ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sports trivia part 2.

Who was the last Boston Celtics coach to lead the team to two straight titles.

You're up again Sky. It's not easy following that question by Pisgah. Only reason I knew it is because I'm from those parts.

At 1st I did have Jones but as soon as I replied I knew Jones didn't have two in a row because they were playing the Lakers most of the time during that era. I went with Russell because I think he was still player Coach and it was possible they won two with him. My next guess would have been Aurbach. OFC

Reactions: Hurley22
At 1st I did have Jones but as soon as I replied I knew Jones didn't have two in a row because they were playing the Lakers most of the time during that era. I went with Russell because I think he was still player Coach and it was possible they won two with him. My next guess would have been Aurbach. OFC
Yes sir. 1967-68 Russell was the player/coach and they won both years. Aurbach won in 1965-66 as well I'm pretty sure.

Reactions: skysdad
We have had Guilford College mentioned in the discussion of Henry Logan. I grew up very close to Guilford College in Greensboro and the school was about the size of a large highost school and the gym was really cracker barrel sized but Guilford College produced 3 NBA players and all of them were successful and spent a long time in the NBA. Name all three. One of them changed his 1st na email after he got to the NBA and I will except both his collegiate and NBA name. That's a good hint. Name all 3. Hurry up I'm going to bed in about 40 minutes. OFC

Great job hart. I had a feeling you would know. You are up sir. OFC

Thanks Sky....Appreciate it buddy....good question too to all of us who followed the Quakers....

Who proceded Jim Grobe as coach of Wake football? OFC

Thats a good one. I'm thinking about 2 guys. It wasn't Jim Caldwell was it.
OFC

Ok who preceded Caldwell. I will be out until mid afternoon. OFC

Last edited:
I think we should make it 12 hours instead of 24 to respond with the new question. Just to keep the thread more alive and moving... but that’s your call. It’s almost been 24hrs though, may as well post a new question. (Can you tell how much I like trivia? Haha)

I love it BP and like the idea of a 12 hour window! Sky as leader of the offseason trivia thread, whaddya say? OFC

I think we should make it 12 hours instead of 24 to respond with the new question. Just to keep the thread more alive and moving... but that’s your call. It’s almost been 24hrs though, may as well post a new question. (Can you tell how much I like trivia? Haha)

We've done 24 in the past. Sometimes because of jobs, travel and other reasone it can be hard to get back within 12 hours. I believe the majority should make the call. What do you guys think. The I put you're up is just for fun. OFC

I say 24. Some people’s time is much more valuable than hanging out on a message board.:D

Reactions: dukiejay
It's been 24 hours. hart you are up again. OFC

Last edited:
It's been 24 hours. hart you are up again. OFC

The only team to win back to back mens hoops nattys since Duke is Florida in 2006 and 2007. Name in order the teams the Gators beat in the two title games....OFC

At the 2006 Final Four, we saw 11th-seeded George Mason advance there with wins over the likes of UNC and top-seeded UConn. They’re one of just two 11-seeds to ever make the Final Four. Two parts....who is the other team, and what year was it accomplished?

At the 2006 Final Four, we saw 11th-seeded George Mason advance there with wins over the likes of UNC and top-seeded UConn. They’re one of just two 11-seeds to ever make the Final Four. Two parts....who is the other team, and what year was it accomplished?

Loyola in ‘17

I might be wrong about this one but wasn’t VCU also an 11 seed in 2011? Pretty sure that final 4 game was like 8th seeded Butler and 11th seeded VCU.

Edit: On second thought Loyola did it last year in 2018. I was thinking it was 2 years ago.

Loyola in ‘17

I might be wrong about this one but wasn’t VCU also an 11 seed in 2011? Pretty sure that final 4 game was like 8th seeded Butler and 11th seeded VCU.

Edit: On second thought Loyola did it last year in 2018. I was thinking it was 2 years ago.

I’ll give it to you because I screwed up. I was actually thinking of LSU in 1986. That year was our first Final Four of the K era. I had completely forgot about Loyola last year and I thought VCU was a nine for some reason.

I’ll do better next time...haha.

Reactions: BeerPoisoning
I’ll give it to you because I screwed up. I was actually thinking of LSU in 1986. That year was our first Final Four of the K era. I had completely forgot about Loyola last year and I thought VCU was a nine for some reason.

I’ll do better next time...haha.

Yeah, it was Johnny’s senior year. I know LSU was in that F4 but I honestly had no idea what their seeding was. Thanks for giving the question to me anyway though haha

Alright I’m up!

Tiger Woods — What’s his real first name?

Yeah, it was Johnny’s senior year. I know LSU was in that F4 but I honestly had no idea what their seeding was. Thanks for giving the question to me anyway though haha

Alright I’m up!

Tiger Woods — What’s his real first name?
Tiger?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT