Anthony he has the keys if he wants. That will be tough to turn down.

Reactions: Dukebonedoc
It's not "one or the other"

Duke wants both and they likely get them

Agree to disagree I suppose. The amount of time Carolina has put into Bacot still lends me to think we have the edge at the present time. You laid off him for awhile.

As for Anthony, well what happens if Tre Jones is still there? Not exactly a lot of room.

I would be surprised.

My read is this: Duke is going to put together a really good 5 guy class (James, Antoine, Moore, Stewart, and Bacot) and tell Anthony he has the keys if he wants. That will be tough to turn down.
If I were James (the #12 player and #1 PG) I'd be seriously pissed if K recruited over me and handed the keys to Anthony.

Who knows, maybe he'd be cool with that. Maybe he doesn't see himself as OAD and is willing to wait a year for his turn. But it just seems like an instant chemistry problem.

Greg Anthony is not high on duke. So if Cole ends up there, you can be assured he reLly wanted it and wasn’t pushed there by his parents (or hanger-ons of some sort).

But Greg is very close with Hubert. That along with Roy and other UNC staff being in very good touch with Cole often is leading many to think he’ll opt for the Heels. Personally, I think he goes the Fultz route and attends a non-blueblood. I see him at Oregon. And if that increases the Heels chances of landing a fantastic multi year player like Tre Mann, I’ll take that all day.

I’m sure any major brand has a shot. His recruitment is truly not one of loyalty, but “what can you do for me?”

I'm not entirely sure what that is supposed to mean. There is a reason Cole visited Wake and UNC while in NC for the CP3 camp. And it's because members of those coaching staffs attended the PSA combine.

Duke, unfortunately, did not send anyone.

James, Antoine, Moore, Bacot, Stewart.

If I had it, I would bet significant money on those 5 committing to Duke. And soon.

I think then we either bring in RJ Hampton or Cole Anthony.
This^

I would be surprised.

I bet Duke lands James, Antoine, Moore, Stewart, Carey, and Anthony.

I'm not entirely sure what that is supposed to mean. There is a reason Cole visited Wake and UNC while in NC for the CP3 camp. And it's because members of those coaching staffs attended the PSA combine.

Duke, unfortunately, did not send anyone.

Because of extenuating circumstances. Their absence was explained and accepted. Whatever beef Greg had with Duke was strictly inmaturity and happened almost 30 years ago now. Greg has since come out in interviews and talked about how much he respects Duke and K in particular.

In terms of explaining my earlier post, it’s pretty obvious. Cole is bound to be a potential perennial all star in the NBA. If he’s going to college for a year, it ain’t going to be at Mount St. Mary’s.

I think that's wishful thinking but it wouldn't upset me if that happened.

I think it's very realistic with the way K has been recruiting. Preferably, I hope we land Bacot to pair up with Stewart (to have multi-year players). However, I won't complain with landing Carey if this happens.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT