ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sports trivia part 2.

Speaking of Heisman winners,Red Wilson's 1980 Duke football team ventured on the road to play that year's award winner. The running back helped lead his team to a 20-7 win over our Devils....Can you name him?

OFC

That’s correct, you were in attendance also huh?

You’re up

NCirishman should be up. He got two of them in Dorsett and Ward. I know I've confussed everyone including myself. The third guy was George Rogers of the Carolina Gamecocks. He was a big powerful back and I was at that game also with the Pitt and Dorsett game. I don't remember how many yards Rogers got that day or if Duke won. What I do remember is there was this S.C. fan about two rows down in front of us. He had to be at least 80 plus years old . I have know idea how got there but he was so drunk that when he stood up he wobbled. Every ten minutes or so he would stand up and turn around and say to us " you people seem to always have a decent football team but this is the shitiest stadium I've ever been to. " He would then sit down, forget what he had just said and in about 10 minutes or so stand up, turn around and say the same thing to us again. All we could do was laugh at him. Ok NCirishman ask a good one. OFC

That's correct about 1980. It was 1978 when S.C. came to Wallace Wade with soph. George Rodgers that I saw. Duke won that day 20-16. Duke played at S.C. in 1979 and 1980. At that time does anyone know what conference South Carolina played in ? OFC

Last edited:
NCirishman got Dorsett and Ward.dtodd came up with Rogers. 1st one who reads this goes. I should have done my homework. Sorry guys. OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
Here's the complete list, I believe. Curiosity got the best of me.

Mark Ingram, Alabama, 2010
Charlie Ward, Florida State, 1993
George Rogers, South Carolina, 1978
Tony Dorsett, Pittsburgh, 1976
Roger Staubach, Navy, 1963
Joe Bellino, Navy, 1960

Here's the complete list, I believe. Curiosity got the best of me.

Mark Ingram, Alabama, 2010
Charlie Ward, Florida State, 1993
George Rogers, South Carolina, 1978
Tony Dorsett, Pittsburgh, 1976
Roger Staubach, Navy, 1963
Joe Bellino, Navy, 1960

That's amazing. I learned a lesson. Do you research. OFC

That's amazing. I learned a lesson. Do you research. OFC

I enjoy doing research like that. Don't know why. I post random stats on the main board semi-frequently.

So my brother played for the Naval Academy. He captained the team a few years back. One thing interesting I remember reading about Bellino in their football museum was that he had 18 inch calves. They were so thick they had to cut a slit down the back of his uniform pant leg to allow him to fit. Found this image of Bellino online.

view-of-navys-prize-halfback-joe-bellinos-legs-during-a-game-picture-id50660938

I enjoy doing research like that. Don't know why. I post random stats on the main board semi-frequently.

So my brother played for the Naval Academy. He captained the team a few years back. One thing interesting I remember reading about Bellino in their football museum was that he had 18 inch calves. They were so thick they had to cut a slit down the back of his uniform pant leg to allow him to fit. Found this image of Bellino online.

view-of-navys-prize-halfback-joe-bellinos-legs-during-a-game-picture-id50660938

I can understand the guys frustration with having to slit his pants for his calves, I have to do the same thing for the pee hole in my underwear.

I can understand the guys frustration with having to slit his pants for his calves, I have to do the same thing for the pee hole in my underwear.

You are up for the trivia question NCirishman. OFC

Name the two teams who played in the very first ACC CHAMPIONSHIP FOOTBALL game (Atlantic vs Coastal) in 2005? Who won?

OFC

Mark Spitz famously won 7 Good medals in the 1972 Olympics. The record held until Michael Phelps won 8 in the 2008 Olympics. Spitz won 6 of the same events as Phelps. Which event did Spitz win a gold medal in that Phelps did not?

Mark Spitz famously won 7 Good medals in the 1972 Olympics. The record held until Michael Phelps won 8 in the 2008 Olympics. Spitz won 6 of the same events as Phelps. Which event did Spitz win a gold medal in that Phelps did not?
Got to be either backstroke or breaststroke. I will say breaststroke.

I think it was relays but not sure which one. SWAG it and guess 4 X 50. OFC

It was the 100 meter freestyle. It's really uncanny how much they overlapped in events they won. Whoever reads this first, ask the next question.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT