ADVERTISEMENT

Scout on Towns, Bruner and Duke

Jake1985

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Apr 7, 2002
Seth Towns

Scout: “He did show ability when he played a while back, but he probably needs a year to get back into form, test out those knees, and get back into playing shape. What he has shown was the ability to score and shoot the ball efficiently. Put up some good number in the Ivy League. Has good size for a 2/3 type Duke, but played some as a 4 for Harvard. He projects more of a 2/3 at the next level and will need those 2 years in college to get NBA guys to trust that he physically can hold up. Also, it will be good to see if how his game transforms to meet the demands of a much bigger conference and playing both with and against NBA prospects. Ohio St is the home town school and I’m sure there is some pressure to stay at home and play. Ohio St should be solid too.”

Scout on his take of Towns and Duke: “Duke, on the other hand, has a lot of TV exposure and probably more guys on the roster that will be in the NBA at some point. So if he is looking to pursue the NBA path, Duke gets more air time. Can’t count out the Duke connection between Coach K and Tommy. Either program will get a player that if he can show physically he is healthy, he will impact both teams.”

Scouts prediction: “I’d say Ohio St, but I’m not confident in that, just because we are talking Duke, and Coach K, and their ability to get kids in the NBA. And that’s by no means a knock on the Ohio St. Program.”

Jordan Bruner

Scout: “In my opinion, he’s a Pro, and in any other year, he would enter the draft, but with how things are right now it best for him to keep his options open as he is. I like his game as a versatile guy that projects as a ¾ type guy in the League, whereas in college he might be more of that stretch 4 guy. I like that he is vested on both ends of the floor. He’s just a solid player. The thing that stands out besides for his 3 point shooting percentage being pretty good is his ability to block shots and grab rebounds at 205ish. In the college game, he will excel where ever he lands. As a Pro he has abilities, it will be how fast he adapts to the Pro game and the Pro player. If he does elect to go to college, it might be good for him to play in a power conference at a program where he competes against other NBA prospects both in practices and in games.

Scout on his take of Bruner and Duke: As far as fit, he would fit right in as a 4 or even a small ball 5 because he has defensive skills. He might need to add some strength and weight, everything else is there. Duke could play through him much like the 5 in the last few seasons. I think Duke sees that and knows Williams is not that type of player right now. In order for him to go to Duke, some things on their roster for next will have to play out first or at least be known and presented to him, for him to go to Duke.”

Scouts prediction: “I think he will go the Pro route and make a decision form there. If he goes to college, where he ends up, I think will a lot will have to do with the rosters of the programs he is looking at and what program can him best prepared for the the NBA."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News